You Bought The Wrong Size Shirt; Will The Store Permit An Exchange?

webworldly

You bought the wrong size shirt...will the store permit an exchange?  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This happened to me. I bought a shirt at "Big C". Tried it on when I got home.....turned out it was too small. Completely my fault....I picked the "size I usually wear", but didn't take the extra 2 minutes to try it on while I was at the store. So, I went back to "Big C" just 4 days later.....with the receipt....and with all of the labels and tags still on the shirt.....and asked for no money back, just please allow me to exchange the shirt for the proper size.

What do you think I was told? Pick the answer in the poll that most closely resembles your guess. I'll reveal what happened after people have time to register their votes.

CHEERS!

D

Ha! Great response so far. Let's give it just a little while longer, to give the "early to rise" folks a chance to vote when they wake up Monday morning, k? By the way, I'm grateful that only one person has slammed me for trying to buy a shirt at "Big C". I'm such the fashion maven.

CHEERS!

D

Ha! Great response so far. Let's give it just a little while longer, to give the "early to rise" folks a chance to vote when they wake up Monday morning, k? By the way, I'm grateful that only one person has slammed me for trying to buy a shirt at "Big C". I'm such the fashion maven.

CHEERS!

D

Ok,it's early already.what did they say?I voted not stores fault. :)

CHEERS!

D

Ok,it's early already.what did they say?I voted not stores fault. :)

Oh, also meant to say that it's good to see so many optimist voting #4.Love those rose tinted glasses.lol :D

Can I join the Big C shopping club, I get clothes there too, as well as Tesco Lotus.

Also I exchanged many times before, but know I take the time to check it properly, and get XL even though maybe a Medium

would suffice sometimes.

I bought a Hoover from Big C which caught fire the first time it was used. Took it back next day and after 1 hour of explaining the problem with several staff members and then requesting the contact number of their HQ, i was reluctantly and begrudgingly given my money back.

I had a similar situation with a TV i bought at Tesco. They immediately apologised, gave me 500 baht compensation and full refund. Guess where i shop now...................

Good mornin'!

I'm not sure if more folks want to participate in the poll.....but I think it's unfair to make anyone who already voted wait to see the right answer. So....I typed the correct answer and then saved it as a "PDF" file. I'll attach it to this post. You're free to comment on the correct answer.....but just know that if you give to much away in your comments, you'll have spoiled the poll for anyone who hasn't yet voted.

Thank you for all the guesses.....I was genuinely curious what the opinions would be.

CHEERS!

D

Shirt_Exchange_Poll___Answer.pdf

I find that Thais are quite good about allowing one to exchange items of equal value or if you buy something more expensive and pay the extra cost. They just don't like to refund cash and I can't say that I blame them.

Good one webworldly! Yes I have found there are a lot of urban legends among farang here. Keep up the good work.

Bah...humbug!

Seriously, this is the kind of stuff that would fit on the wall in Soi 8 Bar:

"Sure....no problem! Get the proper size, bring it to the customer service counter, and I'll complete the exchange for you. - Yeah, right!"

TW most always buys too small for me and we have NEVER had a problem getting a replacement either here in the local markets or major supermarkets. Then she sorts it most of the time I don't know where I would stand if doing it solo in Big C or the like but definitely no worries at the local markets. - Voted 4

At stores like Big C, Tesco at al it's not a problem. Small mom & pop shops, you'r mileage will vary. On exchanging it at small shops it's about 50-50, odds are better if they think you're a repeat customer. But Big C and Tesco will actually give you your money back if you so request. That's what truly sets them apart.

I have a similar problem with wives... but in reverse. You get one at the size you like and a few years later she is twice as big. That is why I like the exchange program in Thailand. :)

I ALWAYS try on clothes I MIGHT want to buy, unless I ask for two of the same size shirt and only one fits. I just accept my losses and don't bother with an exchange. I think the exchange thing was originally a North American policy to attract more customers. After a while it sort of became a standard with large outlet stores.

Good mornin'!

I'm not sure if more folks want to participate in the poll.....but I think it's unfair to make anyone who already voted wait to see the right answer. So....I typed the correct answer and then saved it as a "PDF" file. I'll attach it to this post. You're free to comment on the correct answer.....but just know that if you give to much away in your comments, you'll have spoiled the poll for anyone who hasn't yet voted.

Thank you for all the guesses.....I was genuinely curious what the opinions would be.

CHEERS!

D

My oh my,the humble pie taste exceptionaly good this morning! :)

• 4 months later...

I thought that they are legally obliged to change goods within 7 days.

Although I suuppose they could argue that it's the OP that's defective, not the shirt :)

legally obliged - When did that become a consideration when doing anything in Thailand?

I've never had trouble exchanging stuff, whether at big stores or mom and pop shops. Still, my guess was for one of the loony answers because I figured if it was a normal experience and you'd walked away happy, why would you post on TV?

Surely you know the 'V' in TV stands for 'vilify'? :rolleyes:

I thought that they are legally obliged to change goods within 7 days.

Although I suuppose they could argue that it's the OP that's defective, not the shirt :)

legally obliged - When did that become a consideration when doing anything in Thailand?

i took a 1000 bht dvd player back to tesco that had stopped working had no receiptand had bought it 2 months previous at first they were saying we have to send it for repair ourselves, i do the trick off asking many questions and not leaving shop eventually asked to see manager and wa hey girl comes back and says pay us 69 bht and you can take new one,i have returned many things in thailand including a 55,000 bht generator and even a car that i found out had had the clocks wound back 60,000k always got refund or replacement.................

Good mornin'!

CHEERS!

D

I think its human nature to assume the worst, not people's negative attitudes toward Thailand. The way you set this up really seems like a troll post to me. Happy trolling to ya, troll :bah:

The only time i have ever had a problem here was at a mobile phone shop in tuk com ,now i always buy from a recognised dealer ,but after saying that i baught a series of dvds at rhino in tuk com ,a week later when i went to watch it realized that i had already seen it ,took it back and they let me change it,but i am a regular customer .

if you want excllant service for electrical stuff ,go to numchai on shukhumvit,cant fault them.