New Business Idea For Thai Wife

syd barrett

"I am absolutely sick of the Mrs. sitting around all day watching Thai soaps and comedies on Thai television."

Question: is the Mrs herself "absolutely sick" of sitting around all day watching TV? Perhaps she is quite happy doing this?

Yes, she is quite happy doing this.

"I am absolutely sick of the Mrs. sitting around all day watching Thai soaps and comedies on Thai television."

Question: is the Mrs herself "absolutely sick" of sitting around all day watching TV? Perhaps she is quite happy doing this?

Yes, she is quite happy doing this.

Oh dear, perhaps you may have a bigger issue to address first before you decide to sell widgets or towels, whether off a cart or from your own backyard.

As I recall you had earlier thought about getting her started as a lottery ticket seller and a baht bus driver.

Would the 30 hours a week leave her with enough time for her other jobs?

Those above mentioned business ideas failed to get off the ground due to bureaucratic red-tape.

That is why I am so optimistic regarding this towel-selling business proposal.

I have already received a PM regarding a rather smart hand cart for sale. I am now looking for a towel wholesale distributor. Thanks. :)

As I recall you had earlier thought about getting her started as a lottery ticket seller and a baht bus driver.

Would the 30 hours a week leave her with enough time for her other jobs?

Those above mentioned business ideas failed to get off the ground due to bureaucratic red-tape.

That is why I am so optimistic regarding this towel-selling business proposal.

I have already received a PM regarding a rather smart hand cart for sale. I am now looking for a towel wholesale distributor. Thanks. :)

My wife comes up with the business ideas herself and so far the scores on the doors are:

- Selling Special Herbal drink 'guaranteed' to ease menstrual pain (and just about anything else you can think of) : -20k baht

- Massage shop (the non-sexual kind) : -45k baht

- Fancy dress rental for kids : -10k baht

- Coffee Shop : -750k baht

- Cosmetics agent : 0 baht

Grand Total = loss of around 825,000 baht

Let her sit in front of the TV, I wish mine would!

I would be well pissed off living with a couch potato. Towel cart cannot see being too profitable even if you put bell on it. I would buy a square shaped tent, organise a pitch on Jomtien Beach, get a big pair of ear rings, tarot cards, glass ball, etc. Set up psychic readings for Thai's and Falang. Madam Ting Tong's. The natives really go for this sort of thing. Sit back and watch the baht roll in. Or, even better, instead of a noodle cart a mobile psycho reader. Would be the first 12 foot by 12 foot tent going around Pattaya with a scooter inside it.

I would buy a square shaped tent, organise a pitch on Jomtien Beach, get a big pair of ear rings, tarot cards, glass ball, etc. Set up psychic readings for Thai's and Falang. Madam Ting Tong's. The natives really go for this sort of thing. Sit back and watch the baht roll in.

You know, this idea has real potential. Soothsayers are popular with the locals in Thailand. Nice one! :)

I would buy a square shaped tent, organise a pitch on Jomtien Beach, get a big pair of ear rings, tarot cards, glass ball, etc. Set up psychic readings for Thai's and Falang. Madam Ting Tong's. The natives really go for this sort of thing. Sit back and watch the baht roll in.

You know, this idea has real potential. Soothsayers are popular with the locals in Thailand. Nice one! :)

I am not sure if this post/thread is a joke, but it should be. The thought that you would or could push/force your wife into a "job" that she does not want and is not comfortable with (just because she is Thai or a woman or your wife) is an insult and should be offensive to Thais and women generally. YOU will decide what she does and will decide her work hours???! YOU are her employer??? I thought you were her husband! And what do YOU do all day???? Get a cart, buy towels and you sell them, a much better arrangement. Go back to what you do best -- identifying restaurants with good food and cheap prices that we can all enjoy, and stop bullying your wife (at least in public). Stop being (or pretending to be) a bully. And if it is a joke, like the threads you have started before on similar subjects (if it was a few weeks later, I'd say "April fools"), enough!

just because she is Thai or a woman or your wife) is an insult and should be offensive to Thais and women generally. YOU will decide what she does and will decide her work hours???! YOU are her employer??? I thought you were her husband!

There is no chance of me bullying her into work. It is very much a carrot and stick approach: Work three hours per day initially, in order to earn money. I am sorry if this offends you. Honest work is nothing to be ashamed of and gently coaxing ones spouse into paid employment should be applauded by all.

If you wish for your wife/boyfriend to idle his/her time away watching Channel three soaps all day then that is your decision.

just because she is Thai or a woman or your wife) is an insult and should be offensive to Thais and women generally. YOU will decide what she does and will decide her work hours???! YOU are her employer??? I thought you were her husband!

There is no chance of me bullying her into work. It is very much a carrot and stick approach: Work three hours per day initially, in order to earn money. I am sorry if this offends you. Honest work is nothing to be ashamed of and gently coaxing ones spouse into paid employment should be applauded by all.

If you wish for your wife/boyfriend to idle his/her time away watching Channel three soaps all day then that is your decision.

Somehow I missed the "gentle coaxing" in "My initial plan is to have her work a simple 18 hour week...maybe 'up' the hours worked to 30...." This sound like your plan and you deciding what she should and will do (if she wants and money in her pocket and peace in her home). I have no problem with a "carrot" provided that she ultimately decides how best (for her) to get the carrot. But I do have a problem with "the stick", especially if it more resembles a "club".

I have no wife or boyfriend, but my g/f does her share to keep the house and garden clean, clothes clean and meals prepared (as do I), and if those chores get done and there is still idle time to spend, it is her choice how to use it for her enjoyment (with a bit of encouragement, but no force, from me). And she does not criticize me for watching Bloomberg or doodling on the internet and I don't criticize her for watching Thai (or French) TV.