Thai Protesters Skirmish With Police In Tourist Hub

webfact

If Thaksin was the PM and the protesters were against him, the body count was probably be in the triple digits already.

That is the main reason that he is NOT the PM now,

Interesting...that must be a true assumption eh Watson?

Given Thaksin human rights history, it is certainly a reasonable assumption

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting if the opinions of those that were murdered in the ''war on Drugs and the Tak Bai massacre and of course a prominent Muslim lawyer could voice them.

Indeed Thaksin had and it seems still has his own unique version of DEMOCRACY

In all of my twenty years here I had never seen such a despotic regime like Thaksins regime.

The truth along with honesty and concern for other were not endangered species they were extinct,

Indeed the current rhetoric and actions of the puppet leaders of the Red Shirt Brigade are proving that the exhumation of '' The truth, honesty and the concern for others'' must be re interred post haste forever under their brand of DEMOCRACY.

Good post siampolee. I first came here in 1995 and remember well the fear that Thaksin's premiership inculcated during 2004-2006. Good knows why anyone would want him back, unless of course they thought the 30baht health care scheme was of such great magnanimity that all other social, political, business and human rights abuses should be forgiven.

What's wrong with you sheople here? The point is there is an unofficial, military-installed gov't calling the shots. The reds want a fair and democratic election...regardless who wins.

Mate, the fact that you think Obama a "dictator(who is still illegally occupying the white house)" would seem to indicate that you have a little trouble conceptualizing how governments are installed anywhere in the world let alone here. :)

Strange is not that Thaksin is not welcome in the U.S yet Abhisit is ?

Bush as far as I can recall was involved in a somewhat questionable scenario in his trek to the Presidential position.

Obama as I recall was elected without any strange vote counting antics.

Yes..perhaps Thaksin is not an american-lap-dog and perhaps Abhisit is?

I agree..as most if not all are.

As I recall he hasn't shown proof that he is a natural born citizen of the country(as John McCain had to before running), which is required law by the Constitution. A top navy officer has just refused orders coming from Commander in Chief(obamanation) on the grounds that he is not president officially/legally. I guess he and several others like him are mistaken, too. He is just as corrupt as them come..especially when he was governor. Of course you only going by what the mainstream dictates to you. Gobble Gobble...

What on earth does the internal politics of USA have to do with the Red Shirt Protest, isnt their some USA forum where they can air their suspect linen

So, the present form of gov't is a democratically elected one, yes? I wonder why Abhisit was going to the U.S.? He said he may have to cancel taking the trip there. Interesting..perhaps to get instructions or aid from a well prepped dictator(who is still illegally occupying the white house) who knows how to handle dissidents perhaps? You best wake-up to the REALITY of the way the world is really running..democracy..what horse shit.

Are you saying that Obama is a dictator that is ilegally occupying the White House?

Red Shirts now house classic Red Necks in their camp too...

It really is kind of weird, but yes, I have seen a clear pattern of right wing redneck type Americans (for example those who seriously believe Obama wasn't born in the US) and being pro red/pro Thaksin. I can't really explain it, but it seems to be a real connection.

Or maybe he was just not a violent person like you, even though you probably insulted him with the same elitist and high-on-your-horse words you wrote above?

I must applaud you for always finding the most insane point of view in the world for any post.

The poster in question was stating HIS opinion actually living within the zone in question, unless you live there and speak Thai how can you possibly know what he is going through?

I hear it all day from my employees and yes more and more they are sick to death of the REDS... but I guess that makes me high and mighty too as I don't bow to the mighty Khun T and his puppet leaders...

I give up you are clearly a troll and too stupid to be taken seriously... another for the ignore list

I have been down in the protests every day and every night since Saturday. What else can I do? I hear the blaring rhetoric in my bedroom from 0600 to 2300! On Sunday, I was taking pictures near the stage when some Isaan p*ssy-whipped farang says "Why don't you join in instead of just taking pictures?" To which, I rightly replied that I don't take a political side in a country of which I'm not a citizen. I received a water bottle thrown at me, but he was too much of a p*ssy to really make a stand. Perhaps he knew in his heart that his stance was too weak.

Or maybe he was just not a violent person like you, even though you probably insulted him with the same elitist and high-on-your-horse words you wrote above?

Or perhaps he was pussy whipped

If Thaksin was the PM and the protesters were against him, the body count was probably be in the triple digits already.

You realize that according to the Human Rights Watch, Thailand's human rights record is much worse under Abhisit than it ever was under Thaksin? What about the "boat people" issue in the South a while ago, where the army dragged refugees far into the open ocean without gas, food or water and left them to die? That happened under Abhisit.

It would be interesting if the opinions of those that were murdered in the ''war on Drugs and the Tak Bai massacre and of course a prominent Muslim lawyer could voice them.

