Some Attitudes Towards Red Shirts Shameful

webfact

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's not a nice thing to patronise or look down at anybody. I don't like it also when anybody is making fun of the ppl from 'baan nork'. But this problem do exist not just in Thailand but in every country even on the news also (but maybe less obvious). Thailand's case is more like a joke rather than 'racism' or 'discrimination' as exist in many other countries which are far more serious. It depends on certain dividual really. I'm sure many readers agree with the writer. However, Thailand is still a developing country and I believe this kind of behavior will decrease once ppl are mostly educated.

This is also why Thailand needs to improve many things fast such as moral (getting worse and worse everyday), education and also the media.

I'm not going to get drawn into a historical revision debate.

It's ludicrous.

Anyone actually care to address the thrust of the article? The dehumanizing and labeling of the poor because they disagree and dare to make noise?

Well, I don't know whether to believe anything in the article.

When it talks about violence during the coup, when I know (but could be mistaken) that there wasn't any, what else is a lie?

edit: There may be *some* valid points in the article.

Dont recall any violence in the coup days either,more like Yellow Ribbons on Army Rifles and smiling photo shoots with good natured army personnel,happily posing!

:) well said.

My god honey, the kids at the children's table are having a food fight!

And here we go again, repetitious discussion about the reds vs the yellows, both of whom have lots of baggage, good points and bad points and there are many Thais who don't necessarily support either group.

Please folks take your discussion up to the real issue right now - a gang of unsavoury murky frightening characters who are trying to generate all sorts of smokescreens over their real specific purpose: a pardon for a highly corrupt criminal and a return to a constitution which allows politicians to go back to raping the country.

Edited by scorecard

:) well said.

My god honey, the kids at the children's table are having a food fight!

And here we go again, repetitious discussion about the reds vs the yellows, both of whom have lots of baggage, good points and bad points and there are many Thais who don't necessarily support either group.

Please folks take your discussion up to the real issue right now - a gang of unsavoury murky frightening characters who are trying to generate all sorts of smokescreens over their real specific purpose: a pardon for a highly corrupt criminal and a return to a constitution which allows politicians to go back to raping the country.

Some would argue that a gang of unsavoury murky frightening characters, having removed an equally unsavoury rival and his subsequent proxies, are going back to raping the country whilst using a handsome-voiced nice guy as cover for their crimes. Where is today's Abhisit photoshoot btw? And what is 'Deputy' PM Suthep organising today?

How has the current administration "raped" the country?

'Bangkok needs buses', as former full-time Democrat propagandist Plus put it. And do a Google for Anupong's hilarious press conference on the empty box 'bomb detector'. This sort of stuff will run and run, just as it did under the equally corrupt Thaksin management.

Red shirts will not allow police to arrest Arisaman: Natthawut

BANGKOK: -- Natthawut Saikua, a red-shirt leader, announced on the stage at the Pan Fah Bridge Saturday nigh that the red-shirt people would not allow police to arrest Arisaman Pongruangrong.

Natthawut said Arisaman would surrender on April 1 but for the time being, Arisaman would have to go on stage to address the protesters and join the fight of the red-shirt movement.

The Criminal Court Saturday approved police's request to issue an arrest warrant against Arisaman for having incited unrest.

-- The Nation 2010-03-13

is there anyone out there that really thinks that Arisaman will honour his word and turn himself in today??

well its April 2nd and i have not seen any reports of Arisaman turning himself in

so he has proved that he is just another red shirt liar whose word means nothing.

his actions are something that his followers should consider

when your word means nothing, you are nothing........

red shirts deserve all the bad press they get

they are without honour

How many ThaiVisa posters would not raise a violent finger against a deadly attacker? I am one. If you would defend yourself or your loved ones using violence, against an attack, you're no Jesus or Gandhi. The PAD protesters were not 100% non-violent or non-defensive, but over 99% were.

'Bangkok needs buses', as former full-time Democrat propagandist Plus put it. And do a Google for Anupong's hilarious press conference on the empty box 'bomb detector'. This sort of stuff will run and run, just as it did under the equally corrupt Thaksin management.

It is the current Abhisit government that pointed out the problems with the "bomb detectors", called the military on it, and stopped any further purchases.

Can we have a quick lesson in how to quote text? It's driving me nuts all over the forum now! :)

The word quote in parentheses [ ]

Then insert the text

Then /quote in parentheses.

Cheers.

Edited by mca

It is the current Abhisit government that pointed out the problems with the "bomb detectors", called the military on it, and stopped any further purchases.

