Thai Police Believe Family Massacre A Personal Revenge

webfact

Police Believe Family Massacre a Personal Revenge

NONTHABURI: -- A family massacre occurred in Nonthaburi province and police believe that the shooting of a Bang Buathong provincial police interrogator and his family was due to domestic problems, as the attackers may have known the victims well.

Authorities have disclosed information about the shooting of Police Lieutenant Rachun Punthawong, his wife, daughter and son. Only the daughter survived the attack.

The shooting occurred on the Western Ring Road, where the assailants fired at Police Lieutenant Rachun in the head and his wife in both eyes.

Provincial Police Bureau 1 Commissioner Police Lieutenant General Krissada Punkhongcheun and forensic experts believe that there were more than two gunmen at the scene.

The assailants also stole valuables from the victims.

Police believe that the shooting was a result of Rachun's domestic problems and that the perpetrators knew him well. Initial investigation reportedly revealed that Rachun had an affair with the relative of an influential local figure.

Rachun's six-year old daughter survived the shooting and is in stable condition but cannot provide testimony at the moment.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-03-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shooting occurred on the Western Ring Road, where the assailants fired at Police Lieutenant Rachun in the head and his wife in both eyes.

Provincial Police Bureau 1 Commissioner Police Lieutenant General Krissada Punkhongcheun and forensic experts believe that there were more than two gunmen at the scene.

There was a message there, but for who? Was the mia noi the reason or something else?

There was a message there, but for who? Was the mia noi the reason or something else?

That was my first thought too. I think the shooting of both her eyes is significant....so the mia noi angle may be just a coincidence. Perhaps she witnessed something previously, or perhaps it was a supersticious act....

Horrible tragedy, either way. I hope the daughter recovers well.

If i know anything, its dont mess with the cops. Let's hope they dont arrest some patsies in the media circus about to come.

Bet you money they catch the perps, the whole of the BiB will be out for revenge.

Edited by whiterussian

Sounds like he picked the wrong mia noi! Strange that they did the whole family though, obviously a message.

very tragic. a message for whom?

Just about everyone thinking of visiting Thailand, added to the other recent news stories this gives a clear message that it is not the land of smiles, who in there right mind could shoot a six year old kid no matter what the father had done.

it can be anything - from some criminals taking a revenge to a robbery getting the bad way. Jumping to a conclusion now is risky.

this murder did happen on the road I live, generally a save area

Edited by londonthai

Sounds like he picked the wrong mia noi! Strange that they did the whole family though, obviously a message.

very tragic. a message for whom?

Just about everyone thinking of visiting Thailand, added to the other recent news stories this gives a clear message that it is not the land of smiles, who in there right mind could shoot a six year old kid no matter what the father had done.

They killed a 4 and 5 year old and wounded a 6 year old. Usually, when hidious crimes like this happen, it must be 'foreigners' because Thais don't do things like this.

UPDATE

Girl, 6, only survivor in killing of policeman, family

By The Nation

A police officer - Pol Lt Rachan Phanwong, 37 - and three family members were found shot dead yesterday by a main road in Pathum Thani. The only survivor, a sixyearold daughter, is under intensive care with serious injuries.

The multiple murders could have been motivated by revenge for an extramarital affair involving Rachan, said Provincial Police Bureau 1 commander Pol Lt General Krissada Phankhongchuen.

Police believe two handguns were used in the heist by people the family knew well, he added.

The four victims were found lying in and around a family SUV parked at the 6465 km markers of an Outer Ringroad lane at around 6 am yesterday.

Rachan's body, with a single gunshot wound to his left temple, lay 10 metres from the vehicle. His wife, Nawarat, 33, shot in the left eye, was in a wood 50 metres away.

Fiveyearold Yanisa, shot in the neck, died in a car seat and Jirawut, 4, shot in the left eyebrow, was found behind a front seat. Rawissara, 6, is under intensive care at a hospital receiving treatment for gunshot wounds to her left shoulder and left arm. She is under police protection as the only known eyewitness to the murders.

Rachan started his career as a noncom and last served at Bang Bua Thong station in Nonthaburi. Three months ago he was suspended from the service for alleged attempted murder firing his handgun at a person after using his car to chase and ram a group.

Pathum Thani police chief Pol MajGeneral Methee Kasalasang said he learned that Rachan was having affairs with many women, one of whom was reportedly a relative of a country singer. Police are looking for valuables carried in the vehicle while he was driving back from the North to Bangkok.

Police sources said the singer's relative was a wealthy and highly possessive woman. She had frequently given Rachan valuables and the SUV he was using.

Initial crime scene investigation indicates Rachan stopped the SUV to talk with somebody he knew and he was shot. His wife ran for her life but was also shot dead. The killers then turned back to the vehicle and shot the three children, but the eldest survived.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-26

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

gee, i thought this was the land of smiles ?

"justice", thai style

I think it's a fair assumption, if your significant others had a problem that the police wouldn't take care of. They know someone who will for a price.

I was informed that the Pol Lt. usually had money, jewelry, and valuables on him at most times worth "hundreds of thousands" of baht. This statement was credited to one of his maids.

The vehicle was a Toyota Fortuner.

Either the maid is an awful estimater of value, or the police dept pays very well or the mistress , as alluded to, was very generous.

If things could be redone, this poor guy may have chosen the monkhood.

It is tragic what happened, but the one who will suffer the most , and probably the remainder of her life , in the small surviving daughter. My heart goes out to her. May God and Buddah give her strength.

They killed a 4 and 5 year old and wounded a 6 year old. Usually, when hideous crimes like this happen, it must be 'foreigners' because Thais don't do things like this.

Yes sirree! Thais would never think to commit a crime like this as they are all extremely honest, law abiding people.

Most of the police are indeed "foreigners".

Can we torture Pol Lt Montree's children (he probably has many) ... s l o w l y ... and make him watch the proceedings. No we can't, but we would love to.

I guess they both shared the same 'women' - stupid Thai as usual.

Why does it feel sometimes that I am visiting a tribe that have never been touched by 'human values' before. There are "sick" people everywhere I guess - but Thailand "shines" above many places.

niveknedwob.

Considering your view on the '' Thai tribe and your perceived sickness of said Thai tribe'' and it would seem Thailand in general , can one ask:

Why are you here ?

Or is it a case of your breakfast was somewhat over full of battery acid, lime juice and vinegar and vitriol sandwiches ?

Try a little drop of the milk of human kindness it will be beneficial to you I assure you.

Edited by siampolee

One wonders what was being discussed before the gun fire started.

Sometimes you tell a loose woman to go screw herself ( which she does everyday by the way) and she responds by burning your car and house before stabbing you a couple of times all the while screaming on top of her lungs.

you give a bad driver the finger, he then follows 100 kilometers cuts in front of you and slams his breaks and jumps out with a loaded gun.

A Thai girls breaks up with you, you tell her good luck and happy hunting, you tell a girl its over, she starts with why? and tells you to better not hang around town.

Two adults argue, one shoots everyone, toddlers, cats and dogs.

Can we torture Pol Lt Montree's children (he probably has many) ... s l o w l y ... and make him watch the proceedings. No we can't, but we would love to.

I guess they both shared the same 'women' - stupid Thai as usual.

Why does it feel sometimes that I am visiting a tribe that have never been touched by 'human values' before. There are "sick" people everywhere I guess - but Thailand "shines" above many places.

Yes and one of them appears to have written the above post!

Care to explain what you wrote as it seems to have been typed by a madman.