Massive Failure For The Red Rally

TAWP

France 24 live reporter estimates 100-150,000 at the moment.

Wow, that's about as many as the yellow "elites" a couple of years ago. I hope nobody will make the assumption that there are more elites (who have a lot to lose and normally don't want to come out of their a/c rooms) than poor people (nothing to lose and get paid for the expenses as well) in Thailand. I'm sure a few others will join later. Last time thaksin got elected, I believe TRT got 19 million votes. Did they miss the train, boat, bus? Don't tell me they're afraid of the army. As proven last songkhran the army won't shoot anyone (btw does anyone remember thaksin telling the world press the army was executing people by the dozens? again an honest mistake,lol) even when they had reason to.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is more than the original Million Man March in Washington DC got, but nobody nitpicks about that. :D

March organizers estimated 1.5 million to 2 million attendees and the Park services estimated 400,000. and Boston university estimated 800,000. Which one is true?

Pick the one that best suits your argument I guess. :)

Edited by twschw

Im not exactly sure why they over estimated - but 500,000 sure is a big number and under estimates the real feeling against not holding elections - you can fool some of the people some of the time...

Do the Thai people care if 1 million people demonstrate or "only" 500,000? That is what is important, not the opinion of some farang looking for meaningless things to quibble about on Thai Visa. :)

Actually if the final count comes out at 150,000 the reds will lose LOTS of credibility!

the good news is people can protest. They are protesting for something and as long as they are peacefull the law or military has done nothing to cause harm. I think this is a great step in the right direction for the country. Free speech to some degree any way.

It is good to have people interested in politics. Make the slimy bast'ds accountable for their actions.

I completely agree with that. And Despite our resident doom sayers and drama queens' best efforts. :) Let's hope it stays this way.

It's getting excellent coverage internationally as well, and in really good, objective reports. So nice to read something about Thai politics in a newspaper but without the spin. BBCNews.com is a great example.

Richard Barrow on ThailandQA reckons numbers will reach 500,000 by evening. He's following the Samutprakan reds who are marching in.

Besides Richard Barrow, is there a credible source that has these numbers for this evening. The only place I've seen numbers this high are from UDD websites, who are claiming 1-1.5 million since yesterday, but that I take with a small grain of salt. Other than that, it seems the numbers are fairly compatible to lasts evenings counts.

Well, I consider myself agenda-less really. Don't like Thaksin but for the reds, with family and friends on the demo. I just passed on the France24 estimate before, as the reporter was at the scene and would seem to be neutral. 100-150,000

France 24 live reporter estimates 100-150,000 at the moment.

Wow, that's about as many as the yellow "elites" a couple of years ago. I hope nobody will make the assumption that there are more elites (who have a lot to lose and normally don't want to come out of their a/c rooms) than poor people (nothing to lose and get paid for the expenses as well) in Thailand. I'm sure a few others will join later. Last time thaksin got elected, I believe TRT got 19 million votes. Did they miss the train, boat, bus? Don't tell me they're afraid of the army. As proven last songkhran the army won't shoot anyone (btw does anyone remember thaksin telling the world press the army was executing people by the dozens? again an honest mistake,lol) even when they had reason to.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Massive-Fail...43#entry3414143

Actually if the final count comes out at 150,000 the reds will lose LOTS of credibility!

With the red-baiters on Thai Visa anyway. :)

and they 'know' best right?

Off course, they are the experts on who Thai people (especially Northern and Isarn poor whom need RE-EDUCATION) should have as their governing body! Problem is none of them are Thai. 555 what a joke.

Richard Barrow in conjunction with one or two others now reckon it's probably 2-300,000. Seems credible.

How would the red shirts know how many people are at the rally? They are the poor uneducated people from the north......... They cant count!!!

And if they dont get what they want, they are going to lay siege to an army battalion barracks!!! now that makes sense!!!!

To me if the goverment is confident......why not lay the ghost for good arrange an election date!!!!!........because if only 1 in 650 are disillusioned.....true democratic walk over......yes???

How many countries do you know that call elections whenever there is a protest?

Today, 2010-03-15 11:11:50, TAN Network: DAAD Leader Veera: If military officials don't stop using broadcast truck, protesters will cut off electricity supply to infantry

They are for letting people having their voice heard, as long as it is only the pre-approved voices.

Welcome to Red Democracy.