Thaksin Arrives In Cambodia By Private Jet : Thai Fm

george

Thaksin arrives in Cambodia : Thai FM

BANGKOK: -- Fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra left Dubai and arrived in Cambodia on Friday as red shirts started gathering to join the mass rallies on Sunday.

PM's secretary Chavanon Indharakomansut said Thaksin travelled to Siem Reap province of Cambodia by his private jet.

Thai foreign ministry has already contacted its embassy in Phnom Penh to monitor Thaksin's activities in Cambodia, Chavanont said.

Thaksin has been appointed as an economic adviser to Cambodia's PM Hun Sen and the Khmer government. The appointment has led to protests by the Thai government.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do or die mission, I admire his energy, energetic in business and so in politics. Hard fighter. Politics are far too complicated for me so I prefer to mind my own business but it is interesting to see what is going to happen, just hope there will be no violence. That would be a bad move really.

Disappointing his family left, it would have been a better political move in my opinion if they stayed here to support the troops on the ground. Maybe they do not believe this demonstration will actually work, I personally do not believe there will be 1 mil to start with with and that it will work as the present government is also a determined player and will not be easily defeated. It is a good try but if there is not enough support in Bangkok it is hard to win anything in politics in Thailand.

If on the other hand if there is violence it will be even worse for reds as bkk people will hate them, if you want to demonstrate in our city no problem, but if you want to bomb, burn, pillage, destroy, devastate etc. that is different, you are not welcome anymore!

I wish this country all the prosperity in the world, and now lets all join in praying for peace!

Edited by macwalen

It's not good move for Thaksin....

Apparently he was asked to leave the comforts of Dubai. Where else was he going to go? Poor guy.

When he arrives at the Suvarnabhumi Airport in BKK , who is going to arrest him? ETA Sunday afternoon about 2.0pm.

:) OMG, the Southerners will send in the bounty hunters :D

Seriously, he'd better stay away. I know he's trying to knock at the door. But this will be for no good. Thais will have to suffer.

I guess he realized that his cause is over and tries this as a last attempt, at least to cause as much damage as possible.

He's insane like Nero was. This was my first impression of this guy.

But OK, for fairness sake, he's also a fast learner and intelligent, but that doesn't change anything about his deep rooted character.

Seam Reap is also famous for hiring witches and Mr Thaksin has proven to be into occultism. Prepare a nice bed in a mental hospital for him!

We should value the present events by the way the Thai Government seem in harmony with The King, The Army, The Police in Bangkok, the financial markets and all the Bangkokian whom are staying at home to avoid any confrontation without asking them too much like welcoming sincerely the visitors. It is interesting how things have changed for so much better the past 2 years when before every one was against each other in Bangkok Governing Departments.

Containing and directing people flow in Bangkok should be working out according to Government plans not demonstrator wishes consequently by Monday let's turn the page and all of us looking forward: enough is enough Thaksin era is over He Has Been.

Hat off to PM Abbisit whom has firmly but softly taken over the Nation grip not by playing golf at all.

:)

Obviously those who stay at home are afraid of violence! If demonstrators see that just walking around the town in the sun does not produce any results and the government is not concerned then some of the bad guys will get the idea to perhaps liven up things a bit and like last time to throw some petrol bombs, some grenades, some excrement that is men mak mak because is not hom.

I do not believe anybody believes that paid protestors will make a great change. In my opinion there will be violence. I really hope that I am wrong but history likes to repeat itself. It is hard to control such huge masses of people.

Peace, peace, peace.

Edited by macwalen

I would not be surprised if this "old dog" is up to his old (proven) tricks . . . . What do you guys think of the following scenario:

[take into account that IF he could somehow manage to get the current government thrown-out, and IF fresh elections were to be held - it is a "no-brainer" that Thaksin would easily be elected again]

1. All that money they have taken from him,would be handed back to him.

2. The criminal conviction would easily be overturned, rendering him "clean" again

3. With his vast wealth returned to him, he could then pay-off those Army & Police chaps who helped him (making them very rich indeed).

Ergo: Bob's your Uncle

Conclussion: Thaksin's in Cambodia, because the very moment this government falls, all he has to do is walk into Thailand, to a, no doubt, hero's welcome, especially in that part of Thailand . . .

I would not be surprised

JGK/Pattaya

It is not him, please ...

