Weather Warning For Upper Thailand

webfact

Weather bureau issued warning for upper Thailand that tropical storm could bring rain and strong wind Mar.25-28

The Nation

2010-03-24

Thai Meteorological Department

Warning

"Summer Thunderstorm"

No. 1 (32/2553) Time Issued : March 24, 2010

The moderate high pressure has extended its ridge to cover upper Thailand and the South China Sea by tomorrow. This will cause summer thunderstorms, gusty winds and hails over upper Thailand. People in the areas should beware of severe weather during 25-28 Mar 2010.

During 26-28 Mar, wind-wave in the Gulf of Thailand will intensify. All ships should proceed with caution during the period.

source: http://www.tmd.go.th/en/

Current weather in Thailand plus forecasts:

http://weather.thaivisa.com/

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Just out of curiosity, what areas are included in "upper" Thailand? Is that the same as Northern Thailand? Just wondering if I need to batten down the hatches in Chiang Mai. Thanks!

Yunnie, I've seen ponchos at Tesco and 7-11, and even some drug stores. They're usually near the cashiers, in the "oh yeah, I forgot I needed one of these" area :) Also, if you can find a pull-over style instead of one with snaps, get it! I learned a cold wet lesson the other day when we had 2 evenings of rain here in CM. My shirt front got quite damp. My back, however, was dry as a bone :D

I need to get a rain coat poncho thing then.... gah. Now to find where to buy them.

You may need that poncho more for Songkran than any rain at the moment. :)

I just want to make sure. I would hate to be riding on motorcycle and it starts raining and no poncho.

Thanks Sandie!!! I'll check 7 tomorrow after class.

THAI METEOROLOGICAL DEPARTMENT

Warning "Summer Thunderstorm"

No. 6 (37/2553) Time Issued : March 26, 2010

The nearly active high pressure area has covered upper Thailand.

Summer thunderstorms, gusty winds and hails are expected in the area and 4-6 ºC drops.

People in the areas should beware of severe weather during 26-28 Mar, 2010. Wind-wave in the Gulf of Thailand will intensify.

All ships should proceed with caution during the period.

source: http://www.tmd.go.th/en/

Was pissing down for a good 2 or 3 hours in Buri Ram / Surin a couple of days ago. Looks like might be more on the way.

Same here ,, 50 k north of Sawan Daen Ding ,,it lasted about 5 hours ,, at times was very heavy ,,, maybe we got 30ml

cheers egg