3bb And Hd-tv

invex

Paying my monthly bill at the 3BB (ex Maxnet) office at Airport Plaza, I noticed a promotion for HD-TV over the cable. Inquiring more, it seems they will start sending HD-TV over the Internet-cable.

Does someone know the effect from this on our Internet-connections? To me it seems, the more you transfer by a cable, the more congestion and problems you create. Since HD-TV is huge packets, will this affect our, already slow, speeds even more?

i use a apple-TV on standard True internet connection, no problems regarding this.

viewing "On-Demand" have sometimes soms hangs .. but since the TV can prestore the data .. its not a big issue at all

real TV on Demand does of cource cause extreme load on the internet bandwith, the question is more where they store the data (how long it the connection to the tv server) .. if its hosted outside the infrastructure of the ISP it can be terrible slow.

there is basically only one way to find this out .. -> try it.

seriously .. as there are just too many factors mixed together to make a quality statement.

even from your next door, the results can be much different.

For running direct HD TV on a line you need at least 24 Mbit to get a god connection and I think we never come to that speed in Thailand.

I was at the AIS today and they had 7,2 Mbits on 3G but only for 15 seconds then it got slower to 2,3 Mbits so not even there they can keep up.