Yes, Abhisit forgot his place on this one (he's the best leader Thailand never had btw imo, before you start the accusations. Let's have another look in a few months. I'm willing to betcha good money that the army quietly wins this one.

How's the buses contract going?

How many ThaiVisa posters would not raise a violent finger against a deadly attacker? I am one. If you would defend yourself or your loved ones using violence, against an attack, you're no Jesus or Gandhi.

Yeah. I'll stand to one side while somebody is attempting to rape my 6 year old daughter for fear people might think I'm a lesser person than Jesus or Ghandi. :)

Edited by mca

Can we have a quick lesson in how to quote text? It's driving me nuts all over the forum now! :)

The word quote in parentheses [ ]

Then insert the text

Then /quote in parentheses.

Cheers.

And if you are going to delete something, delete the open/close quote in pairs.

The bomb detectors were first ordered under the Thaksin government.
So the military's continued corruption as exemplified by Anupong is ok then?

Corruption is bad. Lets get rid of all the people involved in corruption.

With the remaining 10 million people .......

People can't, in one breath, say get rid of Abhisit because he is supposedly linked to a corrupt army, and in the next breath, say put the red shirts in power, which effectively brings Thaksin back.

Thaksin was the worst of the corruption in Thailand. One of the main reasons of the coup was because Thaksin was trying to get HIS generals to the top of the army. That wouldn't have change one thing about the corruption in the army. It would have just changed who was organising it.

Whoever is in power will have the backing of the army, while they look after the army. When they stop looking after the army, then they won't be in power.

This won't change until all the Thai people understand democracy and reduce corruption in their own lives.

The bomb detectors were first ordered under the Thaksin government.
So the military's continued corruption as exemplified by Anupong is ok then?

Corruption is bad. Lets get rid of all the people involved in corruption.

With the remaining 10 million people .......

People can't, in one breath, say get rid of Abhisit because he is supposedly linked to a corrupt army, and in the next breath, say put the red shirts in power, which effectively brings Thaksin back.

Thaksin was the worst of the corruption in Thailand. One of the main reasons of the coup was because Thaksin was trying to get HIS generals to the top of the army. That wouldn't have change one thing about the corruption in the army. It would have just changed who was organising it.

Whoever is in power will have the backing of the army, while they look after the army. When they stop looking after the army, then they won't be in power.

This won't change until all the Thai people understand democracy and reduce corruption in their own lives.

There is looking after the army, and looking after the army, if you know what I mean. They will sit quietly as long as you do things the way they approve of.

The army answers only to one person in this country, and it is not the PM. They reserve the right to object to doing the government's bidding and this is a proven historical problem in modern Thailand. God forbid Thailand actually had to fight a war on their own, because I doubt very much that the government's and the army's ideas of how it should be carried out would be remotely close.

Yes, Abhisit forgot his place on this one (he's the best leader Thailand never had btw imo, before you start the accusations. Let's have another look in a few months. I'm willing to betcha good money that the army quietly wins this one.

How's the buses contract going?

Once people leave who are hel_l bent on destroying buses and property, I'm sure it will be just fine.

post-6428-1270185365_thumb.jpg

post-6428-1270185387_thumb.jpg

post-6428-1270185405_thumb.jpg

While some of the comments in the media can be considered "shameful," the leaders must take responsibility for that. It's their very own words and actions that actually bring shame to them and every red-shirt that participates.

A video of the shameless coward, Arisiman, who has fled from justice after making terrorist remarks. This video is from a speech a few weeks ago and he had this to say:

"Tomorrow will be my day. If tomorrow Abhisit does not dissolve parliament, I will go and take your head and wash my feet with your blood. I will go to the PM and Ministers houses and I want to know if their blood is the same red colour as our red shirts."

The image of Arisman decapitating Abhisit and washing his feet in Abhisit's blood is so non-violent and peaceful!

The entire red movement should be shamed and ashamed for condoning such remarks. They honestly wonder why people here don't want them in their backyards?

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/5488597

MY ...

Was there violence during the coup?

Was there violence during the airport 'takeover'?

If Yes, can you please provide some details.

So you are in favour of COUP's

So you were in favour of the AIRPORT 'takover'

Will you abide by the next ELECTION RESULT? or put your YELLOW shirt on and disrupt whatever

MY ...

Was there violence during the coup?

Was there violence during the airport 'takeover'?

If Yes, can you please provide some details.

So you are in favour of COUP's

So you were in favour of the AIRPORT 'takover'

Will you abide by the next ELECTION RESULT? or put your YELLOW shirt on and disrupt whatever

Just go back and read the whole thread.