Gay For A Day

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scampy has demonstrated many times on TV his confusion concerning human relationships and sexuality. On these matters he is still, undoubtedly, an adolescent. (someone else said this)

I agree but I don't care one way or the other if the scamp is gay, straight or bi. I would just be happy to see him grow up in more ways than just his choice of partners. Don't whinge and moan and be able to support yourself without depending on support of your friends.

(I see Moog has yet again demonstrated his compassion, understanding and intellectual prowess. You know, I leech in gay forum because I like gays - what Moog's reasons are, only Mrs. Moog can tell).

๋ีjust tellin' it like I see it.....in Thailand. (Is there a Penninesvisa.com website I can troll - burbling about my experiences with Jesus Christ. Monty Python or anything whatsoever unconnected with the Pennines?)

Oh, Scamp, you could try 'Balcony' in Silom, the older wizzened Thai guys go there, and - if you're lucky send over a beer mat inscribed 'yoohoo' and an arrow pointing to their table, where they are giving ypu a deathly rictus grin.

Edited by The_Moog

Oh, Scamp, you could try 'Balcony' in Silom, the older wizzened Thai guys go there, and - if you're lucky send over a beer mat inscribed 'yoohoo' and an arrow pointing to their table, where they are giving ypu a deathly rictus grin.

No offence to anyone.... but that place would scare the sh1t out of me... :o

totster :D:D

๋ีjust tellin' it like I see it.....in Thailand. (Is there a Penninesvisa.com website I can troll -  burbling about my experiences with Jesus Christ. Monty Python or anything whatsoever unconnected with the Pennines?)

This is a little digression from the thread, but you and other posters have on various occasions, named these subjects that in their opinion are not Thai related.

Given that this Forum is called Thaivisa Thailand Expats Forum, and that the Mods, now and then delete threads completely unrelated to Thailand, especially if discussion on a particular theme may eventually lead to something that may embarrass the forum, there is no place in the Forum Rules where it states explicitly “all subjects SHALL relate directly to Thailand”. Neither is there an equivalent negative statement e.g. “subjects NOT apparently directly related to Thailand WILL BE banned”.

It’s a curious old world, isn’t it, where we have to rely on the Mods’ discretion?

Prefer it that way myself.

Edited by Thomas_Merton

This is a little digression from the thread, but you and....blah blah blah

Yes it always is a digression isn't it.

Anyway, i'd recommend any straight person reading this topic, located in THAILAND, to go for drinks in Silom 4 - its great fun, relaxed, not too campy and entertaining for all.

Would you rather I start every posting with "My Thai wife and I who own land and a farm, in Thailand, plus cattle, goats, sugar fields, peanut plantations and acres of chilli, together with our Thai family think..."?

Would that satisfy the Moog’s superiority complex all the way from Devon in the UK?

Edited by Thomas_Merton

Would you rather I start every postng with "My Thai wife and I who own land and a farm, in Thailand, plus cattle, goats, sugar fields, peanut plantations and acres of chile, togehter with our Thai family think..."?

Would that satisfy the Moogs superiority complex all the way from Devon in the UK?

Tom... you have a habit of taking threads :D

A lot of threads suddenly become all about you.... :o

totster :D

OOOooo...isn't flaming fun - makes you feel like a big boy all over again, doesn't it?

Now, let us see: I have written a total of 306 words directly under the theme, addressing the OP’s points. I have even replied to further comments by the OP precisely within the limitations of the subject.

The flamers, who seem to be complaining about deviation (not sexually, girls!) have on the other hand written, 1...2 er well I can't really be bothered, as it seems they have nothing to say but flame.

PS: The shorts were quite fruity - do you come here often?

Edited by Thomas_Merton

:oAnyways, being a teen in the 70's was probably a hellish experience if you weren't straight, maybe it's still difficult (?) hopefully it's getting better :D . I say this remembering back as a teen in the 70's. Never really gave a thought to the supposed gay issue but was fortunate to grow up with some of the best music ever made. Two top albums at the time (for most I would think), the one and only, immortal Freddie Mercury, Queen- 'Sheer Heart Attack' (was their present album at the time) and Elton John (er, Sir Elton) and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. I 'guess' we knew they were gay but no one gave a sh1t frankly. They were excellent, they had passion for their music, they were cool, full stop. Transcended all else, across the board. :D

I mean, can you possibly imagine two tough straight guys back when, arguing whether "Saturday Night's all right for fighting" , or " Tenament Funster" were "gay" songs??? But it went beyond that. Those 'tough songs' were the 'hook'. Then, you ended up also listening to Benny and the Jets, or May 39 and came away thinking, brilliant. Gay? No one gave a crap. Just loved the bands and the music. There's a message in there perhaps and maybe I figured it out long ago as most did (?). Some sadly never will, as Don Mclean so poignantly sang in "Vincent" or Rod Stewart alluded to in "Killing Of Georgie".

