I Wont Shop At 7/11 Again

I am a regular at most 7/11's. Usually just for me fags and beers. This mornin I went in to my local 7/11 and bought my usual half dozen bottle of changs and a couple of packs of fags. Total came to 298bart and the bird behind the counter put my 2bart change in the Haiti relief tin. I am all for charity, but she should have asked me. Anyway when I asked her why she did not give me my change she just went to the next customer.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't sweat the small stuff, mate. That's what Stickman once told us. It's about maintaining face for whoever she was and it's only a couple of baht. I've boycotted a few 711s in the past, to my own physical fitness's improvement as I have to walk a lot farther, but now I've found a goodie again, I always wipe my feet before I go inside, and do all the polite bullshite I can to maintain my reputation. Gosh, half the time Tesco-Lotus won't even unlock the cabinet for the smokes so what choice do I have? Keep in good at the 711 or smoke the bumpers from the ashtray! Forsooth!

It was a stupid mistake she made, but it was only 2 baht. Meet me at the 711 on the corner of Sukh. Soi 23 Ban Chang, Rayong at 11am tomorrow morning and I'll refund your two baht for ya. :)

Gona be an early night for you Sean, started early did we

But if you wanted to make a point about the 2 baht you should have bought something else, small and give here 2 baht short

with a smile off course

:)

The most important question is, DID SHE SMILE at you as she dropped your change in the jar?

It just might be that she fancies you as an honnee boy and wants to be yo woman. It's fairly normal practice when a chicky has a crush on a bloke that she'll try out a few things test his patience and get his attention, and she certainly got YOUR attention for the price of two baht.

That won't be all she costs you, but if she's a bit of orright, she's just set the standard for bargaining to come.

Of course, she might be a bushie and just sufferring from some sort of schoolgirl crush. Ever watch Stephen King's Misery starring James Caan with Kathy Bates and Lauren Bacall? RUN, MATE, RUN! (unless she's a bit of a dish, that chick from the 711 who might have a crush on you.)

<ed: typos x 3>

Edited by SeanMoran

The most important question is, DID SHE SMILE at you as she dropped your change in the jar?

It just might be that she fancies you as an honnee boy and wants to be yo woman. It's fairly normal practice when a chicky has a crush on a bloke that she'll try out a few things test his patience and get his attention, and she certainly got YOUR attention for the price of two baht.

That won't be all she costs you, but if she's a bit of orright, she's just set the standard for bargaining to come.

Of course, she might be a bushie and just sufferring from some sort of schoolgirl crush. Ever watch Stephen King's Misery starring James Caan with Kathy Bates and Lauren Bacall? RUN, MATE, RUN! (unless she's a bit of a dish, that chick from the 711 who might have a crush on you.)

I don't normally start drinking till 6 but as it's school holidays and I don' t have to get up early I'll have a pint now, and it's your fault Sean

The bushy bit did make me laugh

Edit...But I'm not trying to encourage you

:D

Edited by Slaps

I don't normally start drinking till 6 but as it's school holidays and I don' t have to get up early I'll have a pint now, and it's your fault Sean

Don't worry Slaps ... I'll make sure to bring flowers to your tombstone every year on your birthday, mate.

It's after 6pm in Singapore, btw, so cheers!

Don't worry Slaps ... I'll make sure to bring flowers to your tombstone every year on your birthday, mate.

It's after 6pm in Singapore, btw, so cheers!

That's very kind of you mate, and we haven't even met

btw I will be having my ashes scattered over Pattaya at about 6.000 feet so bring a parachute.

I actually got undercharged 80 thb around six weeks ago at my one and only 711 (that's why there's so many ones in the name and the seven for good luck), but I didn't realise until I'd gotten back to the hotel and drunk three or four canoes and checked the receipt for the balance of what I'd purchased.

Well, as expected from an honest bloke like me, I drank another half-doxen canodles that night and hurried back as fast as I could the next morning at the crack of noon to find the shop assistant who had accidently let me off with that 80 baht, and I don't know why, but she wasn't there that day, and I still haven't seen her after all this time. I guess she must have found a job in something more lucrative in the way of customer relations, when I think of such generosity across the counter of a 711 store...