In all of my twenty years here I had never seen such a despotic regime like Thaksins regime.

The truth along with honesty and concern for other were not endangered species they were extinct,

Indeed the current rhetoric and actions of the puppet leaders of the Red Shirt Brigade are proving that the exhumation of '' The truth, honesty and the concern for others'' must be re interred post haste forever under their brand of DEMOCRACY.

So, the present form of gov't is a democratically elected one, yes? I wonder why Abhisit was going to the U.S.? He said he may have to cancel taking the trip there. Interesting..perhaps to get instructions or aid from a well prepped dictator(who is still illegally occupying the white house) who knows how to handle dissidents perhaps? You best wake-up to the REALITY of the way the world is really running..democracy..what horse shit.

What a completely ignorant statement. If you had even a modicum of knowledge about current events, or perhaps knew how to use Google, you would know that Abhisit had planned for months on attending the Nuclear Security Summit in Washington, along with more than 40 other heads of state.

So you were wondering why Abhisit was going to Washington? Now you know....

Yes...of course that is the real reason he is going there and for no other reason...All I have to do is Google it...yes. Interesting..is that how you get the information as to what goes on with meetings such as this one. Well..what can I say.

I must applaud you for always finding the most insane point of view in the world for any post.

The poster in question was stating HIS opinion actually living within the zone in question, unless you live there and speak Thai how can you possibly know what he is going through?

I hear it all day from my employees and yes more and more they are sick to death of the REDS... but I guess that makes me high and mighty too as I don't bow to the mighty Khun T and his puppet leaders...

I give up you are clearly a troll and too stupid to be taken seriously... another for the ignore list

I have an apartment in the area that is currently considered "being held hostage" by the red shirts, although I usually live outside of Bangkok. From my experience, I have no problems getting in and out, other than having to walk a little bit father than usual. And no, I'm not wearing a red shirt and headband to get in and out. I understand how this can be a problem for people that can't walk 500 meters, though, so you may be right.

Good post siampolee. I first came here in 1995 and remember well the fear that Thaksin's premiership inculcated during 2004-2006. Good knows why anyone would want him back, unless of course they thought the 30baht health care scheme was of such great magnanimity that all other social, political, business and human rights abuses should be forgiven.

What's wrong with you sheople here? The point is there is an unofficial, military-installed gov't calling the shots. The reds want a fair and democratic election...regardless who wins.

Joke of the week.

Only the return of Thaksin would be considered 'fair' by the red Thaksin supporters.

They would yell 'foul' at any other result.

Everybody knows this.

Except you apparently.

Bush as far as I can recall was involved in a somewhat questionable scenario in his trek to the Presidential position.

As I recall he hasn't shown proof that he is a natural born citizen of the country(as John McCain had to before running), which is required law by the Constitution. A top navy officer has just refused orders coming from Commander in Chief(obamanation) on the grounds that he is not president officially/legally. I guess he and several others like him are mistaken, too. He is just as corrupt as them come..especially when he was governor. Of course you only going by what the mainstream dictates to you. Gobble Gobble...

I was just recently wondering what would happen if a member of the Red Shirt leadership met a Tea Party activist and stumbled blindly into each others arms and, by accident, into a sadly (for the world) reproductive copulative act. Now I know.

You realize that according to the Human Rights Watch, Thailand's human rights record is much worse under Abhisit than it ever was under Thaksin? What about the "boat people" issue in the South a while ago, where the army dragged refugees far into the open ocean without gas, food or water and left them to die? That happened under Abhisit.

Sure...just one of who knows how many other things...but these wonderful and enlightened people here know better....they like this british- indoctrinated-american lap dog in there.

What a tired and foolish bunch of utter nonsense! He was Senator Obama in Illinois, NOT governor.

Your credibility here is ZERO. Peddle this junk elsewhere.

Sateev

Interesting that "freedom4life" doesnt actually exist, he has no profile and never signed an account, I wonder why not, I also wonder why he is allowed to post with absolutely no information about himself provided, (real or made up)

I was just recently wondering what would happen if a member of the Red Shirt leadership met a Tea Party activist and stumbled blindly into each others arms and, by accident, into a sadly (for the world) reproductive copulative act. Now I know.

Yes...just ignore the facts and insult..because that's all you have left to say...sheople

Interesting that "freedom4life" doesnt actually exist, he has no profile and never signed an account, I wonder why not, I also wonder why he is allowed to post with absolutely no information about himself provided, (real or made up)

Making you nervous perhaps..does the truth hurt you so much, that you have to go looking for who or where I am....tsk tsk..we all have to answer to our willful ignorance..that time is fast approaching...getting more nervous..you should be.