Last, before this topic is assuredly closed soon, thought I'd just say to 'the other team' (not meaning you Tom - not always about you mate;) thx for letting us barge into your forum and pls excuse any non-sense we may have created.

Yes, I think this thread has run it's course.

Kringle has had his usual dig, Thomas has got out of his depth (don't get me wrong, I sort of like T.Merton, though not in a gay way) - The Moog has made a fair point about that road in Patpong where I've had a couple of good nights out with friends yet there has been very little input from gay members who have written this off as a troll post in the same way that some have jumped to the assumption that I am a sponger, an idiot, or perhaps even...

The Gentleman's Camp. :D

I am whatever you say I am. :o

Would you rather I start every postng with "My Thai wife and I who own land and a farm, in Thailand, plus cattle, goats, sugar fields, peanut plantations and acres of chile, togehter with our Thai family think..."?

Would that satisfy the Moogs superiority complex all the way from Devon in the UK?

Yep...take a look over in "Bedlam" where Mr. Merton hijacked a perfectly normal thread into a Monty Python appreciation gig... :D

Edited by Boon Mee

Yep...take a look over in "Bedlam" where Mr. Merton hijacked a perfectly normal thread into a Monty Python appreciation gig... :D

Boon Mee, you are such a silly Billy, because you must know by now how much it boosts my ego every time someone flames me, especially when they quote out of context, irrelevant and quite honestly, minor developments in a thread that has now been spun at least two times around the world, since my posting (I was the OP BTW) with no foreseeable likelihood of returning to the subject of the thread, which was, as far as I can remember, “Introducing myself to this hallowed company”, in a private forum called Bedlam, reserved for those who achieve 500 postings on Thaivisa – a number easily managed if all do as you and other flamers do, post one liners.

BTW, did you know, putting your one liner about Mr. Merton in a thread and only including other quotes on or about the said Mr. Merton in a thread entitled “Gay for a Day” is, by any definition of the term, - yes, you guessed - hijacking a thread.

Back to the topic (PLEASE!).

Often, things are not what they seem to be. That very straight-acting man or woman you think you know fairly well, may not be straight. And it's probably none of your business, anyway.

There aren't just two opposite poles. Sexual preference is a long, broad spectrum.

Sexual preference/orientation/behavior is not 100% of life's existence. For many people with a definite preference, sex isn't 30%.

Very few gays are overly sensitive, but we are a misunderstood, persecuted minority. Therefore, on this issue, we get defensive, as straight people surely would if the tables were reversed.

A good way to think about this is to reverse the situation, or think what it would be like to walk for a day in a gay man's shoes (which probably wouldn't be high heels!).

Men who want to wear women's clothes may be straight. Most gay men don't wear women's clothes.

I hate Thai food, but I resist the urge to sabotage the forum on Thai food.

Y'all have a good day.

A good way to think about this is to reverse the situation, or think what it would be like to walk for a day in a gay man's shoes

Thats the original premis of this topic.

How about Campy goes and stays for 6 months at Thomas Merton's house.

TM has a pair of daughters who could help him negotiate the boundaries of his sexuality, and set him back on the straight and narrow.

Dunno how old the girls are, but Thomas is tolerant on this issue, and i'm sure he'd allow them to be enlisted for such a good cause :o

Back to the topic (PLEASE!).

Often, things are not what they seem to be.  That very straight-acting man or woman you think you know fairly well, may not be straight.  And it's probably none of your business, anyway.

There aren't just two opposite poles.  Sexual preference is a long, broad spectrum.

Sexual preference/orientation/behavior is not 100% of life's existence.  For many people with a definite preference, sex isn't 30%.