I actually got undercharged 80 thb around six weeks ago at my one and only 711 (that's why there's so many ones in the name and the seven for good luck), but I didn't realise until I'd gotten back to the hotel and drunk three or four canoes and checked the receipt for the balance of what I'd purchased.

Well, as expected from an honest bloke like me, I drank another half-doxen canodles that night and hurried back as fast as I could the next morning at the crack of noon to find the shop assistant who had accidently let me off with that 80 baht, and I don't know why, but she wasn't there that day, and I still haven't seen her after all this time. I guess she must have found a job in something more lucrative in the way of customer relations, when I think of such generosity across the counter of a 711 store...

She was most likely sacked Sean because her till was out, shes probably cowering under a sheet of iron somewhere, cold, hungry, all because you accepted the wrong change.

What is the problem with versialcontro? Moan, whinge, moan. 3 Baht. good grief! :D

Hey it was only two baht, not three... :D:)

But why versialcontro, don't you shop at the local Thai shop, where cigs & beer are cheaper anyway, in many cases,.... yes it is true. You would save yourself lots of money that way...... :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by samuijimmy

She was most likely sacked Sean because her till was out, shes probably cowering under a sheet of iron somewhere, cold, hungry, all because you accepted the wrong change.

Top of the class, mate. I just hope that I didn't accidentally contrive the mechanism that might have led her up to Pattaya to become a 'dancer'. No kidding, I honestly never noticed the shortfall out of a 700 baht purchase until I got home and went over the receipt, and then remembered what I'd actually lugged home that day.

I wish I could have been there on the spot to fix it up there and then, but maybe they should give the new staff a week to get used to the till, so that I could have come back the next day and helped her out. Then again, she basically stuffed up the till, and most people would just walk away with the 80 baht savings, so what do they say in Thailand? I am not sure but is it "Som nam nah"?

---o0o---

Oh how I lament the misfortunes of all the young ladies through lack of concentration on their appointed duties because I'm so bloddy good-looking. Women here tell me all the time how handsome I am, and I can't help but accept my tragic fate, as well as theirs. Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble....

Edited by SeanMoran

what is it about thai visa, do people just come on here to whinge?

Second post by versialcontro on ThaiVisa.

Welcome to the whiners. :D

Second post .... you poor sucker, cant you count?

What is the problem with versialcontro? Moan, whinge, moan. 3 Baht. good grief! :)

Similar to poor sucker, but only you cant read.

So OP, whats your alternative, are you now going to trek a further 10km up the soi to the next available store....I mean whats this really going to end up costing you ?

If thats is what I have to do, then that is what I will do. It might seem like a pittance, but it is the principal of the matter.

If thats is what I have to do, then that is what I will do. It might seem like a pittance, but it is the principal of the matter.

It's principle because a principal is what you get up the front of the assemblies atg school, but the principle aside, just go on back tomorrow with a clear head, and smile as if nothing happened, and take it easy. Maybe you might get the chance to mention something, but the fact of the matter is that she never stuck a thousand baht note of yours in the charity jar, and as rude as her gesture was, she was obviously trying to be helpful in some way, or else make an harmless joke. Just ask her for the two baht back tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure she'd gladly dig it out of the charity jar for you, but the friendship she offered will be lost.

Your choice. Don't waste it.

Top of the class, mate. I just hope that I didn't accidentally contrive the mechanism that might have led her up to Pattaya to become a 'dancer'. No kidding, I honestly never noticed the shortfall out of a 700 baht purchase until I got home and went over the receipt, and then remembered what I'd actually lugged home that day.

I wish I could have been there on the spot to fix it up there and then, but maybe they should give the new staff a week to get used to the till, so that I could have come back the next day and helped her out. Then again, she basically stuffed up the till, and most people would just walk away with the 80 baht savings, so what do they say in Thailand? I am not sure but is it "Som nam nah"?

---o0o---

Oh how I lament the misfortunes of all the young ladies through lack of concentration on their appointed duties because I'm so bloddy good-looking. Women here tell me all the time how handsome I am, and I can't help but accept my tragic fate, as well as theirs. Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble....

Youre getting better looking everyday Sean. Bet you cant wait till tomorrow, sessy man.