Do We Want The Reds Shirts To Lead Thailand Forward?

whistleblower

The red shirts can not lead Thailand forward because they are too ignorant to understand this simple concept. Many have said they find the term "moron" offensive. Therefore, I will not promote that phrase. I will instead refer to the reds as "ignorant". The are ignorant about the responsibilities of a democracy. They are ignorant about the moral code that all men should live by. They are ignorant about how they are being used by their square faced puppet master. They are ignorant about what is in their own best interest.

No, ignorant people can not be trusted to run the government. It will be civil war first. Once they display some intelligence and vocally denounce Thaksin, then we can revisit the issue of them leading the country forward.

What a thoroughly unpleasant post. Arrogant and insulting.

Also, basically TRUE. The reds must denounce Thaksin if they hope to be taken seriously, rather than taken for what they are now, a threat to national security.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The red shirts can not lead Thailand forward because they are too ignorant to understand this simple concept. Many have said they find the term "moron" offensive. Therefore, I will not promote that phrase. I will instead refer to the reds as "ignorant". The are ignorant about the responsibilities of a democracy. They are ignorant about the moral code that all men should live by. They are ignorant about how they are being used by their square faced puppet master. They are ignorant about what is in their own best interest.

No, ignorant people can not be trusted to run the government. It will be civil war first. Once they display some intelligence and vocally denounce Thaksin, then we can revisit the issue of them leading the country forward.

Also, basically TRUE. The reds must denounce Thaksin if they hope to be taken seriously, rather than taken for what they are now, a threat to national security.

TRUE...really? Ignorant about the responsibilities of a democracy, ignorant to what is in their own best interest, and - best of all - ignorant about a moral code that all men should live by. And you say this is TRUE. Well, how very intelligent you and your friends must be. Not really, you simply share an unpleasant superior attitude.

they willl not denounce thaksin because they will loose financial support and they will have to go back home and till their lands, 500 baht/day will then be over.

Yes I know they won't. As such, they have zero moral credibility. If this mob of violent thugs takes over the government and installs their dictator, it would be national tragedy of massive proportions. That some foreigners can't see this is really pitiful. Didn't you take history courses in school?

Edited by Jingthing

they willl not denounce thaksin because they will loose financial support and they will have to go back home and till their lands, 500 baht/day will then be over.

Yes I know they won't. As such, they have zero moral credibility. If this mob of violent thugs takes over the government and installs their dictator, it would be national tragedy of massive proportions. That some foreigners can't see this is really pitiful. Didn't you take history courses in school?

Quite. The sad thing is that the majority of the Reds cannot see that they are being manipulated by the three stooges leading them, all of whom are in Thaksin's pocket.

You mean, if it happened again, right?

Things to keep in mind

1. Red protesters performed religious and black magic rituals before coming to Bangkok.

2. Red protesters were "compensated" to attend these protests.

3. The seizure downtown streets followed a counter protest by business leaders the previous day. It is a means to intimidate others who dissent with their agenda.

4. Red leaders have advocated the violent overthrow of the government.

5. Any protest where grenades and bombs are used on a nightly basis can't be considered really peaceful.

Would you want to live in a country where these same people form the next government?

I am not sure that "Lead" is the correct term to use here. Judging from the media reports both local and international it appears high unlikely that any one of them could "Lead" anything ! Perhaps a it would be more descriptive to say "could they follow like sheep a convicted criminal, coward and potentially a person who sanctions extra judicial killings ?"

Fortunately the Reds are not claiming to want to lead the country; they just want elections pronto, and democracy in general.

Several of the yellow leaning forum members always go to great effort to point out the difference between PAD and the Democrat party. Guess what, it's similar with the Reds and Phua Thai.

No they don't. The rhetoric from the leaders does not mention true democracy - such as allowing all people to stand for parliament, such as abolishing corruption, such as ensuring that NO money changes hands for votes and so on. All they do is lambast the Government and anyone else who gets in their way. They have a very simple agenda. That is to get the exiled UN-democratic criminal back into power. They don't even know what democracy is. But manipulating large numbers of people - in much the same way as Hitler did in pre-war Germany - is what they are up to and the string-puller, puppet master .......? We all know who he is and what this is about.

