Large Coke, No Ice Please.

tangcoral

^goodpoint, i will contact admin :D

its all part of a wind up, theres a few red shirters in the other thread getting a bit silly, so i thought i would flash their hero in front of them.....i can almost here the errections snapping :)

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The machine is set to fill it at that percent. Next if he did it again it would over flow. They say if u don’t want ice in your drink you are gay. Witch I think you are for posting this and waisting my time.

Are you OK?

:)

I don't think you should have raised your voice at an employee who was likely only doing what she was instructed to do by her manager.

Well I was a bit irked that the lady co-worker had to butt in and save the guys shocked looked which is understandable as thais dont experience much demands.

So it was directed towards the mean faced lady.

Were you speaking in English or Thai?

Have you considered that the guy's "shocked look" could have been due in part to you speaking in English....in a raised voice? Perhaps the "mean faced lady" had more of a command of the English language and that is why she 'butted in".

Your right. I was speaking English and didn't realize the circumstances.

I need to control this western habit of mine and respect the culture. :)

You don't need to "respect the culture" at all. All you need to do is simply apply "common respect" for your fellow man.

This culture thing is nothing but an excuse to get away with anything.

The machine is set to fill it at that percent. Next if he did it again it would over flow. They say if u don't want ice in your drink you are gay. Witch I think you are for posting this and waisting my time.

Are you OK?

LoL im A-OK!

But you know I’ve stopped drinking coke and Pepsi after learning from YouTube it’s the best way to unblock a toilet that doesn’t flush.

The machine is set to fill it at that percent. Next if he did it again it would over flow. They say if u don't want ice in your drink you are gay. Witch I think you are for posting this and waisting my time.

Oh really? No ice in my drink means I'm gay? Never heard of that one before/

Don't take it personally that you are stupid.

I dont take it personal

Sorry I am naive since I have no clue on gay culture.

Are you OK?

LoL im A-OK!

But you know I’ve stopped drinking coke and Pepsi after learning from YouTube it’s the best way to unblock a toilet that doesn’t flush.

You stick with it you'll be OK, Just hold on

:D

Sorry I am naive since I have no clue on gay culture.

Is that the only thing that you do not have a clue about? What about simple respect? It wasn't as if you were being charged extra because you are a "farang".

If I'd have served you, you would have got a full cup/glass of whatever...without the ice as per your request & at no extra charge.

Then again, I used to be a barman & I'm also a westerner. The reference to 'westerner' simply means that I am not only allowed to "think", I am required to "think".

For Thais, one must assume that their "indoctrination process", which begins at birth, does not promote "thinking" but promotes following rules/culture.

Edited by elkangorito

I always ask for No ice I dont get why they put the stuff in anyway they already chill the drinks right down to almost freeezing. I lied I know why they do it more profit!

There usually isnt a problem although occasionally Tesco at Seacon get a bit snotty with me asking to fill it right up with chocolate milk.

Raising ones voice and generally getting angry over something like that is a western habit? Yeh..well..maybe so, but not for all of us.

Personally I can see the point of the amount of coke that was given, even though goes against most peoples views here. Plus, i dunno how anyone could drink a full Large cup size of coke anyway. Just my opinion, not that its worth much!

And like I said:

If I'd have served you, you would have got a full cup/glass of whatever...without the ice as per your request & at no extra charge.

Then again, I used to be a barman & I'm also a westerner. The reference to 'westerner' simply means that I am not only allowed to "think", I am required to "think".

For Thais, one must assume that their "indoctrination process", which begins at birth, does not promote "thinking" but promotes following rules/culture.

Raising ones voice and generally getting angry over something like that is a western habit? Yeh..well..maybe so, but not for all of us.

Personally I can see the point of the amount of coke that was given, even though goes against most peoples views here. Plus, i dunno how anyone could drink a full Large cup size of coke anyway. Just my opinion, not that its worth much!

Large in thailand is more like a medium in the states.

Maybe your a regular here, but you sure dont make newcomers fell welcomed here. Posters like you redefines the word troll.

Edited by tangcoral

Ha Ha the OP souds like a mate iv got back home he does the same thing and his other trick is when shopping if he has to pay for a plastic bag he huffs and puffs about paying them to walk around town advertising thier shop ,,so he turns the bags inside out ,,,,,,colino

You've been away for a while, and you came back just to act like a complete asshol_e? :)

Personally I don't see the problem with raising your voice, like someone else mentioned, they will argue with you for HOURS, but the second you raise your voice like a hiso Thai you immediately get the service you paid for but are not receiving due to incompetence/laziness. Start off polite, when that fails, raise your voice. But don't go as far as the crazy old man smashing his cups in frustration and losing all his cola all over the floor.

Ha Ha the OP souds like a mate iv got back home he does the same thing and his other trick is when shopping if he has to pay for a plastic bag he huffs and puffs about paying them to walk around town advertising thier shop ,,so he turns the bags inside out ,,,,,,colino

Where the hel_l do they charge you for a plastic bag?!

Maybe your a regular here, but you sure dont make newcomers fell welcomed here. Posters like you redefines the word troll.

A-hole. :D

So what movie did you watch? Was it any good? Did you make a move on the lucky lady? :D Are you going to make half asian half thai babys? :):D

Where the hel_l do they charge you for a plastic bag?!

Back in the UK

Try going to Australia & asking for ice in your beer. Those who ask such are deemed as "fairies".

BTW, it's not whinny....it's whiney.

Aussie drink anything with alcohol in it then turns in to fairies , thanks for the educational grammar lesson Skippy.

Edited by RakJungTorlae