Would You Like Them?

thaigerd

Nope :) As a sausage maker myself, they look and sound disgusting!!

Sorry..........maybe after grilling they taste good but they sure do not look good in the picture.

I wish some Westerner would try to duplicate what Jimmie Dean did back in the USA.

How about a simple pork sausage with sage and molasses.

Gerd,

That is just my taste, i think the Thai market would love them. I guess it will all depend on the price, you could try and market them as kids sausages!! I know my kids would love them. Again this is just my opinion....

Thanks again!

I am open to any critics and other suggestions, that why I asked the question in my opening post.

May be in some years we are able to taste on the internet :)

Gerd

:) As a sausage maker, myself, I am keen to the idea of including cheese in a sausage recipe, not to keen on the bacon.

What I admire about you is that you try to make different, types of sausage, off the regular screen of most sausage makers,

Good luck and keep up the good work, you will eventually find the right combination.

Good Luck:

Gerd,

That is just my taste, i think the Thai market would love them. I guess it will all depend on the price, you could try and market them as kids sausages!! I know my kids would love them. Again this is just my opinion....

Seems like a good point.........I assumed the OP was targeting Westerners.

Is your main target Thais? If so, they may like it.

Naam.........Jimmie Dean sausage is great.......sage and molasses and, I forgot, some pepper flakes. It sells in America......huge business now.

There are other brands of Jimmie Dean sausage........check them out on the net.......I have never seen anything like it in Asia.

Just heard there is a place in Pattaya called, I think, MR. MOO. Apparently the owners makes Jimmie Dean like sausage.

Here are two pics of a popular sausage in Texas.....one shows you how to smoke it and the other shows it sliced with BBQ sauce on top (also shows sliced brisket):

post-99053-1268965995_thumb.jpg

post-99053-1268966010_thumb.jpg

I am not sure, but I think these are similar to Polish-type sausages (just look the recipe up).

I have never seen these sausages in Asia--but they are at almost every Smoked BBQ place in Texas.

These and the Jimmie Dean sausages would really sell here, I think.

Also do something for the Brits.......the love sausage.

And do something for the Germans......the love sausage perhaps more than the Brits.

Good luck.