Tiger/sachs Club @ Thaivisa

Conts. on the Retro BBB :) and good luck with the girls DL's.

Yes a real charmer for sure, and pretty practical too, the other day I loaded 30 kg of rice in the side car, would have been difficult on the Fino.

I agree the front brake sucks, for for short shopping trips I guess its okay.

Tiger continues to impress- they showed up at my office with the Tiger in a Tiger icon_lol.gif right on time-

spacer.gif040910TigerRetroSm.jpg

Gave me a quick run down on the bike- as you can imagine it's pretty simple. My son jumped right in and was like, COME ON DAD- TAKE ME FOR A RIDE NOW! icon_salut.gif

spacer.gif040910TigerRetro5Sm.jpg

Took it for a quick spin around the parking lot and well, gee, having never ridden a bike with sidecar before I have to say it does take a little getting used to! icon_eek.gif

spacer.gif040910TigerRetro2Sm.jpg

And someone please explain to me what that front brake is all about?! I've never seen such a contraption- when you get on the front brake instead of fork dive you get with normal bikes the Tiger Retro actually jumps UP at the front- it's the weirdest feeling and I'll have to ride it some more to figure it out. Warning to anyone else who may get one of these- you pretty much lose all turning ability when you get on the front brake. The front end comes up and straightens out and it's almost impossible to get the bike to turn if you are heavy on the front brake.

Anyway- this thing isn't meant to go fast and the rear brake is linked to the sidecar wheel as well so unlike regular motorcycles the rear brake is actually quite effective as it's braking 2 wheels.

Apparently the Tiger Retro tastes good too icon_mrgreen.gif

spacer.gif040910TigerRetro8Sm.jpg

A bit off topic- I wasn't actually expecting Tiger to deliver the bike so quickly and I bought it for my staff to run orders to the post office. I told them I'd get them the Tiger if they got their drivers licenses. Cuz, like typical Isaan girls they've been riding scoots for years but never bothered with a license.

So while I'm waiting at the office for the Retro to show up they go to get their licenses and guess what- they both FAILED the test! icon_lol.gif

spacer.gif040910TigerRetro9Sm.jpg

Oh- one more thing - everyone who's seen this bike has been asking about it- There's something about this unusual contraption that just seems to make people smile and laugh. I did some driving around my Moo Baan and all the parents and kids and security guards were smiling and pointing at the farang on his retro scooter and his son in the flashy sidecar. The sidecar is pretty roomy (for my 3 year old) icon_e_wink.gif - but I think tall folks will have a hard time sitting in it. (Actually I haven't tried sitting in it yet...)

Well, my worker bees will make another attempt for their licenses on Monday- wish us luck!

Happy Trails,

Tony on a Tiger icon_mrgreen.gif

Dear Tony,

Glad you got it on time and all is well...great pics...love that one when your son started eating the sidecar

About the Retro brakes. It took me a while to get used to but once you got the swing it is fine... For the braking on the retro with sidecar i suggest to use both hand and footbrakes really.

Actually i started to enjoy the braking uplift after some time ....

So during songkran you fill the sidecar with water????

I hope you have a lot of nice rides on it and that your staff is getting the DL done too.

Happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

With TWIN rear drums, seems as if this rig should be slowed a lot by the rear brakes, compared to two wheelers?

Yes, you are absolutely correct- unlike two wheel motorcycles the rear brake on this three wheel Retro is very strong- much stronger than the front. Certainly takes some getting used to as I generally don't use the rear brake much at all on my 'regular' motorcycles.

This little Retro continues to turn heads- the girls took it to the local market (yeah, I know, no liscense, but they REALLY wanted to take it for a spin) :D . They said that lots of people at the market asked them about the bike, where they got it, how much, etc. Even driving along the road they said people were slowing down and rolling down their windows to get a better look!

Ha ha ha! Seems this little Retro is a celebrity in our neighborhood :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

Just wanted to inform that the retro has some new colors added which are Pink/white , Black/white ....unfortunately for the retro's there are no other special colors available (other than standard) ...only the Boxer 250, Boxer 200 & Bulldog 150 do have a selection of special colors available. This is per Tiger Motors Info . here is a color table of the special colors for boxers/bullldog,

Happy tails

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

post-103819-022305300 1277053342_thumb.j