Has The Time Come For Abhisit To Crack Down On The Lawless Red Protesters?

Jingthing

Time to crack down? If not now, when?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sitting in Chonburi you wouldnt even know anything was happening unless you bring up the topic of poltics which nobody does. Genuine question, is the whole of Bangkok affected by this or just some areas? What is the actual feeling among Bangkokians?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant disperse them with reasoned force. Arrests, water hoses, tear gas, whatever non lethal force they have. If the reds do react with bombs, grenades, and Molotov cocktails, as they almost definitely will (their leaders have SAID they will, so better believe them), then of course the military will be forced to increase the level of force. It is sad, but who has forced the government into this situation? Answer - Thaksin. I think the vast majority of Thais understand that now, which is why I voted NOW. This anarchy cannot be tolerated forever.

Molotov Coctails indeed,the reds dont even know the work/word or thais in general,

In the bp a while ago such a incidentary device was pictured,

what it was: a red b..,m15.. or another isoteric drink container of glass,was not even the size of a bottle!

filled with pla ra maybe.

The other day in the bp nesp. I spotted redclad ?muslim? girls dancing in the street in a rally in downtown BKK,certainly imposters,as no muslim is war-dancing nowadays.

God bless us all if the rascals in red are really going to use mean responses/and fight dirty.

Really and no joke,all should be issued icecubes to throw at each other,from the ocassional hit head etc no harm would be done and all cools down as well.

Did anybody of the press or diplomats or (pot)chamber of commerces , thank about interviewing poeple in the street live on TV and ASK for their honest opinion (not honest mistakes).

A anectode to that: A thief ,or bankrobber is cought in the act ,and apprehended,he says to the DA,Sir, that all was a honest mistake,here I give back the loot to the bank,and I walk away scottsfree?That would be the day(as John Wayne said in the movie Wild Goose or such)

from the latest situation where by the reds invaded parliament and pics showing mps climbing up ladders to escape,

it seems to be the other way round as in the red protesters have began cracking down on Abhisit... :) so embarassing

Please note I have put member/mod 7by7 on ignore and asked him to stop posting replies to any of my posts as there will be no replies ever starting now, which of course, is up to him. Cheers.

And I thought I was the only special one to get such treatment JT :D lighten up mate.

I take it he still hasb't answered 7by7's very basic, respectful and easy to understand question then. :).. Much easier to put him on ignore I suppose.

Hey, how about putting EVERYONE who doesn't agree with you on ignore? That should clean up the general forum quite a bit! :D

Hey, how about putting EVERYONE who doesn't agree with you on ignore?:

If that was the reason I have put a few people on ignore, my ignore list would number into the thousands, and YOU would have been put on it AGES ago. Nice theory, no cigar.

Edited by Jingthing

Comparisons have been made of this mindless mob of violent peasants to the Maoist cultural revolution. Read up on that. Do you want that for Thailand?

Comparisons made by whom? Do you have a link? In what way is this similar?

I made that comparison. Comparing some other "red"movements like Little Red Book, Red Guards, Red Army, Khmer Rouge and Hugo Chavez' red shirt etc. to the present Red Shirts, all - of course - in the name of democracy.

It's high time to put an end to this comedy. How can anyone claim to act in the name of democracy while destroying the foundation if the very same democracy?

Enough is enough. These red shirts are holding us all to ransom. time to take action NOW. Clear the streets with the army. :)

......and of course the yellow shirts never "held us to ransom" when they invaded the airports and government house.

Lot of posters with double standards (just like the yellow shirts).

Enough is enough. These red shirts are holding us all to ransom. time to take action NOW. Clear the streets with the army. :)

......and of course the yellow shirts never "held us to ransom" when they invaded the airports and government house.

Not important. we're talking about the here and now, the monk*** must be sent home or to jail. that's it

The army/police are independent to the government, so I wouldnt expect any assistance from them unless whole scale violence and looting occurs.

Maybe Abhisit can arm and up with his cabinet and go down there and disperse the protesters himself? :)

Bearing in mind your join date, how would you know that?

PM announces STATE OF EMERGENCY ten minutes ago!

For Bangkok and vicinity.

