Lee Of Nois Bar Dead

Thaifan2

>>^may have is the key. It should be quite easy to find out if witnesses were about, not to mention does said lady have a german bf?

German boyfriend ? if you know more about it i hope you inform the police .

^don't know either, just speculating from the Pattaya One article. It should be very easy to find out if a switch between the drivers did occur by just gathering a little information from the witnesses and doing a background check on the thai bird. But we all know how lazy the BIB can be. :)

Edited by britmaveric

I am suprised that he was not wearing a helmet.

You're joking, right?

I did not really see more farangs wearing helmets than Thais.

And I, for one, would like the Thai police to be far more concerned about this matter.

And Lee should have known better.

Too late anyway, we will never know whether it would have saved his life. But it sure would have made the odds better...

Edited by eurasianthai

Although a helmet would not have prevented a broken neck I am suprised that he was not wearing a helmet. That a fortuner is involved in an accident does not suprise me.

well, i didn't want to be the first to say it, but I have a real hang up with Fortunas ..... big stupid 'tank' like vehicles with owners to match... RIP to Lee and God Bless, who knows, maybe the next life is better than Patts ??

big stupid 'tank' like vehicles with owners to match...

Sure, but if you do not wear a helmet and hit a Toyota Vios, even at low speed, chances are you'll break your neck also.

Sometimes, in Thailand, farangs get too "local" for their own good.

According to at least one of the media reports mentioned, the presumed Thai lady driver admitted to attempting to overtake a slower vehicle and that this was the cause of the accident, i.e., that she had entered into the right-of-way of oncoming traffic and caused the accident and death of the motorbike rider.

If this turns out to be correct, it seems pretty much like an open and shut case of vehicular manslaughter. What's the penalty for that in LOS?

Everyone is very upset over this tragic death and feelings are running very high, but please keep it respectful.

Also no flaming of fellow members please.

big stupid 'tank' like vehicles with owners to match...

Sure, but if you do not wear a helmet and hit a Toyota Vios, even at low speed, chances are you'll break your neck also.

Sometimes, in Thailand, farangs get too "local" for their own good.

I think in this case it would have made no difference if he wore a helmet or not. It was his neck that broke, not his skull.

The thing is SUV drivers (whether Fortuners or generic pickups) are famous for being inconsiderate drivers. It's not necessarily that they're bad people but once they get up in their SUV they seem to get that feeling of "I'm big and invincible and everybody better get out of my way". Was it GM or Ford who released a survey from their own customers proving this. A Toyota Vios driver would probably have waited until Lee had passed. Have endless encounters myself as a bike driver against SUV drivers.

Edited by Phil Conners

My regards to Lee's family.

The main streets of the darkside are in bad need of improvement with all the increased traffic. The main roads need better lane markings, regulated parking and better street lighting. I don't like driving a car on them at night, and a bike is even more scary. Accidents like this happen all over the world, but it's high time the city stopped trying to beautify the medial strip of Sukhumvit (the median might be attractive, but the run-down shops and buildings on the sides of the road will always be an eyesore), and do something to improve road safety.

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

Hope the German guy who is responsible for Lee's dead is dealt with correctly - apparently the German is trying to bribe his way out.........................

Actually it was a thai lady driving a fortuner - Miss Somjai Jaithad.

Regardless hope the lad rests in peace. :D

So... ******************************

Pattaya Daily News isn't Howard? He run's Pattaya One News. BTW not nice calling Howard Jabba. :)

Lee was only 50 yards from his bar, where I believe he lived, he was on the right side of the road, the SUV was overtaking, and Lee was killed on HIS side of the road.

I drive down this road all the time, and the SUV will overtake me as if they are invincible, I have been driving in Thailand for 5 years now, and just let it be, I just do not drive fast, I am always checking my mirror, I can see when an car/SUV is driving fast, so I just get out of the way.

The traffic down this soi has multiplied by over a 1000% since the so called bypass by the railway tracks. A complete mess up in my opinion, and with the the seven just about to open, I am waiting to see what effect that it will have, seems to me it will generate more traffic around Pattaya, will relieve it around the surrounding areas.

I cannot understand where this traffic is coming from, but soi watpomsampan/khow noi, is one very dangerous road , very poor lighting no road markings

I echo again RIP Lee, you will surely missed.

According to at least one of the media reports mentioned, the presumed Thai lady driver admitted to attempting to overtake a slower vehicle and that this was the cause of the accident, i.e., that she had entered into the right-of-way of oncoming traffic and caused the accident and death of the motorbike rider.

If this turns out to be correct, it seems pretty much like an open and shut case of vehicular manslaughter. What's the penalty for that in LOS?

How much money you have???, and that really hurts me to say that

Just to clarify, the statement about the possibility of a foreign man actually driving the car comes from people on internet chat forums. It is not about believing me, it is about believing what these people have said on chat forums. I decided to include it in the report as it may be relevant to the incident.

Great , great shame. In his company in the past, cheerful, genuine nice guy.

Tight roads, pot-holes, darkness, bars and poor driving will be the curse of the darkside and sadly lead to such tragedy unless the locals themselves through who they elect to represent them, get a grip.

Sick and tired of TIT mentality, love the place to bits but keep my family away from certain roads at night due to the sheer madness which is going on and must stop before other " nice guys" bite the dust.

RIP.

RIP Lee, I didn't knew you but always sad when a young man dies so tragic, and from reading many posters here well liked too.

Most death on bikes here happens after dark and I consider myself as a very experienced big bike rider, but I simply don't have the nerves do drive (bike) after sunset anymore. Again and again do I read about accidents with tragic outcome, mostly " in early hours on the xx" and so on, very scary indeed.

Please drive carefully out there, it's a jungle where the biggest survive.

Never met the man, but from what I have read, he was a winner. Way too many scooter accidents here. Not worth taking the risk. I was on that soi yesterday, not far from his business. Had a heck of a time just crossing the road on foot. Can't imagine driving a scooter on it at night.

RIP Lee...seems you will be dearly missed.

The Thai Visa Friday group used to drink there from time to time. We always had a great time and Lee was a fantastic host.

Always had a smile and a sense of humour.

Will miss him...so Lee, Rest in Peace.

My heart goes out to his family.

begs

Edited by begsaresponse

The thing is SUV drivers (whether Fortuners or generic pickups) are famous for being inconsiderate drivers. It's not necessarily that they're bad people but once they get up in their SUV they seem to get that feeling of "I'm big and invincible and everybody better get out of my way". Was it GM or Ford who released a survey from their own customers proving this. A Toyota Vios driver would probably have waited until Lee had passed. Have endless encounters myself as a bike driver against SUV drivers.

It is more than "inconsiderate", it is offensive to the nth degree and a complete disregard for the safety and well being of others. I cannot count the number of time I have been forced to the side or off the road by an oncoming SUV or truck that was passing a slow moving car or bike and knew without question I was coming and expected me to get out of his way. One guy in a black Mitsubishi even flashed his lights at me as a warning so there is no question that he knew I was there and too close for him to come into my lane to pass. I had no choice but to move over or to be hurt seriously or killed -- the driver obviously assumed that I would. Your life here in Thailand requires that you slow down and drive defensively, always, just to protect yourself from the arrogant, mindless drivers in their steel tanks. And frankly, to the point of who was driving the Fortuner, this behavior is more of a "guy thing" than a "chick thing", I think. And when they kill people, they ARE "bad people". But no matter what happens now and to who, it won't bring the victim back -- that is the real shame. Everyone in Thailand needs to drive (car or bike) like everyone else on the road is a lunatic, and in 80% of the cases you will be right! Your life depends on it!