Sending Cash By Dhl, Fedex Ect.

I have to pay a bill in a foreign country. I cannot send the money by Telegraphic Transfer and it's too costly to go in person to pay.

As a last resort I was considering placing the cash (about 700US$) in an envelope and sending by DHL, FedEx or similar.

I don't think the courier companies actualy allow this but if it's placed in a sealed envelope and recorded as documents might that work?Does anyone have any info on this?

Cheers

Why can't you send via SWIFT? You can do what is known as PUPID (Pay Upon Proper ID) if the person does not have a bank account. Send them money to a bank locally to them, the bank will call them, they go in, show ID, and get the money.

Done worldwide.

Good luck.

Of course WESTERN UNION is an option but they are certainly not cheap!

Fees at both ends (origin and destination) and a lousy exchange rate.

I would never use them unless it is an absolute emergency and costs are not a factor.

opalhort

Of course WESTERN UNION is an option but they are certainly not cheap!

Fees at both ends (origin and destination) and a lousy exchange rate.

I would never use them unless it is an absolute emergency and costs are not a factor.

opalhort

on 700 $ transfer you may calculate 500 Bath but is safe. If somebody have frequently send money abroad to the same destination best is you open here any bankaccount and you get a visa electronic card. YOu send to your partner and with he can take from ATM around the world not more as you put on. To refill account is easy too. With this low fess and safest way :)

Edited by thaibear1

I would do it. (send cash)

I have sent over 20 packages from here to the USA and all but one has gotten there safe.

I would put it in with something else though and don't mention that it is in there. (maybe clothes?)

I would use the Thai postal service (EMS) or UPS as they are the ones i have used in the past with success.

Good luck. I realize it's a gamble.

I would do it. (send cash)

I have sent over 20 packages from here to the USA and all but one has gotten there safe.

I would put it in with something else though and don't mention that it is in there. (maybe clothes?)

I would use the Thai postal service (EMS) or UPS as they are the ones i have used in the past with success.

Good luck. I realize it's a gamble.

EMS or UPS yes but never normal or registred mail only, I lost between Europe and Thailand on both way near 20% of enveloppe or parcel. I am 99% sure they was not lost or s.......... on European side.