Political Protests

scorecard

scorecard.

re .... Is there any activity on the street of CM city today?

not that ive seen ... no.

red shirts activity at their hq was very quiet today and has been for the past week but they were setting up yet another stage for a meeting yesterday afternoon at the railway station

dave2

It's way too hot for any activity. :)

Let's hope there will be none, other than a few noisy speeches.

At last, someone has actually interviewed a NORTHERN red shirt leader and asked him about possible disruption here.

The man comes close to promising there will be none, as their total focus is on Bangkok "where all the decisions" are made!

It's on the mychiangmai.com website today. Better news than I've seen from any other outlet, local OR national!

It's way too hot for any activity. :D

At last, someone has actually interviewed a NORTHERN red shirt leader and asked him about possible disruption here.

The man comes close to promising there will be none, as their total focus is on Bangkok "where all the decisions" are made!

It's on the mychiangmai.com website today. Better news than I've seen from any other outlet, local OR national!

I saw a rather small gathering of maybe 200 hundred give or take on motorcycles and in cars and trucks. (It may have gotten larger after I got the hel_l out there) on Moonmuang road in the old city in front of the Somphet market around 6:00 pm. To be honest most of the people looking on didn't seem to take any of the rhetoric to seriously. Almost as if they were watching a circus show. I have to say there was no aggression from anyone, other than honking horns. There was a traffic jam that wrapped almost all the way around the moat. Quite disruptive :)

It's way too hot for any activity. :D

I saw a rather small gathering of maybe 200 hundred give or take on motorcycles and in cars and trucks. (It may have gotten larger after I got the hel_l out there) on Moonmuang road in the old city in front of the Somphet market around 6:00 pm. To be honest most of the people looking on didn't seem to take any of the rhetoric to seriously. Almost as if they were watching a circus show. I have to say there was no aggression from anyone, other than honking horns. There was a traffic jam that wrapped almost all the way around the moat. Quite disruptive :)

I was on the outside of the north side of the Moat at about 6:15 PM and passed a group of about 30 pick up trucks and some other vehicles heading East along the Moat road. They all stayed in the inside lane so passing them was no problem, loud speakers were being used and there were only three or four redshirts in each vehicle, poor turn out on their part I guess.

BB

Who cares if there are a few red-shirts on the streets of CM. Nothing to do with foreigners.

The only people wearing red-shirts that disturbed me were about 30 of them Saturday night in my CM local Thai place, they were loud and unhappy that their team lost to Chelsea.