The 2010 Formula One Season

Some light relief:

Even F1 drivers can be made to scream like little girls!

Check out the way Alonso ducks at 1.09 to avoid having his head taken off by a pole! Funny stuff...

Nice video, thanks!

Alonso's face from 0:28 to 0:36 is quite funny.......it seems that roller coaster does have an impressive acceleration...something that the F1 Ferrari does not have.

Cheers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations to Vettel!!!

Ferrari gave Vettel the best gift of his live!!! Strategy is very important in the current modern and boring F1 we have nowadays. It can make you win races, but yesterday we saw it lose a championship.

The reason they made the mistake was because they were too concerned with what Webber was doing and failed to see the bigger picture. I believe Webber was sacrified as a bait by his team and it did work nicely for them as Ferrari marked him not only with Alonso but also with Massa (was he racing yesterday???).

Cheers

Congratulations to Vettel!!!

Ferrari gave Vettel the best gift of his live!!! Strategy is very important in the current modern and boring F1 we have nowadays. It can make you win races, but yesterday we saw it lose a championship.

The reason they made the mistake was because they were too concerned with what Webber was doing and failed to see the bigger picture. I believe Webber was sacrified as a bait by his team and it did work nicely for them as Ferrari marked him not only with Alonso but also with Massa (was he racing yesterday???).

Cheers

It's a nice theory and certainly makes RB look pretty smart, but i'm not sure i buy it.

I'm not sure how RB could have foreseen that Alonso would have so much difficulty getting passed the Renault. When i saw Alonso coming out behind after the pits, i was convinced that with what was at stake, he would have found a way past. Have to believe that RB would have thought this too.

I think it simply came down to the fact that Webber was sitting behind Alonso effectively going nowhere, and he needed to do something different to try and shake the order up.

Webber's weekend was utterly dismal. I mean, had his team mate finished behind him he could have blamed the machinery under him. But for his team mate to have got pole and won, shows that he had the car to do the job, and what bigger motivation was needed than the WDC there for the taking? If i were him i would feel like retiring, and i bet if he did, RB wouldn't be too unhappy. Can't imagine with some of the stuff that has come out over the last month or so, they enjoy a great relationship.

Anyway, congrats to Vettel. Youngest ever WDC and although he has had the best car of the season most of the time, he has shown that he does have great ability and skill. Fastest sector one on his last lap i believe - awesome stuff. Guess we have a lot more of the one finger wagging in our faces to come.

Oh yeah, one thing to add. Last night seeing Vettel celebrating the championship it looked right. Do you know what i mean? He looked like a rightful champ. Yes, like Button last year, he has had a very good car, but he's shown himself to be if not the best, one of them. Didn't have that feeling last year myself.

It's a pity that the final is being held in Abu Dhabi <snip>

Here here regarding the choice of final circuit. What a drab and soulless place <snip>

Agree with you guys that it might not be best place for the season finale but with its amazing facilities and architecture with buildings lit by multi-coloured twinkling lights and a pit exit that tunnels under the first corner, there is no doubt that the track is outstanding.<snip>

Yes. One of the worst racing circuits going. The track is NOT outstanding.

If these Arabs have so much money to fling around it's a pity they didn't get someone with brains to design a good race track.

"amazing facilities and architecture, twinkling lights, etc" - who gives a sh1t? Definitely a case of form over function.

Still, it enabled Alesi to get stuck behind Petrov for an hour or so and deliver the result that I was hoping for. Pity about Webber, but he threw away a lot of points during the year.

Oh yeah, one thing to add. Last night seeing Vettel celebrating the championship it looked right. Do you know what i mean? He looked like a rightful champ. Yes, like Button last year, he has had a very good car, but he's shown himself to be if not the best, one of them. Didn't have that feeling last year myself.

Sadly I'm forced to admit he earned it in the most recent races finally pulling himself together a bit (Korea not withstanding) but it also seemed to come down to the driver who didn't throw it away, more then the one who wanted it the most and that applies to the entire season.. Actually, though Alonso is on the list of my least favs I gained some respect for him recently as he has just put his down and gotten the job done until last night that is but then again his team didn't help his cause and I was also going to give them credit for turning around what initially seemed to be a lost cause season early on too..

I'm not sure what the poster above (miiyai46) said about this being the usual boring F1 though like other seasons. Just how many drivers vying for the championship in the last race of the season would provide you with more excitement??

Edited by WarpSpeed

It's a pity that the final is being held in Abu Dhabi <snip>

Here here regarding the choice of final circuit. What a drab and soulless place <snip>

Agree with you guys that it might not be best place for the season finale but with its amazing facilities and architecture with buildings lit by multi-coloured twinkling lights and a pit exit that tunnels under the first corner, there is no doubt that the track is outstanding.<snip>

If these Arabs have so much money to fling around it's a pity they didn't get someone with brains to design a good race track.

"amazing facilities and architecture, twinkling lights, etc" - who gives a sh1t? Definitely a case of form over function.

Still, it enabled Alesi to get stuck behind Petrov for an hour or so and deliver the result that I was hoping for. Pity about Webber, but he threw away a lot of points during the year.

Hermann Tilke is the most sought after track designer in the world today.. It's certain they paid top dollar for his services..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Hermann Tilke is the most sought after track designer in the world today.. It's certain they paid top dollar for his services..

Well, something must've gone wrong then. Maybe he concentrated too much on the pretty buildings and forgot about designing a race track. He should have asked some drivers for advice on the layout.

Edit:

...like Silverstone did: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/04/29/silverstone-boss-explains-why-they-didnt-use-tilke-for-arena-track-upgrades/

Edited by JetsetBkk

Warpspeed

Miiyai46 hit the nail on the head when he said it was a boring race, the fact that there were several contenders for the WDC did nothing to make the occassion special, it was another procession, round and bloody round with very little overtaking and like too many other modern tracks allows few opportunities to overtake.

Just how many present day tracks that actually feature Formula 1 is this Herman Tilke responsible for because if his other designs are anything like A/Dhabi then he should be arrested for taking money under false pretences because I cannot believe there was much if any input from the drivers in the design.

I have to say that if you found the race exciting then I would put money on it that your in the minority at least on this forum and that you either have or had low expectations of the "i'm loathed to call it a race" or your easily satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...