The chinese man, grew on old stratogemmas or so, he sent a decoy

most likely he would arrive from the least expected path ... Maybe on the Railroad dressed as ***** (deleted) or as ***** (self-deleted)

The man, who ran the whole country like his own shophouse, won't be that dumb.

on the second thought - why not by the River? Great M*F"ng entrance )*(

Its the same the world over. Generals marching their fledglings into battle whilst the Generals children are having tea and crumpets. Even if their children ARE enrolled in the military, theyre little more than paper pushers; no real battle experience. Puppetmasters and their puppets, nothing more.

Its no wonder there have been reports of desertion, since their leader is commandant in absentia and his family has flow the koop, and the coup, for that matter. Poor leadership at the very least.

I am politically uninterested in most affairs since they are ALL liars and crooks no matter what colors they don. However, I hope Thaksin fails if nothing more for the fact that he and his family are lilly yellow cowards.

We should value the present events by the way the Thai Government seem in harmony with The King, The Army, The Police in Bangkok, the financial markets and all the Bangkokian whom are staying at home to avoid any confrontation without asking them too much like welcoming sincerely the visitors. It is interesting how things have changed for so much better the past 2 years when before every one was against each other in Bangkok Governing Departments.

Containing and directing people flow in Bangkok should be working out according to Government plans not demonstrator wishes consequently by Monday let's turn the page and all of us looking forward: enough is enough Thaksin era is over He Has Been.

Hat off to PM Abbisit whom has firmly but softly taken over the Nation grip not by playing golf at all.

Hear Hear, I fully endorse this analysis.

I would not be surprised if this "old dog" is up to his old (proven) tricks . . . . What do you guys think of the following scenario:

[take into account that IF he could somehow manage to get the current government thrown-out, and IF fresh elections were to be held - it is a "no-brainer" that Thaksin would easily be elected again]

1. All that money they have taken from him,would be handed back to him.

2. The criminal conviction would easily be overturned, rendering him "clean" again

3. With his vast wealth returned to him, he could then pay-off those Army & Police chaps who helped him (making them very rich indeed).

Ergo: Bob's your Uncle

Conclussion: Thaksin's in Cambodia, because the very moment this government falls, all he has to do is walk into Thailand, to a, no doubt, hero's welcome, especially in that part of Thailand . . .

I would not be surprised

JGK/Pattaya

BUT,... is he eligible to stand as a convicted felon, cant change the current situation without taking power, cant take power cos of current situation. I think

He fantasizes that he will be welcomed back with a big parade.

Earth to Thaksin -- Thailand is just not that into you!

actually thailand loves khun T :)

Hmmm BM.... A Post Too Far :D..... loves? WE'll see. IMO, naturellement :D

Stay Safe All

regardz, Brewsta

He needs to have short and guaranteed lines of communication and propaganda. UAE may cut him off. Cambodia is safe for that. His lieutenants may cock everything up as they lack strategic talent (the UDD leaders) or PR skills (Sae Daeng etc) and Thaksin has invested a lot into this (resources and his name as much as money) and cant afford to keep having his lieutenants make a mess of everything, which to date they have

It makes sense for him to be in Cambodia.

Obviously those who stay at home are afraid of violence! If demonstrators see that just walking around the town in the sun does not produce any results and the government is not concerned then some of the bad guys will get the idea to perhaps liven up things a bit and like last time to throw some petrol bombs, some grenades, some excrement that is men mak mak because is not hom.

I do not believe anybody believes that paid protestors will make a great change. In my opinion there will be violence. I really hope that I am wrong but history likes to repeat itself. It is hard to control such huge masses of people.

Peace, peace, peace.

The 2,000 Baht payment is to get all the Northern supporters to travel down to BKK,my Thai wife looking at the clip from Nakhon Panom said that people are told that, if they don't go to BKK, they have to return the cash..................Yeah......Sure.............That's what will happen.......But don't hold your breath :)

The fact that Thaksin is flying on his private jet whilst his supporters can hardly feed their families is not only akin, but in lock-step with the financial defrauders of the west. The Wall Street traders are collusory, or better, responsible for the disintegration of the economy, and so what do the banks do for them? Why, give them millions of dollars in bonuses for their "troubles" while the rest of America pays for it.

My point: Dont Thaksins supporters see the embedded hypocrisy? I dont blame them for wanting a better life for their families, but theyve chosen the wrong mascot for this game.