Thailand's Thaksin Texts Mass Rallying Cry

webfact

From the live news thread:

Webfact Today, 2010-03-12 13:15:32 Post #14

NATION: Thaksin's frist messages of the day insisted red protesters will never target the Siriraj hospital.

"Red people" are very loyal too, he said, adding that he heard govt might use troublemakers dressed in red to create problems at Siriraj

Ofcourse he is going to say that. Now where ever there is violence, he can blame others dressed as red shirts. The reds have security guards to ensure the demonstration stays peaceful, so I fully expect red security guards to be attacking any red shirts (what ever colour underneath) that are causing violence.

why argue, he can say what ever he want and you will twisting it to a meaning whatever you want.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 11th Infantry Regiment clearly has become a focal point as it's now reported that PM Abhisit has arrived at their barracks and it already had been reported that Gen Prem arrived at the barracks earlier today. Some Red leaders also are reported to be already there or heading to the regiment's barracks.

It could seem that the Reds have reason to believe this is one regiment they might be able to use this weekend or during the upcoming week of actions. The loyalty of the 11th Infantry seems to be in question. If this is the case, what of other army units in Bangkok which are directly affected by the divisions in the country?

Perhaps the outcome of people converging on the barracks of the 11th Infantry might provide an indication of how extensive or limited the possibility might be of some sharp division of loyalty in the military, and of the extent to which ongoing developments might unfold.

Edited by Publicus

I can imagine him texting the court justices in 2001:

I'm not rich, all my money gone before I entered politic. If my chauffeur rich too, then honest mistake. So sorry.

To the devoted thousands in 2002:

I'm too rich to be corrupted.

texting the court justices in 2010:

I'm not rich, all my money go to friend, or go somewhere, I don't know.

Again to the devoted Red Shirts:

I'm so rich, that I can show everybody how make more money and not pay debts.

I wonder how this blessed child got found in the manger under an umbrella up north by a couple of rich people. They not only gave him money but decided to serve him as maid and driver. :)

The 11th Infantry Regiment clearly has become a focal point as it's now reported that PM Abhisit has gone to their barracks and it already had been reported that Gen Prem arrived at the barracks earlier today. Some Red leaders also are reported to be there or heading to the regiment's barracks.

It could seem that the Reds have reason to believe this is one regiment they might be able to use this weekend or during the upcoming week of actions. The loyalty of the 11th Infantry seems to be in question. If this is the case, what of other army units in Bangkok which are directly affected by the divisions in the country?

Perhaps the outcome of people converging on the barracks of the 11th Infantry might provide an indication of how extensive or limited the possibility might be of some sharp division of loyalty in the military, and of the extent to which ongoing developments might unfold.

nah, they meant Barack Obama, lol :)

the sick joke is how people here are in favour of a military state and support state control mechanism that smell so Jaruzelski/Ceauşescu alike including re-education camps for the deviants.

Sorry to disagree, but surely the re-education 'schools' you refer to, are a product of the UDD/Red-Shirt movement, who said they had set up some 400 of them around the country ?

no, i am talking about the ISA and how some people celebrate it and trying to sell it as international standard.

More meshugana arguments.

The ISA has that as a POSSIBILITY.

The 400 or so Red shirt indoctrinations schools are a FACT,

now, today, last week. We know who is actively trying indoctrinations,

not much different than Islamic Madrahs schools except the godhead

is Thaksin in this case.

There is a concerted effort to re-educate the masses in Issan

to Thaksins self serving program of insurrection and civil disorder

based on lies within lies within lies.

Can't you get a better day job than writing screed for this dissolute nutball?

ohh, :facepalm:. how naive one can get.

don't need to stress your white power right-wing islamophobia here.

these red shirt school are voluntary. i don't have to visit them if i don't want to. nobody force me to do it.

same as the sms that go probably to subscribers only.

and what they could probably tell at these red seminars? maybe that coups are bad?

OMG, that must be terrible news for the bois who have a fetish and love men in uniforms.

The ISA on the other side gives the military the right to arrest everybody without any court warrant or control and send them to 'training camps on special locations'.

why not just admit that you like and favour such small time dictators a la Jaruzelski and detention laws for all what you hate or what you not understand in your xenophobic paranoia.

From the live news thread:

Webfact Today, 2010-03-12 13:15:32 Post #14

NATION: Thaksin's frist messages of the day insisted red protesters will never target the Siriraj hospital.

"Red people" are very loyal too, he said, adding that he heard govt might use troublemakers dressed in red to create problems at Siriraj

Ofcourse he is going to say that. Now where ever there is violence, he can blame others dressed as red shirts. The reds have security guards to ensure the demonstration stays peaceful, so I fully expect red security guards to be attacking any red shirts (what ever colour underneath) that are causing violence.

why argue, he can say what ever he want and you will twisting it to a meaning whatever you want.

He said it. What am I twisting? I pointed out that the red shirts have "security to ensure there is not violence" (their words, not mine).

