Arab Restaurant

coutsa

Hi all,

Am hitting Pattaya in a few weeks and am wondering if you had any suggestions for any good Arabic/Lebanese/Turkish restaurants around Pattaya?

Ate the the Lebanese one on Central Festival, 6th Floor I think from memory and was ok, but stingy on portions. Also ate at the Iranian one on Second rd and that was awful.

Any suggestions?

I will second the recco for Ala Turka, the Turkish resto on Soi Yume opposite Carrefour. This place has been around for years (at its 2nd Road location) and has earned a good rep. from those of us who enjoy Middle Eastern cuisine.

I've been to the Lebanese restaurant on the corner of Soi VC and that was good.

They don't sell booze though.

There's a Turkish restaurant on Soi Yume, at the side of Carrefour that is good too.

I've been to the Lebanese restaurant on the corner of Soi VC and that was good.

They don't sell booze though.

There's a Turkish restaurant on Soi Yume, at the side of Carrefour that is good too.

Second the suggestion for the Lebanese on the corner of Soi VC. Best bet in town. Not only Lebanese food, but also pan-Arabic. It's called Shamy Taste. If you have trouble understanding their menu (even though in English) because it is kind of an odd format, talk to one of the older men owners, they are a bit dour but happy to make suggestions. For example if you order a rice dish they will suggest you order a side of soup-veg-sauce to go with it. BTW, their Arabic style nan bread is excellent there, better than their Lebanese bread, ironically.

Edited by Jingthing