Very few gays are overly sensitive, but we are a misunderstood, persecuted minority.  Therefore, on this issue, we get defensive, as straight people surely would if the tables were reversed.

A good way to think about this is to reverse the situation, or think what it would be like to walk for a day in a gay man's shoes (which probably wouldn't be high heels!).

Men who want to wear women's clothes may be straight.  Most gay men don't wear women's clothes.

I hate Thai food, but I resist the urge to sabotage the forum on Thai food.

Y'all have a good day.

Very well put, Blondie. There seems to be more tolerance these days to "Gay" issues but, on the same token, we'll always have bigots.

A good way to think about this is to reverse the situation, or think what it would be like to walk for a day in a gay man's shoes

Thats the original premis of this topic.

How about Campy goes and stays for 6 months at Thomas Merton's house.

TM has a pair of daughters who could help him negotiate the boundaries of his sexuality, and set him back on the straight and narrow.

Dunno how old the girls are, but Thomas is tolerant on this issue, and i'm sure he'd allow them to be enlisted for such a good cause :o

At least the dear Scamp can still find it, which is more than we can say from someone who spends most of their time sublimating on any thread that is remotely sexual and apparently getting a stiffy flaming TM.

Hope this topic'll be closed soon. Not offended, just that the thread started as such an obvious troll that it's a bore. Prefer to keep riff-raff out of forum sections I like. Moog, you so often post intelligently it's a disappointment when you stoop to posts like these- and stop recommending that straights go to cool gay places; it'll spoil them! :o

"Steven"

I'm not going to close this thread... yet... i'm going to let it run for a little while longer and hopefully people will bring it back on course.

However, to all of those people who seem to enjoy fighting in this thread... be warned... i'm in the mood for dishing out holidays, anyone care to test me on that?

In other words, bring it back on topic and please gentlemen stop acting like children.

Gay nightlife areas have traditionally acted as magnets - as they appeal to a bohemian,- or metrosexual crowd - eventually they may become mainstream.

Happened in so many cities around the world.

Bangkok has never really had this crossover. Yet Bangkok cries out for a more eclectic bar scene.

Its either posh hotel bars, Patpong-ish areas, or places predominantly for Thais like RCA.

I don't think Silom 4 will start being infested by football supporters wandering over from Patpong...they're here for the go gos.

Another well kept secret is that very pretty straight girls are in the gay bars, often with their gay chums from artistic professions, enjoying a night out.

Scampy - justs wants to express have we ever wanted to walk in anothers shoes.

I've always had a crack at gay venues. Great clubs w/lovely people. My mate owns a Gay GoGo bar in Patters...its a bloody hoot especially the cabaret show.

Kissed a bloke Scampy? :o Well dont think I would have went that far matey.

I have never engaged in a homosexual act, yet there have been times when I have felt “Gay for a Day”.

I remember seeing “Performance” with James Fox, Mick Jagger, and Anita Pallenberg and actually wishing I could slide in between Mick and Anita on the screen.

And probably around the same time, crying with Dirk Bogarde in “Death in Venice” utterly convinced I also was in love with the boy Tadzio.

There have certainly been other instances, I have forgotten, or suppressed, that have become integrated into the yin and yang of my own sexuality.

Isn’t this what happens to everyone, regardless of whether they consider themselves homo or hetro sexual, inside us all are flashes of feelings that compel us to be Gay or hetro for a day?

And that the really sad fact is, denials of these feelings, can often be causal factors in many of the heart-rending cases of abuse we read about far too frequently.

Puritanism and sexual repression prevent open discussion on these subjects, resulting in, IMHO, unacceptable deviant behaviour from those who have no means to reconcile, justify and work out these feelings that the “norm” of society is telling them is wrong.

Edited by Thomas_Merton

On topic, if you're going to be gay for a day or for a long time, even as a lark or as an experiment, prepare yourself to be like the White man who painted his face black and became a Negro during the bad days in the South. You may not get bashed, although that's always literally, physically possible. But you will know that people HATE you just because you're naturally gay (even though in this act, you aren't naturally like that). Forget about going some of the places you normally go; they might not accept you. You might lose your job, or your next promotion. Your own mother might disown you.

It's not all positive. But at the end of the day or the experiment, you can go back to what they call 'normal.' Kind of like visiting Myanmar or North Korea, and then getting to leave because you have a foreign passport.