Where Can I Buy A Fountain Pen

linglop

Fountain pens would be very much a prestige gift or a businessman's purchase to complement a fine watch in Thailand so they are likely to be mostly to have expensive models for sale. You might try the B2S stationary stores in either Central Beach or Royal Garden. It is also a Central owned chain but they may have some fountain pens at lower price points. There are also a couple independant stationary stores on 3rd Road and another on Central just up from (towards sukkie) Foodland.

Edited by FarangBuddha

3rd Floor Central Dept. Store has Lamy fountain pens. The extremely popular "Safari" goes for 890 THB which is as cheap as eBay. You can get Parker ink at B2B for about 80 THB.

I also recommend the Lamy Safari but be aware that the U.K. price is 13 GBP=625 THB

\quote

Fountain pens would be very much a prestige gift or a businessman's purchase to complement a watch...

/end quote

Not complete, but while true, one will find the vast majority of fountain pens are purchased by parents for their children.

There are several threads concerning this.

Many children attending bilingual or international school are required to have one.

Usually just prior to 5'th grade.

My wife confirms she had to have one, the nanny confirms it also.

So there is the majority of fountain pen sales.

Personally I, nor my wife, do not want to purchase a pen that costs 700 baht for a 9 year old.

Much less one that costs 3000 baht.

Totally dumb, but TiT.

Actually this thread needs to be in the "Family and Children" forum.

And OP, please be more, if not very, specific about what you purchased.

Be great if you can speak of the "others" that you saw.

Many parents needs that info.

Actually this just happened to us this last weekend.

Wife gone for most of a Saturday looking for it,

came back with a 80 baht pen... upon filling, we both agreed it was a POS and would leak,

which was confirmed this last Monday. Was total crap.

Need to purchase another "better" unit.

Actually I will tell you the parents attending the "Family and Children" forum really needs to know.

Cheers

\quote

Fountain pens would be very much a prestige gift or a businessman's purchase to complement a watch...

/end quote

Not complete, but while true, one will find the vast majority of fountain pens are purchased by parents for their children.

I use a fountain pen because here in Thailand the ballpoint pens all seem to dry up or stop working just when I need them. I've got a couple of cheap Lamy fountain pens and a bottle of Waterman Florida Blue ink, they write well and I'm happy, no more problems.