I have been down in the protests every day and every night since Saturday. What else can I do? I hear the blaring rhetoric in my bedroom from 0600 to 2300! On Sunday, I was taking pictures near the stage when some Isaan p*ssy-whipped farang says "Why don't you join in instead of just taking pictures?" To which, I rightly replied that I don't take a political side in a country of which I'm not a citizen. I received a water bottle thrown at me, but he was too much of a p*ssy to really make a stand. Perhaps he knew in his heart that his stance was too weak.

I read bKkRk's post and appreciated its frankness and that it was a first hand account. Although I don't have a ringside seat as he does, I've come to the same conclusions as he has. The Red sloggers on the ground really don't know what they're protesting about. They can repeat a few of the silly claims by the leaders who shout in to microphones from stages, but they don't really know what's up or down. Everything the Reds stand for is riddled with contradictions. They talk about democracy, but they don't know what democracy is and their leaders certainly don't practice it. Even the 3 man troika, on their 2nd day of discussions on TV, didn't convene on a decision. It was one man who made the decision to disagree with the v. reasonable offer by the Abhisit's side to hold election in 9 months - that stupid response by that one Red man was made without even consulting his mates sitting next to him.

As for hating elites and all that. The Reds are mobilizing for payment, and their main cause is to bring an ultra-elitist meglamaniac back to power and obscene riches. Observers in western countries (and sensible Thai observers) must be aghast at the ridiculous contradictions riddling the Red cause.

Earlier Rainman asked rhetorically whether there had ever been deaths to protesters on T's watch. Two names: Kru Sue and Tak Bai. Need I say more? In all, over a hundred young Muslim men died needlessly - killed by panicking military men who were directly beholden to then-PM Thaksin every moment of those two stand-offs. Not surprisingly, no military brass every got reprimanded for those atrocities, and of course T himself never apologized. How could he? He's never apologized for any of the dozens of ugly and illegal things he's done. It's completely alien to his nature to ever admit that he's ever done anything wrong.

What a tired and foolish bunch of utter nonsense! He was Senator Obama in Illinois, NOT governor.

Your credibility here is ZERO. Peddle this junk elsewhere.

Sateev

Sorry my error, senator...How does one have credibility here? I made an error in labels..interesting judgment, you seem to be more credible than I to do so.

Edited by freedom4life

Joke of the week.

Only the return of Thaksin would be considered 'fair' by the red Thaksin supporters.

They would yell 'foul' at any other result.

Everybody knows this.

Except you apparently.

Really?...how sure of yourself that you are. Maybe you should join the ranks of Henry Kissinger..apparently he assumed several events would be the outcome..oh buy the way he is either been killed or is in hiding..

I read bKkRk's post and appreciated its frankness and that it was a first hand account. Although I don't have a ringside seat as he does, I've come to the same conclusions as he has. The Red sloggers on the ground really don't know what they're protesting about. They can repeat a few of the silly claims by the leaders who shout in to microphones from stages, but they don't really know what's up or down. Everything the Reds stand for is riddled with contradictions. They talk about democracy, but they don't know what democracy is and their leaders certainly don't practice it. Even the 3 man troika, on their 2nd day of discussions on TV, didn't convene on a decision. It was one man who made the decision to disagree with the v. reasonable offer by the Abhisit's side to hold election in 9 months - that stupid response by that one Red man was made without even consulting his mates sitting next to him.

As for hating elites and all that. The Reds are mobilizing for payment, and their main cause is to bring an ultra-elitist meglamaniac back to power and obscene riches. Observers in western countries (and sensible Thai observers) must be aghast at the ridiculous contradictions riddling the Red cause.

Earlier Rainman asked rhetorically whether there had ever been deaths to protesters on T's watch. Two names: Kru Sue and Tak Bai. Need I say more? In all, over a hundred young Muslim men died needlessly - killed by panicking military men who were directly beholden to then-PM Thaksin every moment of those two stand-offs. Not surprisingly, no military brass every got reprimanded for those atrocities, and of course T himself never apologized. How could he? He's never apologized for any of the dozens of ugly and illegal things he's done. It's completely alien to his nature to ever admit that he's ever done anything wrong.

In response to concerns raised in these issues by the Commission on Human Rights Khun.T. said sneeringly "they don't put rice in my bowl." Nice. I believe he also recently claimed that he would appeal to the very same body about the confiscation of his assets hence asking quite clearly for them to put rice in his bowl. Strange man.

The main weapon the reds had today was that blatantly doctored clip of Abhisit, and pretty large numbers of people, many of them old, wearing red "Truth Today" shirts. The irony (and shame).

What can Abhisit do against a crowd of aged, manipulated people? Perhaps a PR campaign to explain exactly how this clip was produced may help. Not that it'll may ever reach their attention.

Funny I was thinking almost exactly the same thing when the Abhisit government first came into power -- why the hel_l didn't he launch a PR campaign to explain why Thaksin is such a scumbag? Surely they wouldn't get thrown into a libel suit? What ~IS~ the truth?

