Thaksin Draws Comparison Between Abhisit And Hitler

webfact

:):D:D

Oh Boy this is the best of his quotes. Let me note it down. Will go in my collection of Funniest Quotes. I don't even have any reasonable statement to make on this one. Just not possible. I may not be the brightest but I am not that dumb either.

The comedy show just keeps getting better! First the blood show, now this verbal diarehhea. I can't wait what's in store next?

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone noticed that the more stupid stuff Thaksin says, the more the SET gains? Keep it up! lol

See, he is good for the economy. :)

You know this is a calculated move by Thaksin again! :D In order to recover some of his asset that was seized by the government, he probably was buying up a lot of SET stocks like AIS & THCOM (evidenced by the net positive foreign buying in the SET in the last couple of weeks). Then, as he knows, as soon as he opens his mouth, his credibility will sink but SET will gain...... What a ingenious way to make money :D His profit taking will be happening soon!!! :D

How can anyone deny that he is a convicted criminal? It is a matter of public record including exactly WHY he was convicted. Legitimacy isn't an issue either since the man himself said he trusted in the courts (before his lawyers' bakery scandal!) How could legitimacy be an issue? The only issue is why anyone would support a criminal like him!

your last question (i know it becomes circular now, but that is the way how the argument goes)

because for his supporters he isn't that criminal like you him want to paint, for them "Khun T is a hero, not a criminal"

I can't believe how some people can twist facts into something completely different, twist black into white.

The man committed numerous serious offences against the well established decades long laws of Thailand. In fact many of the cases involve breaking the most basic laws, about theft.

Will you agree to that? Yes or no please.

(edit:i tried to repair the "quotes" in your post)

dude, don't argue with me.

there are people out there that say: "Khun T is a hero, not a criminal"

these people exist. they are thaksin followers because they don't think of him or see him as a mega-criminal.#, but as a hero.

or in other words, they don't follow him because of his criminal activities.

if you ask: Why they follow that criminal? you will get the answer above. and you can ride on the the circle of argument one more time.

if you ask me if i personally agree with you, i must tell you that i cannot.

the line "committed numerous serious offences against the well established decades long laws of Thailand. In fact many of the cases involve breaking the most basic laws, about theft." is much too vague, to much generalised for me.

if i would say "yes, agree" some other member maybe say to me " okay, bring more facts. tell me at least 5 of these serious offences, 5 of the many cases whereby the laws Thaksin had offended are established since decades."

you know - i am not that great Thaksin expert to know that and could not provide such details. so i carefully not agree with everything that i read somewhere in the internet.

What Thaksin apologists really want to say is that they think he is still a hero, but now because he is in some sort of mental difficulty, they have to hide behind some others.

Unfortunately for the apologists, the crowds are drifting away and only the amusement remains.

It has been a GREAT weekend.

^Well convicted is correct technically - whether its valid or not is up to debate. :)

Of course you question it because he happened to be found guilty. The only verdict you will accept regarding Thaksin is "innocent".

Bet you had no complaints with the assets concealment case, did you?

these people exist. they are thaksin followers because they don't think of him or see him as a mega-criminal.#, but as a hero.

if you ask: Why they follow that criminal? you will get the answer above. and you can ride on the the circle of argument one more time.

the line "committed numerous serious offences against the well established decades long laws of Thailand. In fact many of the cases involve breaking the most basic laws, about theft." is much too vague, to much generalised for me.

if i would say "yes, agree" some other member maybe say to me " okay, bring more facts. tell me at least 5 of these serious offences, 5 of the many cases whereby the laws Thaksin had offended are established since decades."

you know - i am not that great Thaksin expert to know that and could not provide such details. so i carefully not agree with everything that i read somewhere in the internet.

What Thaksin apologists really want to say is that they think he is still a hero, but now because he is in some sort of mental difficulty, they have to hide behind some others.

Unfortunately for the apologists, the crowds are drifting away and only the amusement remains.

It has been a GREAT weekend.

Yes i've noticed that too. Members who once spoke in the first person about how great Thaksin is have suddenly switched to using the third person. Take a look at mazeltov's posting history from just a week or so back and you'll see what i mean.

How can anyone deny that he is a convicted criminal? It is a matter of public record including exactly WHY he was convicted. Legitimacy isn't an issue either since the man himself said he trusted in the courts (before his lawyers' bakery scandal!) How could legitimacy be an issue? The only issue is why anyone would support a criminal like him!

your last question (i know it becomes circular now, but that is the way how the argument goes)

because for his supporters he isn't that criminal like you him want to paint, for them "Khun T is a hero, not a criminal"

I can't believe how some people can twist facts into something completely different, twist black into white.

The man committed numerous serious offences against the well established decades long laws of Thailand. In fact many of the cases involve breaking the most basic laws, about theft.

Will you agree to that? Yes or no please.

Obsfucation, lacking a point.

During WW2, the Japanese demaned for access through Thailand for it's forces to invade countries such as Burma and Malaya. Under pressure from Japan and because it was in no position to fight with the Japanese force,the Thai government declared war on Britain and the United States. However,the Thai ambassador in Washington, Seni Pramoj, and Pridi panomyoung, the senior statesman, refused to deliver the declaration to the United States government. They were conservative aristocrats whose antiJapanese credentials were well established. Hence, the Free Thai Movement was organised, recruiting Thai students in the United States to work with the United States Office of Strategic Services (OSS). The OSS trained Thai personnel for underground activities, and units were readied to infiltrate Thailand. From the office of the regent in Thailand, Pridi ran a clandestine movement that by the end of the war had with Allied aid armed more than 50,000 Thai to resist the Japanese.With the end of the war and the Japanese surrender, the Seri Thai-dominated government immediately acted to "restore the pre-war status quo". As regent, Pridi termed "the declaration of war illegal and null, and void, and repudiated all agreements made with Japan by the formal government".

Right ...

Sorry by "forcibly" my understanding was "with a fight" . There was no fighting . Simple misunderstanding .

Yes they declared war on US and UK on 25 January 1942 .

Later when the Japs started to loose they switched allegiance . Like the MPs in the thai parliament it would seem

There was about 2 days of token fighting and then a surrender with a little face saved.

Occupation, subjugation and finally an underground,

this is the only time Siam was not completely free in it's history

other than the occasional short term border fights with neighbors.

Quite a bizarre outburst. Im sure any campaigners for true democracy would be critical of it.

Edited to add: There is also a certain irony in it if one is to beleive runours of who is gay and who isnt. Then again bringing sexaulity into things is a low place to go

ohh yeah, the irony. you just did it.

and there are a couple of post here where people not hesitate to feed such rumours. how brave.

of course it is low.

Hammered makes a perfectly logical comment and didn't start the theme.

The real irony is your repeated nudniks bupkis.

1_1.jpg

I hope Oak doesn't judge his father's negative connotations regarding homosexuals too harshly.

:):D :D :D GOLD!

Thaksin just verified Godwin's law! Sure sign of someone who's run out of arguments and wants to shut down a debate into pointless trolling. And does homosexual really have a bad connotation in Thailand? I though the culture was among the most tolerant of such things. Also evoking Hitler probably wouldn't resonate as much with your average Isaan dude as it does with Western people.

All in all, it looks like Thaksin's pretty out of touch with his home country, and the way the Red Shirt protests are headed. His speeches are weak, and his relevance to Thai politics dropping fast. I hope the current Red Shirt leadership dissociates from him quickly. The problem though he's that he's been the one unifying force in the movement. When you look at the Red Shirt leaders, their ideologies are often wildly discordant. Without him, they might dissolve into bickering factions as they were before 2001.

More importantly perhaps, a lot of the Puea Thai's financial backers have jumped ship with Newin (CP group, King Power...). Thaksin's basically the only one left, which is why they can't turn their back on him, no matter how senile he sounds.

1_1.jpg

I hope Oak doesn't judge his father's negative connotations regarding homosexuals too harshly.

:):D :D :D GOLD!

Thaksin just verified Godwin's law! Sure sign of someone who's run out of arguments and wants to shut down a debate into pointless trolling. And does homosexual really have a bad connotation in Thailand? I though the culture was among the most tolerant of such things. Also evoking Hitler probably wouldn't resonate as much with your average Isaan dude as it does with Western people.

All in all, it looks like Thaksin's pretty out of touch with his home country, and the way the Red Shirt protests are headed. His speeches are weak, and his relevance to Thai politics dropping fast. I hope the current Red Shirt leadership dissociates from him quickly. The problem though he's that he's been the one unifying force in the movement. When you look at the Red Shirt leaders, their ideologies are often wildly discordant. Without him, they might dissolve into bickering factions as they were before 2001.

More importantly perhaps, a lot of the Puea Thai's financial backers have jumped ship with Newin (CP group, King Power...). Thaksin's basically the only one left, which is why they can't turn their back on him, no matter how senile he sounds.

Is there a psychologist on this board who can give us a truly rational analysis of this seemingly irrational man?

In his speech to the Red Shirt protesters, the fugitive former prime minister claimed that Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has some psychological condition similar to Adolf Hitler's.

Thaksin added that just like the German schizophrenic dictator, Abhisit does not like to talk alone, has problems controlling his ambitions, and violent tendencies.

Thaksin also said that Abhisit is surrounded by homosexuals with emotional problems.

I can't say this suprises me any ... :)

Isn't it amazing that Thaksin can make allegations and assumptions and say them out loud, but if someone else does they better have proof. Where is your proof in any of this one Thaksin?
In the same place that the facts from this Gov't accusorial of the corruption of Thaksin are located. Find them, Sir :)

[

True, It's called Emotional Intelligence: emotional balance and emotional self control, repect for the emotional needs of others.

Truly great leaders have it: Nelson Mandela is one of the best ever examples.

Mandela was a murderer and terrorist. How he can be called a respected leader is like calling Gengis Kan a missionary. The Thai's are fighting for democracy end of story.

He's lost the pink vote then.

i wonder if many people he is talking to actually know who Hitler was and that Thailand was on his side anyway.

Check your history -- Thailand was not on Germany's side nor Japan's. It was forcibly occupied by the Japanese.

Not quite exactly . Occupied by the japs WITHOUT a fight . And after that Thailand (it was called Siam then) declared war on the US and the UK and if my memory serves me well invaded french Indochina (current Laos , Cambodia ,Vietnam )

I stayed on the RTAF-airbase at Prachuap Khiri Khan a few years back, and saw their small museum, which commemorates the Thai-airmen/soldiers who died there resisting the Japanese seaborne-attack to capture the base. They apparently managed to put up a fight for a little over 24 hours, until ammunition ran low, when they were forced to surrender.

Also I believe the Thai ambassador to the US refused to deliver the declaration of war, when instructed by his government, and thus after the war ended the USA argued to their Allies that Thailand should not be treated as an aggressor-country ? Wonderful Thai diplomatic steps there ! Whatever it is good that the war ended when it did, as a major allied-landing in Malaysia was being planned, following the Burma campaign, and they would then have pushed north through Thailand, with inevitable heavy-casualties & damage to the country.

Hopefully Thaksin is aware of Thailand's history in these times, having been educated at a good Thai college in Chiang Mai, and therefore knows who Hitler was, and the full horrors involved. But comparing PM-Abhisit to Hitler is just so totally over-the-top, he must surely have spoken without thinking, or been distraught at having his 30 Billion Baht returned ? :)

True, It's called Emotional Intelligence: emotional balance and emotional self control, repect for the emotional needs of others.

Truly great leaders have it: Nelson Mandela is one of the best ever examples.

Mandela was a murderer and terrorist. How he can be called a respected leader is like calling Gengis Kan a missionary. The Thai's are fighting for democracy end of story.

Fighting for Democracy? Sorry, that;s just words/

Democracy does not mean:

1. Buying Votes

2. Disregarding the law

3. Accepting cash to demonstrate

4. \burning fields to such an extent that people in T's heartlands suffer respiratory illnesses and worse

5. Ordering extra judicial killings of so-called drug dealers

6. Running a cabinet as a one-man band

7. Using the country's coffers as a personal bank account

It does mean:

1. Respecting the right of voters to vote in secrecy without fear or favour

2. Respecting the rule of law (This should be number one in any democracy)

3. Living your life with regard to the well-being of others

4. Treating all people as innocent until proven guilty

5. Leading and working WITH a team - not dictating terms

6. Actively campaigning against corruption

I personally think Thaksin is as democratic as Hitler, Sadam Hussein, the Marcos and the rest of the world's leading despots. Abhisit, on the other hand, is a true democrat who has been personally elected to serve as an MP (something Thaksin never personally achieved). The current Government is probably the best Thailand has had and deserves its chance to put new thinking, new attitudes and its campaign against corruption in place. For Thaksin to compare Abihist to Hitler is so monstrous that it is just a million steps too far. Abhist is waging a personal war against corruption and to do so in the face of such massive opposition, even from his own people, just shows the measure of the man who does not appear to be cowed by the anti-democratic runaway criminal.

Thaksin also said that Abhisit is surrounded by homosexuals with emotional problems

Here in Thailand it is almost impossible not to be, after all that's what ladyboys are, as are their 'male' partners.

good point. Indeed, katoy (ladyboys) are becoming more prevalent week by week. In earlier years, it may have been 6%. Today, close to 12% of Thai boys have become excessively effeminate. A decade from now, it could be a quarter to a third of all Thai men & boys are mud packing katoy. If that's ok with you, then so be it. It irks me, though.

1_1.jpg

Thaksin just verified Godwin's law! Sure sign of someone who's run out of arguments and wants to shut down a debate into pointless trolling. And does homosexual really have a bad connotation in Thailand? I though the culture was among the most tolerant of such things. Also evoking Hitler probably wouldn't resonate as much with your average Isaan dude as it does with Western people. All in all, it looks like Thaksin's pretty out of touch with his home country, and the way the Red Shirt protests are headed. His speeches are weak, and his relevance to Thai politics dropping fast. I hope the current Red Shirt leadership dissociates from him quickly. The problem though he's that he's been the one unifying force in the movement. When you look at the Red Shirt leaders, their ideologies are often wildly discordant. Without him, they might dissolve into bickering factions as they were before 2001. More importantly perhaps, a lot of the Puea Thai's financial backers have jumped ship with Newin (CP group, King Power...). Thaksin's basically the only one left, which is why they can't turn their back on him, no matter how senile he sounds.

Well said Zolt (responding to Zirc, what is this, a forum for beings from outer space?).

I think Thaksin is letting off some steam with his silly comments. ....and it's not such a bad thing. He's probably trying to inject humor in to the public arena, and he got some chuckles from the crowd, so be it.

I'm a Takki basher from before he was elected PM, but give the guy some slack. He just lost a bazillion baht and his power seat. He's still sitting on billions, but he chose to toss some flaming pitchforks at his opposition (which lost their fire, and fell short of their target). No big deal.

^Well convicted is correct technically - whether its valid or not is up to debate. :)

Of course you question it because he happened to be found guilty. The only verdict you will accept regarding Thaksin is "innocent".

Bet you had no complaints with the assets concealment case, did you?

Thaksin's cronies play this little game often and totally ignore Thaksin's comments about the courts and their validity that Thaksin has made before his recent court cases. Thaksin says he trusts the courts and will abide by the verdicts. His lawyers get caught dropping off some bakery products (2 mil baht in cash) and he gets convicted but not before running away.

He's such a coward.

Fighting for Democracy? Sorry, that;s just words/

Democracy does not mean:

1. Buying Votes

2. Disregarding the law

3. Accepting cash to demonstrate

4. \burning fields to such an extent that people in T's heartlands suffer respiratory illnesses and worse

5. Ordering extra judicial killings of so-called drug dealers

6. Running a cabinet as a one-man band

7. Using the country's coffers as a personal bank account

i heard all the other points before, but the burning fields argument is something new.

Back to common sense...

much of the protest is not about Thaksin nor about a lot of the other nonsense (I am against blood protests and any correlation of Abhisit to Hitler OR Mother Theresa!).

Many are angry about the lack of mandate of this government - they are not Thaksin apologists nor particularly red shirted loonies – let's not lose any semblance of why many are frustrated in all the gleeful ‘noise’ about the ex-PMs state of mind. Most people think he was good and bad - no one thinks he's a saint and he may well be on the way out - but all this blood-lettting (forgive the pun) leave a little bad taste in my mouth as it's not about black versus white, good guys versus bad, good versus evil.

Back to common sense...

much of the protest is not about Thaksin nor about a lot of the other nonsense (I am against blood protests and any correlation of Abhisit to Hitler OR Mother Theresa!).

Many are angry about the lack of mandate of this government - they are not Thaksin apologists nor particularly red shirted loonies – let's not lose any semblance of why many are frustrated in all the gleeful 'noise' about the ex-PMs state of mind. Most people think he was good and bad - no one thinks he's a saint and he may well be on the way out - but all this blood-lettting (forgive the pun) leave a little bad taste in my mouth as it's not about black versus white, good guys versus bad, good versus evil.

This protest is ALL about Thaksin, hence the call-ins and the funding and the promises by Red leadership that Thaksin will get all his money back etc. It would be convenient for the reds on this board to be able to deny that it is about Thaksin but any observer (even the casual observer) can see the Thaksin pictures, the "Thaksin is my Hero" banners, the Thaksin call-ins, and the results of Thaksin funding.

Anyone that speaks Thai (and many that can't) can hear the Thaksin name mentioned over and over from the Red podiums etc etc etc

So contrary to the apologists on this forums trying to distance themselves from Thaksin --- it IS pretty black and white!

Back to common sense...

much of the protest is not about Thaksin

You say "back to common sense" and then trot out the nonsense about much of the protest not being about Thaksin. I know it's what you and many other of the pro-red members of this forum would like to believe, but it's simply not true. Stop fooling yourselves, because the rest of us aren't.

Yes, the followers of the reds have genuine grievances that should be addressed (as do a lot of other Thais who aren't red by the way), but those who are in charge of the reds, those who are funding it, those who are giving the orders, are not driven by anything other than money and power. Red followers are being shamelessly used.

Back to common sense...

You say "back to common sense" and then trot out the nonsense about much of the protest not being about Thaksin. I know it's what you and many other of the pro-red members of this forum would like to believe, but it's simply not true. Stop fooling yourselves, because the rest of us aren't.

Yes, the followers of the reds have genuine grievances that should be addressed (as do a lot of other Thais who aren't red by the way), but those who are in charge of the reds, those who are funding it, those who are giving the orders, are not driven by anything other than money and power. Red followers are being shamelessly used.

you contradict yourself - you say i trot out nonsense about much of the protest not being about Thaksin then you say reds have genuine grievances... so thanks for supporting my line of arguement :) appreciate your honest and integrity

Hi.

The only reason why Thaksin divorced from his wife is to save his own money. Because, as they are divorced, money in HER bank account can't be confiscated as being HIS money. Of course they are still together - or why does she leave the country as soon as he tells her to do so? The divorce is only on paper, that is quite obvious. And just as obvious that he still has full access to all of his money which is parked in her accounts.

Thaksin respectively the red shirts have insulted gays before - wasn't it a certain red shirt group that threatened violence in order to stop a fully legal, registered and permitted gay parade in Chiang Mai? And wasn't it a certain red shirt leader (female if i remember correctly) who, just like her apparent idol, the mad man from Teheran, stated "there are no gays in Chiang Mai" and then, after quite some media fuss, back-pedaled and instead stated "being gay is against Thai culture"..?

Gays should come out in force, after all what's good for the goose is good for the gander - if the reds stop a gay parade and then have the guts to take to the streets themselves, who stops the gays from forming their own protest march AGAINST the reds? Intelligence, that's what stops them - and the general rather gentle nature of gays.

I know because i am one of them.

Best regards.....

Thanh

PS rainbow shirts..... should i trademark that..? For a new political group..........

PS PS The post i was answering to has been removed......... true, Thaksin has a real name.

Edited by Thanh-BKK

you contradict yourself - you say i trot out nonsense about much of the protest not being about Thaksin then you say reds have genuine grievances... so thanks for supporting my line of arguement :) appreciate your honest and integrity

The red followers do (have genuine grievances), the red leaders don't. The red followers are not the ones running the show. They are not the ones setting the goals. They are simply the pawns.

No contradiction, just your failing to see a distinction that i already made clear.

Back to common sense...

Is it possible that you don't understand what you read? The Protest is about Thaksin not about the reds. The Reds have legitimate grievances but that is not what the protests are about.

Tahn -- actually the courts ruled against assets that Thaksin hid in other names but controlled. They thought they could escape those consequences with the divorce but it failed.