Where is the manifesto? There is none.

Where is the ideology? There is none.

But there are plenty of meaningless slogans and rhetoric.

There are plenty of nasty accusations and childish statements.

etc etc etc boring etc

Fortunately the Reds are not claiming to want to lead the country; they just want elections pronto, and democracy in general.

Several of the yellow leaning forum members always go to great effort to point out the difference between PAD and the Democrat party. Guess what, it's similar with the Reds and Phua Thai.

No they don't. The rhetoric from the leaders does not mention true democracy - such as allowing all people to stand for parliament, such as abolishing corruption, such as ensuring that NO money changes hands for votes and so on. All they do is lambast the Government and anyone else who gets in their way. They have a very simple agenda. That is to get the exiled UN-democratic criminal back into power. They don't even know what democracy is. But manipulating large numbers of people - in much the same way as Hitler did in pre-war Germany - is what they are up to and the string-puller, puppet master .......? We all know who he is and what this is about.

Where is the manifesto? There is none.

Where is the ideology? There is none.

But there are plenty of meaningless slogans and rhetoric.

There are plenty of nasty accusations and childish statements.

etc etc etc boring etc

Spot on, ianf.

Ian nailed it. Those who don't get it, read some history books about how these type of movements turn out when they manage to succeed. It is no wonder that foreigners who are more educated than Thais on world history OVERWHELMINGLY oppose the mad red Thaksin led mob.

sad but true corruption abounds in Thailand.

but with Thaskin the hands that were greased did not belong to Bangkoks good ole boy network.

I guess its only corruption when the other guy benefits.

Bangkok has controlled Thai politics for way too long about time the rural working class gets it's say.

and hope thais have enjoyed cheap copayment medical care under the current pm that will be a benefit in the past, that yaa-baa usage on the increase.

One of the democratic freedoms we in the west enjoy is the right to demonstrate, even though others may be inconvenienced by that demonstration. Parts of central London, for example, are often closed to traffic for just such a reason.

Why do you want to deny that right to the Thais?

You may not agree with the demonstrator's cause or methods, but calling them 'morons' says more about you than them!

He called them morons because thats what they are

The Morons I have known were all poor. I wonder if there may be a connection?

Ian nailed it. Those who don't get it, read some history books about how these type of movements turn out when they manage to succeed. It is no wonder that foreigners who are more educated than Thais on world history OVERWHELMINGLY oppose the mad red Thaksin led mob.

Does not history offer at least an equal number of lessons about military goverments?

Edited by thaiwanderer

What moral credibility the current lot?

Or these highly educated foreigners simply don't want to be inconvenienced by the struggle for representation of the disenfranchised Thai majority.  

One of the democratic freedoms we in the west enjoy is the right to demonstrate, even though others may be inconvenienced by that demonstration. Parts of central London, for example, are often closed to traffic for just such a reason.

You may not agree with the demonstrator's cause or methods, but calling them 'morons' says more about you than them!

He called them morons because thats what they are

The Morons I have known were all poor. I wonder if there may be a connection?

In Thailand the morons ( in the complete and utter gobsmackingly " I wonder how they managed to get to the airport in their home country let alone make their way to Thailand " sense of the word as opposed to just mildly stupid ) I have known were all westerners. I mean real dumb as dog shit folks. I wonder if there may be a connection? :)

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

THE NATION: Red leaders have announced plan to parade through 11 routes in Bkk. No blockade, no stopping anywhere. Just marching along the routes.

How much you want to bet that the routes are the ones they have been ordered to keep out of?

These guys are doing everything in their power to instigate the government to enforce the law and cause a confrontation.

It is time the government enforced the law and stopped allowing the Reds to hurt Thailand on so many levels.

