Do You Hope The Redshirts Succeed?

Jingthing

Support the red shirts, or not?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like asking if you want cow poop or bull poop spread on the dining room floor. Thailand is not going to be a winner no matter what side prevails.

Has anybody mentioned a looming possiblity, yet another military coup?

If the red forces are as big as they claim, and if they reach the point of bringing down the present government, it is my opinion you would see military rule instead of red rule.

[i am NOT saying I WANT this outcome, so save your key board, only forecasting it]

If this was a few decades ago, when international opinion was not so heavily factored in; this would have already been the outcome, instead of doing it from a back room.

If the Red movement does not topple the government will that end the turmoil? no

If they do, will that end the turmoil? no

IF, [if] they topple the goverment, do you think the military will let the reds take over the House? no

it's more about social change, than change of the government. Surely there would be more struggle within the next months/years.

socialy thailand is somewhere in the feudal era, on top of it there is a cast system, similar to this in india.

those conditions do constrict an economical development.

as to political players, there are more than the 2 obvious ones, even if this government collapses, the next one doesn't have to be red.

what a question, duh. I wonder what the purpose of such a question may be? TV audience is mainly foreigners with NO voting rights. Really, have you thought about that? I think this thread should be closed.

The purpose? Read the OP.

Yes, this is almost all foreigners here. This is an expat forum.

Yes, we have no voting rights at all. However, we do have OPINIONS.

Closing threads is always a mod option.

Methinks you don't like the results! Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

No surprise... CHANGE is needed. :D

Agreed CHANGE is needed.....imagine if it was done democratically, without corruption, violence and stupidity involved. This is no way to go about Political Business & all the main purps should be locked up, hung, drawn and quartered. :)

Look I dont really care which way it goes I think Thaksin is so corrupt but know people in the poorer part of Thailand (issan) who say when Thaksin was in there roads improved they got running water in the villages they got rubbish pickups alot of good things were done but it is 50 50 to what I think :)

what a question, duh. I wonder what the purpose of such a question may be? TV audience is mainly foreigners with NO voting rights. Really, have you thought about that? I think this thread should be closed.

So if we have no voting-rights in Thailand, why not a poll on-line, in a harmless & irrelevant forum like this ?

I think the thread should remain open, why restrict our freedom-of-speech, as you suggest ? :)

I do care a lot, even I am only a long time guest here!

I wish that the Thai people get it together, hard working

people deserve better than just being told fairy tales and getting robbed behind their back!

Hopefully there are changes to come!

And the "old guard" is purged out....

Democrat led government with Abhisit on the helm is a good, fresh start!

The reds claim to be a democratic movement, they aren't, they are a bunch of misled, Rambo's,

those who wish to see genuine changes should go their own way, the parliamentary way and really

help to build a genuine democracy with all the check's and balances in place and a judiciary which

is independent and just!

Edited by Samuian

What a droll reply. The fact is that there are a great number of people on TV who live, work and have families in Thailand. Whilst we may not have a vote - the last time I looked I thought we could still have an opinion.

As for the Red Shirts, I hope they fail miserably and that the Square headed criminal is finally silenced, and Thailand can at least have a period of stability. No fan of either side, needs to be changes - but the Red Shirt organisation is nothing about democracy, it is about the criminal wanting his money and old job back. Thaksin the bastion of democracy :) , people must have pretty short memories.

Edited by mrtoad

So if we have no voting-rights in Thailand, why not a poll on-line, in a harmless & irrelevant forum like this ?

I think the thread should remain open, why restrict our freedom-of-speech, as you suggest ? :)

Probably a Thaksin supporter

Look I dont really care which way it goes I think Thaksin is so corrupt but know people in the poorer part of Thailand (issan) who say when Thaksin was in there roads improved they got running water in the villages they got rubbish pickups alot of good things were done but it is 50 50 to what I think :D

Whoa JT, for someone who was going to keep out of political threads you have sure opened a can of worms with this one :D

I know we are only farangs and its not our fight..bla bla BUT i cant see how anyone (thai or otherwise) could welcome another government who's strings might possibly be pulled by a distant fugative runaway who has prooven to be corrupt time after time, deal after dodgy deal.

The whole world must be shakin its head on this one and thinking WHEN will these people learn :)

If it comes down to issues of having accountability in government and trying to bring Thailand into a more prominent position in the future stage of world politics and even a little international credibility, i would sooner put my money on the current government.

Do you guys honestly think Taksin has any of these, or any decent agendas on his mind?

And in the big picture would you trust the ambitions of such a character after a certain tragic event happens? :D

As for what robbo 1 says i am always amazed when i see this argument.

Yes, Thaksin did do SOME good things but isnt that the job of a government?

Arent they SUPPOSED to provide infrastructure from taxes paid? wouldnt ANY government have provided these things?

Maybe without such a blatant emphasis on helping themselves, their family and other chronies get rich in the process to much to ask?

By this reasing i wonder why a certain Australian prime minister got thrown out, after all he spent a fortune on different things like health care and such good things for the people..and didnt even pocket anything for himself :D

One day my children will have,my partner and her huge family also have the right! Have you thought about that?

I think the poll is a good indication of the feeling of foreigners who also run or are involved in business in Thailand,and therefore does have a purpose..... as the future government of the country makes the rules as to how us foreigners conduct business here and also to make decisions based on this for our familys future.

Yes, I hope they succeed. After all, what are the red shirts asking for? Democratic elections.

The problem for the old elite is that there could be a hundred elections and TRT/PPP/Puea Thai would win all of them.

Just because you don't like the result that's coming isn't a reason to ban democracy. It would serve the current government and their allies better to make policies that appeal and benefit to the majority of Thais, rather than holding on to unelected power.

The problem for the old elite is that there could be a hundred elections and TRT/PPP/Puea Thai would win all of them.

Oh.

So why did they not win the last election then?

That's their inconvenient truth. If the Thaksin puppets had managed to form a coalition after the last election, they wouldn't be complaining.