Work Permit For Nanny Wanted

ronwparker

Congratulations on the twins I am sure you have your hands full :)

I do not know whether nanny is an occupation permitted for foreign nationals. You apply for a work permit at the Labour Office at City Hall. It is on the left hand side of the inner court yard of the main City Hall building. I have always found them to be extremely well run and helpful and I am sure they will be able to answer all your queries.

Good luck.

Congratulations on the twins I am sure you have your hands full :)

I do not know whether nanny is an occupation permitted for foreign nationals.

It is when they're Burmese or non-Thai hilltribe and have the appropriate permissions. As an aside, even if nanny isn't allowed, there is some leeway in the job title. So while you may find that housekeeper or nanny isn't allowed, it's likely that things like children's teacher is allowed. Then all you need to do is get her some paperwork that says that she is that, such as by sending her on a course of something or another that roughly fits.

Yes, the description of the job is the most important part, also make clear why a Thai wouldn't be able to do the job (English language skills). Normally it won't be that of a problem and talk to labour first when you go for the forms. They can be very helpful.