Edited by johndpoole

What policies is the current government enacting that hurts the poor people of Thailand? Or even the people of the North?

There are numerous policies put in place to help them I am aware of but not any to hurt them.

On some level it seems they feel entitled to the same wealth the rich in BKK have. Is somebody stopping them from moving here and starting a business? Anybody stopping them from getting into politics legally?

They live in a freaking poor area. Every country has these. Fact after fact shows that the disparity of wealth in Thailand isn't any worse than most nations including the USA were 1% of the population controls about 40% of the wealth.

Thailand is certainly not a modern nation and wasn't that long ago it was considered 3rd world but things are progressing fairly rapidly and would be much faster if all the shirts stopped breaking the law and scaring investors and tourists.

The current government is the legal government and there are courts and legal means to take if you don't believe this is true. Like any other democracy, there are elections we must wait for and hope are party wins the next one. It is far from democratic to do what the Reds (and yellows previously) are doing and it is insane that the government of Thailand has not acted to restore order in Bangkok. As long as leaders in Thailand are scared to act to enforce the law, we can continue to expect more coups which is clearly not democratic.

Bottom line is their is a government in place doing a good job for Thailand and the people as a whole. They have also agreed to hold elections a year early which would be unheard of elsewhere in similar situations.

So, you have to ask yourself if the Reds are just insane or if they are not being honest about their motivations.

15 days have come and gone but they still hang on to this number as if it means something. The only thing it shows is they know they are being unrealistic and their goal is truly not this. If there are issues with waiting until the end of the year such as military leadership succession then deal and negotiate on that or those issues to have input ... bottom line is stop behaving as thugs and having a mob mentality as well as thumbing your nose to every other party in Thailand along with the laws of Thailand.

I totaly agree with what you say,maybe he can use his whistle to stop the demonstration against the thai elite

THE NATION: Red leaders have announced plan to parade through 11 routes in Bkk. No blockade, no stopping anywhere. Just marching along the routes.

How much you want to bet that the routes are the ones they have been ordered to keep out of?

These guys are doing everything in their power to instigate the government to enforce the law and cause a confrontation.

It is time the government enforced the law and stopped allowing the Reds to hurt Thailand on so many levels.

Did i dream,or did the yellows take over the airport last year and someone died

Quote: "They just want elections pronto". Sure fully understand that but what you didn't mention was why they want elction now!

Gain control / pardon thaksin / return to 2006 constitution so that thaksin and his cronies can rape the country again and can easily buy votes again.

Why within 15 days? Simple and obvious answer, the longer it takes the less support they will have (bordeom / fatigue etc.) at the same time the Abhsit government prove themselves as a very credible government (already well in process).

Plus if the election is delayed then there is a possibility that another force, pro Abhisit, could develop and be even stronger than the reds, and/or a force which gains access to the red rank and file and explains to them clearly how they have been used and manipulated.

I totaly agree with what you say,maybe he can use his whistle to stop the demonstration against the thai elite

so if you invited some friends (assuming you have some) to stay at your parents house for example, and your parents started performing black magic and pouring human blood as a curse, would you be surprised if your friends thought your family weird/moronic?

By the way this isnt a personal attack on your family it is merely a way to express an example of what im trying to convey

But you didn't use the word " morons " in the context of your example did you?

They are being paid to protest on behalf of an egomaniac that wants to save face (and his money).

Thats what makes them morons.

They were exercising their democratic right to protest. It's irrelevant the cause. So what if they believe the Thaksin propaganda machine. It's their right to do so. Not going along with your point of view doesn't make them morons. Misguided? Sure if you like. Used? Ditto. Morons? Nah.

To be honest I'm sure there's a fair few number on this forum using offensively derogatory remarks about the Reds who, were I to meet them, I would most probably be justified in thinking " Now there goes a real frigging moron " more than any Thai walking the face of the earth.

In my experience the most vocal expats about how dumb the Thais are usually the ones who aren't among the higher echelons of intelligentsia themselves. Well. why beat around the bush. They're thick as shit. :)