Sorry to disagree, but surely the re-education 'schools' you refer to, are a product of the UDD/Red-Shirt movement, who said they had set up some 400 of them around the country ?

no, i am talking about the ISA and how some people celebrate it and trying to sell it as international standard.

More meshugana arguments.

The ISA has that as a POSSIBILITY.

The 400 or so Red shirt indoctrinations schools are a FACT,

now, today, last week. We know who is actively trying indoctrinations,

not much different than Islamic Madrahs schools except the godhead

is Thaksin in this case.

There is a concerted effort to re-educate the masses in Issan

to Thaksins self serving program of insurrection and civil disorder

based on lies within lies within lies.

Can't you get a better day job than writing screed for this dissolute nutball?

ohh, :facepalm:. how naive one can get.

don't need to stress your white power right-wing islamophobia here.

these red shirt school are voluntary. i don't have to visit them if i don't want to. nobody force me to do it.

same as the sms that go probably to subscribers only.

and what they could probably tell at these red seminars? maybe that coups are bad?

OMG, that must be terrible news for the bois who have a fetish and love men in uniforms.

The ISA on the other side gives the military the right to arrest everybody without any court warrant or control and send them to 'training camps on special locations'.

why not just admit that you like and favour such small time dictators a la Jaruzelski and detention laws for all what you hate or what you not understand in your xenophobic paranoia.

Like I said before

"More meshugana arguments." just barely comprehensible actually.

and ad hominem attacks too.

Who is even slightly islamophobic? Not I.

You aren't good at this, are you?

Hope the check clears.

600,000 protesters!!!

this morning's news about 60,000 - 100,000 protesters???

so 500,000 more to come!!!

thus are we expecting major traffic jams in Bangkok today???

looking outside my window I can see little traffic and no red shirts, where are they, are they still coming???

looks like another big fizzer in the making to me!!!

My company is considering to invest a not small sum of money in Thailand, creating and securing jobs for Thais (rather well paid).

When everything goes wrong they will decide for another SEA country and then thank you Mr. Fh***sin. Another crime against the people of Thailand!

:)

How about thanking the yellow side as well, they also cripled BKK.. Probably worse than what will happen this weekend.

This thread is about Thaksin .... but if you compare the results on last year's Songkran and the year before's airport fiasco the numbers were about the same in results of scaring people away from Thailand. Thaksin's group is however, lining up to do the damage again.

Disagree on that one; if you check out travel forums on Thailand then the major recurring concern is 'the airport being blocked'. This shows that this still lives on in people's minds as a concern, two years after the fact. Oppositioin protests in the street however happen in any country on the planet. (Possibly except Monte Carlo et al.)

Hmm..I wonder if this is why texts were taking up to an hour to be delivered this morning. Maybe they are screening tests. I'm sure the government can stop them if they want.

Abhisbit has made it very plain that everybody has rights, including freedom of speech.

A little different to when the 'champion of democracy' (read dictator) was the PM and he strongly and openly stifled the press, intimidated journalists, and used the national TV and radio to promote his own ends, to promote him as being the saviour, etc., with dissent and comment prohibited.

If there is a coup, lets hope that this time the military clean-out all the trouble makers who have been agitating, threatening violence, and causing so much trouble in the past few months once-and-for all and not pussy-foot around like last time. Hopefully they will also concentrate on silencing the main cause of the recent unrest, the convicted on the run spineless criminal Mr T permanently, using what ever means necessary. They could take or get a few lessons from the Israeli's who never seem to have any problems in this regard.

There is no need for a coup. The ISA powers give them virtually the same powers they would have if there was a coup. The only difference is the ISA powers are to be used for short term periods, but then how long depends on the military.

I'm not a red shirt supporter but if you could take Thaksin out of the equation I would find their brand of politics much more palatable than the current Government's. Maybe its something to do with me being British and always wanting to support the underdog. I notice our Ambassador Quentin suggested a good old British compromise that would be acceptable to both parties, I am sure he was implying elections which maybe is a solution but I am sure this current Government dont want to have them. I wonder why? :)

I very much doubt that being British has anything to do with supporting the brand of politics that Thaksin and his red shirts are advocating. I'd actually guess, that the majority of the British electorate would find Thaksin's brand of politics highly distasteful. In respect of our Ambassador suggesting a compromise - a certain person needs to accept his criminal convictions first, before anything is likely to move forward. Any form of compromise at this point constitutes giving way to the threats and intimidation. As regards elections, no point really trying to explain that one to you, as you seem to unable to MENTALLY digest the electoral process both in Thailand or the UK. :D

Really texting his supporters- it's like some lover sick teenager seeking reassurance that he's still loved

he didn't send me a message, but Abhisit did. how would you that interpret?

Easy! Your tax money at work!

Yes he does resemble a bad teenage boyfriend.

Gives it a good plunging on the first date and then never calls,

shows up randomly at the door later with flowers, beer and tickets,

but then just drives to a field, sticks it in for 10 minutes,

and splits for the concert alone, and then never calls.

But also the jilted girlfriend looking for love in too many faces.

and hoping no matter how many times she's fooled: this is the one.