Maybe still hope to stop the tragedy of a red shirt Thaksin dictatorship.

why do you get your self so worked up, don't be such a sad person relax and enjoy life.TIT

The general of the Army has already announced he will not use force as Thai people will get hurt. Are these people crazy or something? So if your a red shirt or yellow shirt you can break the law, but if your just an ordinary Thai, and do what these people have been doing you would quickly be locked up and going to court for a lengthy prison term.

Barry

I thought that senses would prevail over time,but i can see now and who can blame him that JT has had enough.

Important as that is for your sanity JT and i respect that,as i for one support your statements here.

Before we do hopefully see the end of the 7by7s inane comments ,just wanted to have a read through again and see just how delusional he really is ,take it away 7by7

“A large group of protesters entering a government building is totally different to breaking and entering into a private dwelling.

Tell me, as you are so against these demonstrations and want the authorities to use force to break them up; what was your attitude when the yellows were doing similar, occupying and closing the airport for example? Were you calling for the tear gas and water cannons then?”

As stated in the answer given then by OP,the fact that it was a different government at the time makes wether he was for or against force irrelevant.

Now because that is a fact you have to move on,to other points..that is how a constructive argument works 7by7.

But yet,you are back again repeating the same question like some petulant child.

“Ah, no answer, just insults (did you not read the post where I said I was neutral?) and feeble excuses for avoiding the question”

Now i believe ,we are still waiting for this post claiming that you are neutral.

Although that wont really make much difference,as your real views can be determined easy enough by your words.

But its the point that you wont or cannot provide this ,which you demand of others so arrogantly.

As you have hounded JT,to provide answers again and again,you dont have to live by the same rules apparently.

Your arrogance is astounding to see.

Then a reply by the OP,which i think is fair enough

“Lets get this clear. Produce ONE POST from you where you are not trying to challenge anti-red posters and you are challenging pro Thaksin posters. Then I might start to believe you are somewhat objective.”

As we wait for evidence still by 7by7 of this post,being a global moderator and all showing us that he in fact unbiased comes up with this little beauty!

“I cannot, as I have not made any posts challenging the cause of either the reds or the yellows.”

Eh?,you have got to be kidding me!

If you are to believe in a cause 7by7as you say they have ,at least have the balls stand and be counted.

Then a reply by JT,which again in my view is strong but respectful.

“I am not satisfied with your answer for obvious reasons. Have you never found a pro red post to be similarly ignorant by your standards ... If so, point out the post. I asked you to, and you could not. Otherwise, any reasonable person would conclude you are indeed biased in favor of sympathy for the red shirt Thaksin supporters. Nothing wrong with that per se. I suggest you own up to it to be taken more seriously.”

Then this reply

“I suggest you pause in your ranting and answer pertinent questions put to you if you want to be taken seriously.”

Hardly a rant by your standards,as you then you go on to ask the same question that you asked before days before ,which again is irrelevant.

Its like you run out of things to say,so you just start repeating things over again and again demanding the answers which,when a question is given to you you create a lie.

“Ah, no answer, just insults (did you not read the post where I said I was neutral?) and feeble excuses for avoiding the question”

“I cannot, as I have not made any posts challenging the cause of either the reds or the yellows.”

7by7,you and your little mate Winnie can go down there and help with some food and basic essentials if you are so concerned with their plight.

Or would that be a bit of a track from Surrey!

Either way,grow up and get a day job or a hobby....learning how to spell correctly may be something to start with,just a thought

The general of the Army has already announced he will not use force as Thai people will get hurt. Are these people crazy or something? So if your a red shirt or yellow shirt you can break the law, but if your just an ordinary Thai, and do what these people have been doing you would quickly be locked up and going to court for a lengthy prison term.

Barry

Brilliant!!! :)

Er....by entering www.thaivisa.com/forum into an internet browser address bar and reading the posts perchance rix?

You give them the benefit of the doubt that they have taken the trouble to research into threads dating back 4 years if you wish.

I don't give a shit about the red-shirts and all the morons posting their mindless comments about what is going on in this rotten country, all I wanna know is: do you know if the protest is affecting the action in Soi Cowboy and Nana ?

thanks for the replies

Edited by elcondor

Perhaps we should look at what happened last year. At some point, the Reds just gave up. Why was that again?

The Bangkok people turned against them. Murdering innocent civilians and threatening to blow up an urban slum with a gas truck didn't make them Mr. Popular. However, you can't compare the two times. This is much more serious now. It is clearly Thaksin's endgame and he doesn't like to lose.