Thaksin Arrives In Cambodia By Private Jet : Thai Fm

george

Of course he is in Cambodia. He is not allowed in Germany. He is a liar. Whatever he says, think the opposite, and you arrive at the truth.

For your information,switzerland is no part of germany.

The Post is reporting he flew to Germany, not Switzerland.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai News Agency now reports that Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs says that Thaksin did not go to Cambodia, but has left Dubai and is expected to join his daughters in Switzerland. The Vice Minister further said that the "UAE had acknowledged Thailand's request to ban Mr Thaksin" [ie Dubai has not yet expelled Thaksin].
Of course he is in Cambodia. He is not allowed in Germany. He is a liar. Whatever he says, think the opposite, and you arrive at the truth.

For your information,switzerland is no part of germany.

The Post is reporting he flew to Germany, not Switzerland.

And if I read correctly the switzerland connection was posted 5 hours before STT comments.

Edited by basjke

So all compacted into 2 lines.

-The government is a bunch of liars

-The Thai press is not worth to be called PRESS.

Actually no, that is not what I said.

I said the government is inept in its dealings with Cambodia and as a result is remarkably ill-informed (and in this case, misinformed) about events there. That is not the same as lying. I don't see any reason to think that the claim Thaksin was in Cambodia was an intentional lie, and getting that factually wrong would be in keeping with the general level of (mis) understanding on the part of the present Foreign Ministry with respect to its neighbor.

Weaknesses described n the Press were specific to its covering of matters related to Cambodia which I see as a particular blind spot. It would be less remarkable if this was true of all press coverage but on the contrary, coverage relating to Cambodia is sloppier/more full of easily avoided inaccuracies than is coverage of other international matters. So not a sweeping denouncement of the press here, just trying to point out that there is a real blind spot in regard to Cambodia.

So you also call the fact that the government says that UAE has expelled Thaksin,which they later had to recall,a misunderstanding?By the way they had this same misunderstanding already 4 or 5 times in the past 6 months,and then we still don't talk about the UMPTEEN OTHER ill-informations.

Regarding the Thai press,if a organization whit such a responsibillity as a Press agency just is too lazy to do some research and/or check it's sources then it isn't worth to be called PRESS.By the way this not only concerns their news coverage regarding their neighboring country's.

Thaksin Shinawatra has left Dubai to join his daughters in Germany, according to his Twitter page. Thaksin also denied that he stayed in the Cambodian …SATURDAY, MARCH 13, 2010
Thai News Agency now reports that Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs says that Thaksin did not go to Cambodia, but has left Dubai and is expected to join his daughters in Switzerland. The Vice Minister further said that the "UAE had acknowledged Thailand's request to ban Mr Thaksin" [ie Dubai has not yet expelled Thaksin].

http://leavefreedom.blogspot.com/2010/03/t...-in-berlin.html

I don't think you have to be pro-Cambodia or pro-Thaksin to see that the government is acting in a careless fashion. As Sheryl pointed out, it would be rather simple to confirm if he was in Cambodia. I am wondering why the government is deliberately giving dis-information.

I am certainly not pro-Thaksin but, like many others here, I am not blind to the shortcomings of the current government. At best, they can be considered to be the lesser of two evils. As for the English News in Thailand, describing them as incompetent is only speaking the truth.

I am certainly not pro-Thaksin but, like many others here, I am not blind to the shortcomings of the current government. At best, they can be considered to be the lesser of two evils.

Isn't that what we wind up with in most elections, Thai or otherwise?

May need access to those "Numbered Accounts" if this protest goes on longer than expected...

Let's see a show of hands..How many of you want to see a Thailand with one man one vote? Are you here in Thailand because of the cheap labor and good living? Is that why you want the status quo?

Just a question, does your country have a one man, one vote election system?

Interesting little note from elsewhere.

People think that the protest rally of the Red Shirts is an expression of true democracy. True or not?

Not an expression of true democracy. - 57.14%

(Seen as a rally for one person, it is a war of nerves to generate disturbances for the government, a political game, etc.)

An expression of true democracy. - 23.81%

(Because the constitution states that the public has the right to assemble or point out what they see not to be fair, etc.)

Not sure. - 19.05%

(Because several groups have gathered with different goals and opinions.)

This government is pathetic. Either they are completely inept or they are deliberately misleading the public. If they are going to focus on Thaksin, then at least they should keep their eye on the ball.

it should have some consequences for these responsible at the government channels that handing out these false information.

from all involved, government, press, forum sheeps, will we hear some apologizing "sorry, i was mistaken and future i will be more careful with verifying my sources"

rather not, but will they at least trying to have more accuracy, trying to build up some credibility? i guess not too, these lies are intended. propaganda for wishful thinkers, true believers and gullible suckers.

it is quite annoying and can make one angry not to get trustworthy informations and news that are true. you can only expect lies from all sources.

Edited by Sheryl
civility

I don't think you have to be pro-Cambodia or pro-Thaksin to see that the government is acting in a careless fashion. As Sheryl pointed out, it would be rather simple to confirm if he was in Cambodia. I am wondering why the government is deliberately giving dis-information.

I don't find it strange at all. It's a normal game in Thai politics. They all do it all the time.

I am certainly not pro-Thaksin but, like many others here, I am not blind to the shortcomings of the current government. At best, they can be considered to be the lesser of two evils.

What are the short comings of the current government? (serious question!)

As for the English News in Thailand, describing them as incompetent is only speaking the truth.

Totally agree. I'm not sure if the FM is disseminating incorrect information or his underlings are saying he said it or the newspapers are just trying to heat things because it sells more newspapers. Whatever it is, it's bad reporting.

