Red Shirts

kurnell

My staff told me today that when they tried to buy food at a stall in Bangkok today they were refused service as the vendor didn't want to serve a 'red shirt'. Now I understnd that this is an emotive issue and people have the right to express their opinion, but refusing to serve someone looking for a meal because their company colour (complete with logo) is red is just idiotic. I know at least 2 of my competitors also have red shirts so is every company in Thailand supposed to change the colour of their shirts for the benefit of idiots that should know better? Just when I think I have seen it all in Thailand, something like this comes along.

Join the club mate - I am UTD Red. Time for the away kit I guess.

Just surprised that some Neutral Party didn't come up with Orange for their camp Y+R=O.

Guess it would be too Dutch. :)

Just wearing red is a little dull. Would'nt it be better to see 100,000 Hawaian shirts flocking around the city :D

Just surprised that some Neutral Party didn't come up with Orange for their camp Y+R=O.

Guess it would be too Dutch. :)

Just wearing red is a little dull. Would'nt it be better to see 100,000 Hawaian shirts flocking around the city :D

No can't they are reserved for April 12-16.

Guess it would be too Dutch. :D

tell your staff to go topless until this drama is over. :)

Casual friday at the office. I am wearing my white "Good guys go to heaven, bad guys go to Pattaya" singlet. Stylish and problem solved.

Talk about intimidation. Jingthing a couple weeks ago alleged intimidation / peer pressure by/among red leaning people. I never noticed anything of the sort, at least not in Chiang Mai.

Now I'm in Bangkok and there is most definitely (perceived) intimidation here, many people don't dare to speak out that they want change and are behind the UDD. Only when I first make a somewhat Red leaning statement (such as that I would hope to see Thailand become a democracy one day) they tell me their point of view, in a hushed tone in case others hear.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Talk about intimidation. Jingthing a couple weeks ago alleged intimidation / peer pressure by/among red leaning people. I never noticed anything of the sort, at least not in Chiang Mai.

Now I'm in Bangkok and there is most definitely (perceived) intimidation here, many people don't dare to speak out that they want change and are behind the UDD. Only when I first make a somewhat Red leaning statement (such as that I would hope to see Thailand become a democracy one day) they tell me their point of view, in a hushed tone in case others hear.

Perceived intimidation, who is being intimidated?

The best advice you'll get on Thai Visa today! :D

You should call a staff meeting and post the photos on here. :D

Just kidding Mods.....I'll go and stand in the corner of the room now. :D

I said perceived because it relates to a general concern about speaking your mind. When people have to be careful about speaking their mind on topics of democracy and the government, I see that as feeling intimidated.

The code question when speaking to people in Bangkok yesterday seemed to be 'aren't you afraid of the red shirts?'. Then I answer something like having many red shirt friends, or that I hope Thailand will become a democracy and fair society to all. Red leaning people take that as an endorsement and start talking more freely.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Hi there Winnie, hope you're observing from a safe distance, wouldn't want to see you get 5 years in t'clink!

I think there's intimidation and peer pressure on both sides, red and yellow, just hope everything stays peaceful, and that real democratic change can be achieved without any violence. Keep your head down.