Opinions On View Talay 6 (next To Central On Beach Road)

gguy

Pattaya46, when we first moved in we did leave the balconey open and slept fine. Then my girl started running the air conditioner at night. She likes to get it cold as crap at night and then bury herself under the comforter. We are about midway in the building and on the side with the vacant lot so we probably don't get as much street and bar noise as some others do. The walls are thick enough that we hear nothing from our neighbors. No idea if all walls are like this or if our owner made them thicker when building out the shell.

There is also a chance that you don't hear the neighbours because there simply are none. :)

I lived in VT2 for over 3 years until 2007 and the work never stopped to complete unfinished condos. I lived on the top floor so I was protected from anyone working above !

I believe that building of 17 stories was constructed in 1999/2000 with perhaps 2002 as first move in dates. That would mean that for over 5 years, there were still people constructing condos from scratch. VT^ will surely be like that but with more units.

In this season it's about 26-27°C at night, so you do not need any air-con to sleep :D.

give us one valid reason why you think other people would like to sleep as uncomfortable as you? :)

"There is also a chance that you don't hear the neighbours because there simply are none."

Not the case. The condo next door to me has been occupied since I moved in. We have tried turning our TV's up to a reasonably high level and going into the other's condo. The result was that with the TV going nothing was heard through the walls.

This place is not a palace but it sure ain't the dump several posters have claimed.

"There is also a chance that you don't hear the neighbours because there simply are none."

Not the case. The condo next door to me has been occupied since I moved in. We have tried turning our TV's up to a reasonably high level and going into the other's condo. The result was that with the TV going nothing was heard through the walls.

This place is not a palace but it sure ain't the dump several posters have claimed.

I don't think the construction of the internal walls will be very different from condo to condo, whether VT1 or VT7 but what will make a remarkable difference is any cladding put on the walls and any insulation put on the floors and ceilings. Thus you can find very different sound transmission levels between one condo and another depending solely upon their quality of internal construction. The same goes for the external doors.

So no construction from 9am to 5pm around you, can you hear it going on in other parts of the building?

I don't want to give the impression that the place is a dump. It certainly looks nice, has good views, and is physically comfortable. However, you can't escape facts and experience: bad electrical issues, bad plumbing issues, and really bad external noise exposure.

Like everything else, it all depends on what you're looking for and what tradeoffs you're willing to accept. If a very convenient, central location is your highest priority, you can't beat this place. But be willing to deal with traffic, noise, and the potential for electrical and water gremlins based on my experience with a 20th floor unit on 2nd road side.

In this season it's about 26-27°C at night, so you do not need any air-con to sleep :D.

give us one valid reason why you think other people would like to sleep as uncomfortable as you? :)

Please explain to us what you are doing in Thailand if you consider that 26° is uncomfortable to sleep ? :D

Probably 2 or 3 months that temperature did not go under 25° at Pattaya; must be terrible for you to live here :D

Most people that I know set their air-con to 26° and this value is labeled "confort" on new air-con. :D

I read before that for most people the body make sign it's too hot (sweat) from 30-31°C

and then it's really uncomfortable (and I could not sleep...), but 4° below is ok for most.

We are getting off topic rather aren't we? For anyone who has forgotten the topic is:

Opinions On View Talay 6 (next To Central On Beach Road), Thinking about buying a shell

Not how hot is your bedroom at night :)