In any case, since no one is doing it -- I WILL. I'm currently working on a board game called "THAILAND: The BORED game" a game of up to 4 players who play the roles of The Reds, The Yellows, The Military, and The Government. Each group tries to take full control of the different regions of Thailand, and the winner is the group that manages to take more than half the country or, for a longer game -- the entire country. Players can work together, whether it's the Yellows helping the government or the Military helping the government or hey... let's get creative here -- how about the Military helping the Reds? In any case, it's all about team play... right?

Still working on the game mechanics, but it'll definitely rely on event cards that reflect actual historical events that have taken place in Thailand's political history. Yeah -- I'm trying to push this as an educational game with a website companion that would explain the "facts" in more detail. Other cards include leading figures -- I'll use Abhisit as the card I will name "The Educated Prime Minister", while the card that represents Thaksin will be labeled "GOD". As much as I'd love to involve the monarchy here, I'll have to consult with a lawyer so as not to break any Lese Majeste Laws.

There will be booster packs for cards as new historical events unfold.

I have been thinking of an expansion called "The Muslim Jihad" which adds a fifth player, where victory is achieved after taking just 1/3 the country (for the player who plays the insurgents only).

Well... whaddya think?

Mate, the fact that you think Obama a "dictator(who is still illegally occupying the white house)" would seem to indicate that you have a little trouble conceptualizing how governments are installed anywhere in the world let alone here. :)

Indeed, mate. Why don't you educate me, mate.

I originally didn't mention that he threw the water bottle at me as I walked away after his follow-up statement "Well you should because the Jews are here" because I felt it wasn't appropriate.

Who's violent, huh?

So typical to characterize intelligence, rational thought, and literacy as "high and mighty"...

Edited by bKkRk

Sure, but I understand even more where people like you are coming from.

You do understand the irony of your name on here right?

Another for the ignore list....

I see the irony in a lot of situations and scenarios, especially how farangs living in Thailand can discuss the political situation as if they were in there own native country and how insults are the end result of any discussion. My name is of no concern to you or anyone else and not the issue here. I will continue to comment until you sleepy-heads decide to become conscious-which is a difficult process I must admit.

As I recall [Obama] hasn't shown proof that he is a natural born citizen of the country

Sure he has. He produced an official stamped birth certificate issued by the state of Hawaii. Those kinds of certificates are accepted as prima facie evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding. It has further been authenticated by Factcheck.org.

Oh, and his birth was also announced in two Hawaii newspapers:

http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/obama...ertiser0000.gif

http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/Obama...tarBulletin.jpg

And if you don't consider the above evidence sufficient, it is incumbent upon you to prove with your own specific evidence exactly how the above is forged or inaccurate, much as that bogus Kenyan 'birth certificate' was shown to be.

The main weapon the reds had today was that blatantly doctored clip of Abhisit, and pretty large numbers of people, many of them old, wearing red "Truth Today" shirts. The irony (and shame).

What can Abhisit do against a crowd of aged, manipulated people? Perhaps a PR campaign to explain exactly how this clip was produced may help. Not that it'll may ever reach their attention.

Funny I was thinking almost exactly the same thing when the Abhisit government first came into power -- why the hel_l didn't he launch a PR campaign to explain why Thaksin is such a scumbag? Surely they wouldn't get thrown into a libel suit? What ~IS~ the truth?

In any case, since no one is doing it -- I WILL. I'm currently working on a board game called "THAILAND: The BORED game" a game of up to 4 players who play the roles of The Reds, The Yellows, The Military, and The Government. Each group tries to take full control of the different regions of Thailand, and the winner is the group that manages to take more than half the country or, for a longer game -- the entire country. Players can work together, whether it's the Yellows helping the government or the Military helping the government or hey... let's get creative here -- how about the Military helping the Reds? In any case, it's all about team play... right?

Still working on the game mechanics, but it'll definitely rely on event cards that reflect actual historical events that have taken place in Thailand's political history. Yeah -- I'm trying to push this as an educational game with a website companion that would explain the "facts" in more detail. Other cards include leading figures -- I'll use Abhisit as the card I will name "The Educated Prime Minister", while the card that represents Thaksin will be labeled "GOD". As much as I'd love to involve the monarchy here, I'll have to consult with a lawyer so as not to break any Lese Majeste Laws.

There will be booster packs for cards as new historical events unfold.

I have been thinking of an expansion called "The Muslim Jihad" which adds a fifth player, where victory is achieved after taking just 1/3 the country (for the player who plays the insurgents only).

Well... whaddya think?

Do each of the 4 groups have a handful of "get out of jail free" cards? You know, just to make it a little realistic.

thanks for your mind. case closed. enjoy your perfectly well structured hel_l.