Where To Buy A Computer In Pattaya Or Bangkok?

Thailaw

I have narrowed my choice of computer to Asus (but will also look at and compare Toshiba, Lenovo and Sony before I make my purchase). I live in Pattaya but frequently travel to Bangkok. Where is the best place to shop for and buy a (Asus) computer? I know of Pantip Plaza in Bangkok and e.com in Pattaya -- are those the best places? Is one better than the other? Is there a particular shop in either place that has good prices and good service above the others? Thanks for any advice/help.

Dealing and distributing computers is my job.

Avoid Big C, Lotus etc.. Good places for general shopping, but their computer selection is expensive and very poor.

Never went to Pattaya but i go to Panthip Plaza every month or so, it's a great place if you want a top quality computer.

Check Floor 3+

Basic must haves:

- Radeon or Nvidia graphic card. Not the latest but last year's.

- 3 ghz processor

- Windows 7 64bits

- 4+ Giga RAM

- For the monitor, get a new HD TV

The best is to have a shop building it for you, takes about 1 hour.

For a Laptop, same as above but of course it'd be already built.

Avoid Big C, Lotus etc.. Good places for general shopping, but their computer selection is expensive and very poor.

Never went to Pattaya but i go to Panthip Plaza every month or so, it's a great place if you want a top quality computer.

Check Floor 3+

Basic must haves:

- 3 ghz processor

- Windows 7 64bits

- 4+ Giga RAM

This is very helkpful. Thanks a lot.....

Check Floor 3+

Basic must haves:

- 3 ghz processor

- Windows 7 64bits

- 4+ Giga RAM

I agree with you on the getting a shop to build it for you normally, but I have heard some horror stories on shop built computers with 'dodgy' parts from Pantip in the past

Do you recommend any particular shop with a good track record of selling on the inside what they advertise on the outside?

Have you seen how Somchai deals with electricity in houses here? (hint: look at your loft). Would you let that mentality put a PC together for you? Yes I know most of the time they get away with it but you could probably do better yourself and then at least you know a bit of what goes where.

No, unless you're going to build it yourself I recommend you get a factory assembled PC. Acer is a good brand in Thailand, they have a good support network, better than everybody else. In Pattaya, go to Tukcom 5th floor, they have many different models to choose from.

Just my two cents. I have owned 3 sony laptops 2 of which were mine and one for my girlfriend, last one purchased was last year, I would not recommend them. I have had problems with 2 of them. Last year I thought ok I just had a lemon and bought one for my girlfriend but 12 months and 1 week the thing died , comes on runs for about 2-3 minutes and shuts down. I just bought myself a the Acer netbook 2gig ram, great little netbook, going to upgrade to 4 gig of ram. I have only heard good things about ACER, my friend had one had a problem after about 6 months they gave him a new one.

Just my two cents. I have owned 3 sony laptops 2 of which were mine and one for my girlfriend, last one purchased was last year, I would not recommend them. I have had problems with 2 of them. Last year I thought ok I just had a lemon and bought one for my girlfriend but 12 months and 1 week the thing died , comes on runs for about 2-3 minutes and shuts down. I just bought myself a the Acer netbook 2gig ram, great little netbook, going to upgrade to 4 gig of ram. I have only heard good things about ACER, my friend had one had a problem after about 6 months they gave him a new one.

Thanks for the input. Asus and Toshiba are rated as the "most reliable" during the first 2 years of ownership (from new). As I recall, HP is the worst (almost 40% die within the first 2 years (that last part is just recollection, please check this for yourself). Most people say that Acer is not very solidly built, but, as you note, their repair/replacement policy is pretty generous in the first 1 year after purchase. After that, look out.....

I hear very good reviews of the Asus UL series (no optical drive, but everything else is great), and that is what I intend to focus on, although my scope is open wide enough to look at what else is available from Acer, Toshiba and Lenovo before I make a purchase.