A Good Government School In Pattaya ?

bow

I'm trying to help a guy to find a school for his daughter. She is starting in Prathom 1 in May. They live in South Pattaya.

This guy has very little money, an international school or a private school in out of the question. Even the English programme in an ordinary gov. school might be difficult. So, we are looking at the regular programme in a normal gov. school, preferably in South Pattaya.

Does anybody know of a gov school that is less bad than the other ones ?

Ask Thai people ? Yes, I will do that too. But it is sometimes interesting to look at a question from a farang point of view. Secondly, I sometimes trust the Thaivisa forum more than a whole baht bus full of Thais.

Can't this guy do this himself ? The short answer is "no".

Edited by bow

The guy you are trying to help is obviously yourself (why do people ask questions for ghostly friends), so you'll get better answers by just saying---Hey I'm on a budget, but want the best education for my child, can you help with government school ideas. You'll get better answers for sure. try it.

The guy you are trying to help is obviously yourself (why do people ask questions for ghostly friends), so you'll get better answers by just saying---Hey I'm on a budget, but want the best education for my child, can you help with government school ideas. You'll get better answers for sure. try it.

Whatever!! But some help would be useful

Look at Aksorn Pattaya. It is between Theprasit and Pattaya Tai and is a Thai "private" school. I don't know how the prices compare to a government school, but I work there as an English teacher for Mathayom and the Prathom teachers are VERY good. The prices seem reasonable compared to another school I taught at before.

They are also starting to have more emphasis on English with a program which offers Math, English and Science taught in English.

I live in Uthai Thani provice. The obvious answer is not always the correct one.

AFAIN all Pattayan gvt schools do have English teachers and Pattaya School #8 or 9 (Wat Chai Mongkol School) has a real English program.

Quality of the schools is centrally controlled by Pattaya City Hall and is rather similar.

Just pick the most convenient location, a lot depends on the well being of your friend's child, rather than quality.

Such a weird response.