What Foreign Countries Can Thai People Visit Easily?

If - when? - I make it back to Thailand, it would be to some extent to establish a basis of operations for easy travel to other countries.  For example, have a place in BKK, but spent about 10 days each month visiting other counties/places.  I have made some ok to great contacts during past visitand but curious about how hard is it for Thai nationals to travel.  

For example, if I invite some people for a motorcycle ride to Malaysia, will they have a problem with passport/visa?  This sort of stuff.  Is this something that depends on how rich that Thai individual is?  Rough idea of countries in question would be; Malaysia, Burma, Laos, Vietnam, India, Nepal - and possibly Indonesia (Bali).  Is it hard for Thai nationals to gain entry to these countries?  Or easy?  Judging by border towns, I see a lot of Thai crossing into Burma/Laos so maybe not that hard?  Just wondering... 

Thais can generally travel in SE Asia pretty easily. Do look into each particular country though, a visa may be needed for multiple day visits. Also when you say 'motorcycle ride to Malaysia', if you rent a bike in Thailand then the renter (owner) of the bike would need to do the paperwork to take it into Malaysia, which is unlikely. You may be able to rent in Malaysia of course.

Yes, that was the one drawback of my last trip.  I covered so much ground and quite a few border towns, but was unable to cross any borders.  In the future, I would be using their bikes, not rental bikes, so no problem.  For some areas, I would just rent at the destination, or not at all.  

I was just concerned not to appear as if I am 'rubbing it in' or gloating with extending such invitations if it is hard for them to go anywhere.  

Edited by witold

Entering ASEAN countries Thais get 30 days on arrival.

South Korea also.

In theory, yes. In practice however, I believe everyone who plans to enter Myanmar (Burma) must acquire a visa beforehand. You'll also have problems trying to ride motorcycles into Myanmar, as I believe they will only authorize you to visit certain cities. If you get a visa, it won't be for free access to the country.

Check the motorcycle forum here, and Golden Triangle Rider Forum. You will find which areas are visited successfully, and how they did it. There are many variables that can affect entry into bordering countries. Good luck!

Edited by Meridian007

Always remember a time when a friend of mine (Australian) flew to Brazil with 2 co-workers (Thai), all been arranged by HR, the 2 Thai staff didnt need Visa's much to their surprise, obviously they thought, well if the Thais dont need one, the farang doesnt need one!!!!!

At the airport, not questioned, flew Bangkok to France, France to Rio, landed, went through immigration, Thai staff, straight through, him back on a plane, this one took him to Amsterdam, delayed hours in Amsterdam eventually made it back to Bangkok...his nickname for a while...Longhaul

See also,

www.wikipedia.com and look for Passport Thai or Thai Passport, there you find Information.

I think its about 50 countrys you can visit with a Thai-Passport without a Visa or with Visa on arrival.