Let's see a show of hands..How many of you want to see a Thailand with one man one vote? Are you here in Thailand because of the cheap labor and good living? Is that why you want the status quo?

One man = one vote no problem:

IF there is :

1 ) NO PARTY LIST voting either. Party list rigs this big time.

Biggest route to a crooked majority

2 ) Free and fair campaigning rights for COUNTRY WIDE for ALL candidates

And no exceptions. No fish throwing or beatings or power shutdowns

or large groups yelling over the speeches.

3 ) 1340 members as the parliament one for every 50,000 living Thais

or 560 one per every 40,000 voting Thais

elected by the people of said voting district by simple majority,

and run off election between best two candidates till 50% is reached

4 ) 152 senators voted with Two candidate for each jurasdictional Province,

individually elected by the people of said province by simple majority,

and run off between best two candidates till 50% is reached

All ambassadorial positions and cabinet posts vetted and passed by Senate

All laws pertaining to budget, mega projects and charter re-writes

to be passed by BOTH branches of the of legislative with EXACT same wording.

5 ) a mediation board between Senate and Parliament to settle legislative disputes

comprised of 6 Regional representatives each elected by the people of said

region by simple majority, and run off between best two candidates till 50% is reached.

6 ) voting is completely private, no cameras or telephones or open air visible booths.

7 ) Inked fingers for proof of no duplicate voting

And

Keep the party leadership banning rules for party leadership involvement in election fraud or vote buying.

Maintain all shares and company ownership rules on conflict of interest, but extend to cabinet positions also.

Lower threshold for impeachment of officially charged MPs rather than Attorney general submitting charges to court,

it goes to Parliament for a 50% vote on reasonable doubt to impeach,

and then to Senate for impeachment and removal of prosecution protections

and then to court for political office holders. (end the Jatupron dilemma)

That's a reasonable starting point

This is from Thaksin's Twitter page posted seven hours ago:

มีข่าวว่าผมถูกขับออกจากUAEไปอยู่ที่เสียมเรียบ ขอโทษทีไม่จริงนะครับผมยังอยู่ท่ีดูไบพรุ่งนี้จะเดินทางไปยุโรปพบกับลูกสาวทั้งสองคนซึ่งดูงานเสร็จ

He is saying that reports of him being forced out of UAE and going to Siem Reap are false and that he will be travelling to Europe tomorrow, apparently Germany from a previous posting. If that's the case, and all this blows up, I wonder what Germany and the EU will have to say about his presence there?

He's been banned from Germany and will be arrested if he tries to enter. I hope he does try, should be interesting to see.

Who said that he's banned from Germany? As he never went to Siam Reap and in fact left for Germany yesterday do you have details of his arrest that you can share with me?

reports of him being forced out of UAE and going to Siem Reap are false

But maybe those reports of him being 'asked to leave' the UAE are not so false.

one thing is for sure, that his name is Thaksin, they got right. the news contained evidently some truth.

ergo those reports are not so false at all. q.e.d.

you can still trust them if you want.

This is from Thaksin's Twitter page posted seven hours ago:

มีข่าวว่าผมถูกขับออกจากUAEไปอยู่ที่เสียมเรียบ ขอโทษทีไม่จริงนะครับผมยังอยู่ท่ีดูไบพรุ่งนี้จะเดินทางไปยุโรปพบกับลูกสาวทั้งสองคนซึ่งดูงานเสร็จ

He is saying that reports of him being forced out of UAE and going to Siem Reap are false and that he will be travelling to Europe tomorrow, apparently Germany from a previous posting. If that's the case, and all this blows up, I wonder what Germany and the EU will have to say about his presence there?

He's been banned from Germany and will be arrested if he tries to enter. I hope he does try, should be interesting to see.

Who said that he's banned from Germany? As he never went to Siam Reap and in fact left for Germany yesterday do you have details of his arrest that you can share with me?

There are links is this thread already that will show you some posts and links to that information. It would be redundant for me to repost these again for a third time.

Edited by frodo

Not the first go around with the FM and his inside information. I don't think his reports were false, its worse then that. False requires a plan to deceive and he just doesn't know.

So is this all the FM get's for one Brit? Can we get a refund.

From breaking news.

TAN Network: German ambassador to THL denied Thaksin S. has traveled to Germany, banned from entering Germany since 2009.

I guess Thaksin's twitter to his fans was another lie. He's certainly not visiting his daughter in Germany!

Thaksin Shinawatra has left Dubai to join his daughters in Germany, according to his Twitter page.

http://leavefreedom.blogspot.com/2010/03/t...-in-berlin.html

It's getting to much like "Where's Waldo?"

OK, how about this one that was just released on The Nation:

Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra would not be able to see his two daughters in Germany as he has been banned from the country since last year, German Ambassador to Thailand Hanns Schumacher said Sunday.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/...--30124652.html

And here is a question: if Thaksin wants to come out, stand up, and dispel all the rumours about where he is, why doesn't he just do a live video link from wherever that is and prove it?

Ok, more posts have been deleted and others edited. And some warnings given.

It was reported Thakisn was in Cambodia, those reports were not correct. facts established. No need to gloat or flame over this.

Still some uncertainty as to exactly where he is.

It should be possible to discuss this topic without resorting to insults and flaming.

Continued failure to do so will result in more offcial warnings and thread closure. :)

Is it an established fact that he is not in Cambodia?

This is a genuine question, after all if nobody knows where he the is then how can we know where he isn't?

He's behind you .........