Where Can I Get A Haircut?

FuninPlural

Where can I go to get a good haircut in Bangkok? Please name the area and I will travel there if necessary (I'm currently staying around the Platinum mall). I know most of you probably shave it all off due to the heat (I'm being kind here), but I haven't cut mine in a while.

The problem is that I went to one place in Japan and I showed him my ID picture and another picture with the haircut I wanted and he still managed to <deleted> it up!!! I have since found a barber in Japan, but it costs about $30 each time (too much in my opinion). Any suggestions? I guess I'm looking for a barber who will give me styles similar to this:

http://z.about.com/d/latinmusic/1/0/4/3/-/...del_331x500.jpg

Kinda similar to the guy with the white shirt. (Seems very easy and simplistic, right?). Anyway, a short haircut, but more stylistic that a military cut, some people call it urban, some call it hip-hoppish, I just call it me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Believe it or not but but 100 baht haircut place in Asoke name QB House.

Just go down to Asoke MRT, QB House is one of those Japanese 10 min haircut places. Just opposite Stevens Hair Saloon.

Its just 3 booths, the girl in the middle booth, sorry i do not recall her name(and i been going there for 7 years) she has curly hair 32 years old, worse comes to worse ask which one of them has an old Chihuahua :)

She cuts the best hair no word of a a lie. I tried 100 of them including 2700 baht for a haircut and no one ever did what i liked, With her, every month for 7 years, every single time great cut.

Edited by kuffki

Sure its not even a little bit of an embelishment??? How long has the MRT even been open??? Im gonna say less than 6 years...... :)

and how long has QB house been open? I do not recall saying getting haircut from MRT, i did however say that QB House is located now in Asoke MRT and i did also say its a chain, being a chain, means more then 1

I may look into "Never Say Cutz". I know of QB House from Japan. I've never tried it, and even though my preferred style is very simplistic, there is no reason I would want to be rushed in 10 minutes just to save some BHT (I know my other threads don't reflect NOT bewing cheap, but when you don't have money, your brains and your looks have to get you through society.)

I use the one at Silom Complex. Sorry the name escapes me now. As you walk in off BTS - you are on floor 2. Turn right & walk all the way down & it's on your right. It's a salon that cuts men & womens hair. Shampoo before & after. 400 baht. Expensive & good.

I may look into "Never Say Cutz". I know of QB House from Japan. I've never tried it, and even though my preferred style is very simplistic, there is no reason I would want to be rushed in 10 minutes just to save some BHT (I know my other threads don't reflect NOT bewing cheap, but when you don't have money, your brains and your looks have to get you through society.)

the 10 mins is just their slogan, there is never any rush. the only thing it does not have is a basin to wash the hair. also with me it was not about the money, but the fact the the girl really cuts very good.

I tried one in MBK , Tony & Guy its one of those international "hi-so" places where haircut is 2700 baht and came out looking like a wounded monkey and mind you it took almost 1 hour, the only good thing there was the head massage but for 2700 i am sure i can get 10 of them.

I've yet to get a good haircut here...and I don't even have that much hair!

How many of you have run into the "1, 2, 3, 4, 5?" at a Thai barbershop?

I did, and had no idea what they were talking about. As I later found out -- both by results and having it explained by a Thai friend -- it means how short/long do you want it...sort of a scale, with 1 being very short and 5 being very long. Had I know what it meant I would have said 3, but leaving it to them it turned out to be a 1.

It's a bit out of the way for some, but a small place on the corner of Udomsuk (sukhumvit 103) soi 47 is absolutely great. Several foreign customers keep going back there regardless of distance so I checked it out and found out why. 150 baht, very good English speaking Chiang Mai hairdresser, amazing shampoo and head massage and....she listens to what you want and cuts it accurately.

Hairdressers in Thailand (and quite a few other places) are either gays or women.

And I sure prefer it that way, the only time I got a haircut from a straight man in Thailand was in Mukdahan and he was pretty straight indeed, he took the clippers and removed whatever was left on my head, military style :)

Just go down to Asoke MRT, QB House is one of those Japanese 10 min haircut places. Just opposite Stevens Hair Saloon.

Its just 3 booths, the girl in the middle booth, sorry i do not recall her name(and i been going there for 7 years) she has curly hair 32 years old, worse comes to worse ask which one of them has an old Chihuahua :)

She cuts the best hair no word of a a lie. I tried 100 of them including 2700 baht for a haircut and no one ever did what i liked, With her, every month for 7 years, every single time great cut.

I go there too. Was 60b when I started but it went up quick. Only place I ever had a haircut where they vacuum up the bristles instead of blowing them down your shirt.

I've used QB House in bothy Asoke MRT and Thaniya. However, if you're not keen on the production-line style of this place, there are traditional gentleman's barber shops located in the Conrad Hotel (in the PnL CLub in the lobby) which costs about 600 baht, and on the 2nd floor of the K-Village mall in Sukhumvit Soi 26.

Edited by mark5335

You need to ask for a , rong wee ber neung.

Costs 60 baht with a shave in any Thai barber shop.

What's this mean?

Also, to the other post about the place in (sukhumvit 103) soi 47, how does one get there? IS there a subway that at least goes near there, or is it a taxi trek?

You need to ask for a , rong wee ber neung.

Costs 60 baht with a shave in any Thai barber shop.

What's this mean?

Also, to the other post about the place in (sukhumvit 103) soi 47, how does one get there? IS there a subway that at least goes near there, or is it a taxi trek?

This is how to ask in Thai for the haircut you asked for in your first post.

As for going all the way out to Udom Suk, it will cost you more in skytrain fares and taxi fares than the haicut will cost.

Suggest you go to an internet shop and print off the photo you posted in your original post, take it to a Thai traditional barber shop and tell him thats the style you want.

[...] also with me it was not about the money, but the fact the the girl really cuts very good. [...]

Does she understand English?

Do you have to explain what you want or will she look at your head and come up with what looks naturally good on you (which is what I like but can hardly be found anywhere)?

Wow, they even had their own online article:

http://www.thaiasiatoday.com/index.php?opt...&Itemid=105

Edited by mrdome

At the risk of creating of huge line there, I also agree. The girl is quite good although I'm not saying its the best cut in town. Since I have a lot less to cut in my senior years, the price reflects the reduction in volume of hair

I go there too. Was 60b when I started but it went up quick. Only place I ever had a haircut where they vacuum up the bristles instead of blowing them down your shirt.

I've yet to get a good haircut here...and I don't even have that much hair!

How many of you have run into the "1, 2, 3, 4, 5?" at a Thai barbershop?

I did, and had no idea what they were talking about. As I later found out -- both by results and having it explained by a Thai friend -- it means how short/long do you want it...sort of a scale, with 1 being very short and 5 being very long. Had I know what it meant I would have said 3, but leaving it to them it turned out to be a 1.

The black plastic clipper blade guides are numbered, so that's where it comes from. It's not just a Thai thing. For franchise type operations in the US where you rarely see the same stylist twice, it's an unambiguous way to tell how short you want it. Although above a 3 is normally done with scissors.