"snap Traps" For House Mice.

wildpikey

The things I see my family use is the sticky mouse trap pads. I dont remember seeing if they had actual mouse traps that Westerns are use to.

But the sticky pad works really well. Its just this square pad with some very sticky substance on it. Place it in a high traffic mouse area and wait. What my aunt does is place a cookie or something in the very middle. That way to mice try to get to the cookie and step on the pad and get stuck. Then you depose of them anyway you want. >_>;

And you can wait till there are a lot of mice on it before deposing them. And if the pad is still sticky, it can be reused again for a day or two. I wouldnt go past 2 days, cause dust and such will also stick to the pad and start to make it unsticky.

You can get the sticky pad at places like Carrefour and Tesco. Its in the house supply are in Carrefour. Where they sell detergent and house room spray and sell hangers and such. Near there. Also maybe Carrefour has your snap trap. I dont remember seeing it, but I wasnt looking for mouse trap things, so I might have glanced at it and not remembered.

last resort could be... get a non lazy Thai cat. :)

Edited by Yunnie

I just bought some of the Thai style rat traps because I could not find the ones I used back in the USA. On the instructions it recommends mackerel, pork, or dried shrimp as bait! Thai rats have bad taste so it seems. We used cheese back in the states. :)

peanut butter seems to work as bait

I just bought some of the Thai style rat traps because I could not find the ones I used back in the USA. On the instructions it recommends mackerel, pork, or dried shrimp as bait! Thai rats have bad taste so it seems. We used cheese back in the states. :)

peanut butter seems to work as bait

I had forgotten about peanut butter. You are right. It works great.

Peanut butter for me as well ,, no matter if it's smooth or crunchy ,, the problem for me is l like it as much as the mice do ,, so l went back to cheese (crappy cheddar,, it's the only thing its good for) ,,,, the sticky mats l think are a bit cruel , and l have had them stuck on my feet , hands ,, the kids have had them stuck on just about every part of their body(you know how inquisitive Thai kids are , they want to see just how sticky they are) ,,, so too much hassle ,,,,,, go the big traps they will kill large and small , but check them daily ,,, the rodent starts to smell going into the second day ,,,,,,

cheers

egg

Great Traps the sticky ones, but only problem the mice get the message and dont go on them after the fisrt or second time. I know I still have mice, clever little buggers

Er? they only need to step on them the once. They don't get off again. Or are you suggesting they leave little signs for the other mice saying eek! don't step on here?

Patong's point raises an interesting question. Thai's seem to prefer the sticky glue, probably so that they couldn't be accused of directly killing a living creature but thus condemn the poor buggers to a lingering death. In Uk, we kill thim directly but quickly using the snap mouse trap the OP is searching for; which makes us animal murderers, but kind of humane ones. Which cultural approach is right?

Great Traps the sticky ones, but only problem the mice get the message and dont go on them after the fisrt or second time. I know I still have mice, clever little buggers

Er? they only need to step on them the once. They don't get off again. Or are you suggesting they leave little signs for the other mice saying eek! don't step on here?

Patong's point raises an interesting question. Thai's seem to prefer the sticky glue, probably so that they couldn't be accused of directly killing a living creature but thus condemn the poor buggers to a lingering death. In Uk, we kill thim directly but quickly using the snap mouse trap the OP is searching for; which makes us animal murderers, but kind of humane ones. Which cultural approach is right?

Who knows... we'll find out in the next life. :D Personally I dont care what method as long as they are out of my house. But I prefer a cat overall. Feral cats are always the best. :D

My aunt usually removes the mice from the pad the moment they get stuck and starts squeaking (unless its over night, then it just has to wait till morning or when they wake her up). They are still alive. Plastic bags them and she or her son gets rid of them. Usually involves direct death at their hands.

As for the "cant be accuse of directly killing them" I dunno, in Buddhism its part of karma. There was the intention of catching and killing mouse to began with by placing the sticky pad on the floor (either by killing it yourself or letting it die on the pad). So it can be argued that they stilled killed it directly with that action. Its always the intention behind the action. thats just my basic interpretation. :)