New Orleans Cafe

Spaniel

and heard this place has the best ribs in Pattaya.

Prepare to be disappointed. I may be wrong, this place was good about 6 or so years back but the last time I went, about 3 years ago, the food was crap. But things are constantly changing and I wish you well for your ribs.

Overpriced as hel_l, steaks not that good, will never go there again.

Where is Rose restaurant located?

Forget Cafe New Orleans, unless you want really mediocre food at really high prices. I hear that Bob's BBQ has very good BBQ at reasonable prices, and I would try that first, and there are several more before I would get to cafe New orleans (actually I would give up and go to seafood long before I got to CNO). If it wasn't for the feeble minded tourists this place would have died long, long ago.

Hope your not a homophobe as most times you'll end up sitting next to an old farang with his thai teenage boyfriend for the night from one of the boyztown agogo's. It might put you of your ribs.

You don't say?

:):D :D :D

Bloody waste of money too, as the boyz prefer noodles every time.

Speaking of ribs, any recent reports from the Great American Rib Company? I haven't been there lately.

I haven't been there in several years but when I did go I enjoyed their ribs. I would like an update too. I agree with others, I find NO cafe very average and overpriced.

agree with phil harris , i didnt care for the ribs, as i had heard they were the best ribs in pattaya i also was disapointed , the best ribs i have ever had in pattaya is at beefeaters on soi dianna .they have an all you can eat ribs on sat. sun. noon till 4 and they were awesome ribs !!

Whenever I go for Ribs, Bobs BBQ is the place!! They also had a all you can eat Ribs special for 399 Baht. That was fantastic, but the 1st lot of Ribs were always heaps better then the next ones that they were bringing out! I am not sure why... Maybe they re heat the ones they bring out in the 2nd or 3rd lot.

Love Bobs!

Whenever I go for Ribs, Bobs BBQ is the place!! They also had a all you can eat Ribs special for 399 Baht. That was fantastic, but the 1st lot of Ribs were always heaps better then the next ones that they were bringing out! I am not sure why... Maybe they re heat the ones they bring out in the 2nd or 3rd lot.

Love Bobs!

You need to try the Great American Rib Co., Bob's will then become a dim and distant memory!

Bob's BBQ is in Soi LK Metro, that is Soi Diana's turn-off opposite the Areca Lodge.

The other one i have never heard of, but interested in a try. Bob's used to be good but went a bit down in quality. That said, I haven't been there for almost a year. Any updates?

GARC is on Thepprasit between Thappraya and Sukhumwit on the right side going in the Suk direction. Off the tourist areas of course, a sister restaurant of the well known Bangkok restaurant. I have had very good food there in the past, but it depends what you order, and they have had problems with consistency.

Bob's BBQ quality has plummeted recently, there is a lot of talk that the place is for sale and that he consistently is running out of products. There have been reports of no ribs, no french fries etc.

Apparently he has some serious cash flow problems.

Just to add though I've never been I have heard some good reports on the Beefeater on Soi Dianna.

Edited by paul1970

GARC is on Thepprasit between Thappraya and Sukhumwit on the right side going in the Suk direction. Off the tourist areas of course, a sister restaurant of the well known Bangkok restaurant. I have had very good food there in the past, but it depends what you order, and they have had problems with consistency.

Their fresh Mango Margueritas are consistently good!!!!! :)

Agree with all who say N-O-C used to be good 5-6 years ago but for the past few years its really gone down hill. Still does one of the best cherry or blue-berry cheesecakes and popcorn shrimp in town, however.

For ribs...Cherry's (on 3rd Road) has all you can eat BBQ ribs every Friday night...with salad bar, and dessert and coffee for around B300. So go to NOC for shrimp popcorn appetizer, Cherry's for ribs, and back to NOC for another dessert :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

As a Samui resident having just enjoyed my first ever visit to Pattaya, I have to say that on Friday evening I came across the Cafe New Orleans where I ordered a half rack of blackened baby back ribs. Wow, what a portion with fries and corn on the cob.

The ribs were delicious.

Halfway through the meal I asked if I could try some of their BBQ sauce.

The result was not just a portion of sauce but another portion of BBQ ribs 'on the house'.

That's what I call service and good customer relations.

Cannot recommend them too highly, give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Edited by yorkie100