Transfers

^ Which really seems to negate the point of having Customs checks at all. Arrive at Swampy with a carry on bag full of [insert whatever], pass into domestic without any check, and hand the bag to a domestic passenger on the flight to [wherever].

Seems a bit weird to me. :)

, pass into domestic without any check, and hand the bag to a domestic passenger on the flight to [wherever].

On the map for arrivals it shows at the far end (left on the map ,right if arriving at immigration)another immigration point next to domestic ,it would seem obvious that if you have an ongoing domestic flight then this would save time.Obviously as well you would expect another security search!!Have a look at the map!I just wondered if anyone had done this as my stepdaughter will be coming through on thursday.

^ Which really seems to negate the point of having Customs checks at all. Arrive at Swampy with a carry on bag full of [insert whatever], pass into domestic without any check, and hand the bag to a domestic passenger on the flight to [wherever].

Not completely sure what this means but one thing comes to mind - never ever carry bags for other people and never ever ask other people to carry bags for you. A very very dangerous practice, used continuously by drug couriers to get other people to actually carryu the 'goods'.

:)

As another reply said....yes and no.

If you are traveling on the same airline...and sometimes on associate airlines...you don't necessarily have to go through customs. Try to check your bag through to your ultimate destination. If you can do it, you will probably be able to avoid the customs at least. Your bags should be transferred and you will have to do the customs when you arrive at your domestic destination. You just pass through to your domestic flight via the transfer desk.

HOWEVER, the problem is that not all domestic destinations have the facilities to do the customs and immigration clearance required. In that case you will have to clear customs and immigration at the end of your international flight.

The airline will know, ask them if it is possible, if you can check your bag all the way through.

Those airports that get a lot of tourist and international arrivals are more likely to have the facilities to deal with customs/immigration proplems.

It's kind of like "the luck of the draw".

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG