What Visa Type?

I am Swiss, 32, not married, not working, staying in SE-Asia for 2.5 years already on long holidays. I didnt bother that much about Thai Visa Rules as I was constantly travelling (Philippines, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia).

I am currently on my 3rd extended single entry Tourist Visa within a year (all from Phnom Penh, 1st one April 2009 and extended for 30days, 2nd one September and extended for 30 days, 3rd one from January 2010 and extended for 30days until 7. April 2010).

Now planning to stay in Thailand for a longer period of time (+1 year), I am looking into the different visa options.

- Is there any way I could get a Non Immigrant Visa, either in a neighbouring country or back home in Europe? (32yrs old, not working, not married)

As I read in some posts, I might get declined at Penang for a Tourist visa, therefore considering Vientiane for a double entry Tourist Visa or Phnom Penh for single entry Tourist Visa.

Any help is appreciated.

Education Visa might be an option if you do take the whatever the courses might be.

Others with much more experience can chime in here, but if returning home is feasible option it might be easier to get a double entry tourist visa that way which you could extend out almost 6 months using 60 day stamp plus extension and then entering for second time just before visa expired.

If you intend to stay here for a year I suggest that you learn the language, therefore and Education visa would allow you 6 months or a year. The school will do all the paperwork for the Thai Embassy where every you are. That way you do not have to leave and come back. My atitude is if your going to be in Thailand then you owe it to yourself and to the Thai people to learn some of their language.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Perth is likely the closest place to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa and would require letter from a Thai and copy of there ID card for issue

-> This visa is based on visiting someone and the letter would be an invitational letter? Is there a form for the letter? What should be included? Any copies of bank account statements? Further info?

Thanks.

That is it - copy of ID card and a note asking for the visa to be issued should be all that is required as long as you have the money for visa and normal ability to pay for your stay (proof of 20k baht available if asked).