What Does One Have To Do To Get Arrested ?

timekeeper

How are rally participants running "amok" as you have put it?

What property has been destroyed?

Who has been physically assaulted?

Although some shopping centers closed and the operators are sustaining losses, the rally participants neither threatened the mall operators nor demanded they be shuttered. The operators felt that the reds might come onto their property. That's it.

I am sorry if watching the rally is causing you to experience hysteria. No one is running about amuck unless you are referring to some Thai Visa members peeing themselves for fear that the crowd may turn on some of the depraved foreigners that have profited for a long time from Thailand's impoverished. Please take a chill pill, farang pervs and profiteers are safe........... for now.

Edited by geriatrickid

1) Throwing blood on Abhisit's private residence and government house

2) Shutting down one of the busiest intersections in BKK for several days

3) Commandeering fire trucks and military vehicles and damaging them

4) Instilling fear in the hearts of large segments of the population in BKK

5) Storming the EC offices

6) Storming Parliament and declaring that they would take hostages by blockading the building to prevent people leaving.

7) Calls for violence against police or military who are required to ensure public order

8) Whipping protesters into a frenzy by playing doctored audio tapes

9) Attacking a mother trying to get her child to hospital

10) Physically assaulting soldiers

11) Likely the perpetrators of various bombings around the city

12) Causing traffic mayhem in various parts of the city

13) Threats of violence toward the PM

14) Threats of violence toward Chulalongkorn University

15) Threats of violence toward doctors who tested blood

16) Threats of violence toward anti-protest groups

17) Threats to invade the home of the PM

18) Publishing the private address and phone number of the EC with threats to his life

19) Threats to engage in guerrilla warfare

20) Assault and battery on BMTA sanitation workers

Is this enough or shall I go on?

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Although some shopping centers closed and the operators are sustaining losses, the rally participants neither threatened the mall operators nor demanded they be shuttered. The operators felt that the reds might come onto their property. That's it.

I am sorry if watching the rally is causing you to experience hysteria. Please take a chill pill.

no hysteria here just common sense and rule of law

may be you need a chill pill or you should follow events more closely without the red tinted glasses

a wanted criminal (bail revoked Arisaman who promised to turn himself in on April 1st but didn't) leads an intimidating group of protesters into two government buildings on two seperate occasions (EC commission and Parliament house) without any invitation, forces his way past police and security by threatening violence and is at the very least guilty of trespassing on Government property and he is not arrested?

someone should grow some balls...

if the reds leaders were really committed to a peaceful rally to try bring about their version of democrasy then they should turn over Arisaman to the authorities

he does them no good turn by his rampant displays of violent rhetoric and breaking into premises to try to provoke a violent response from the government

by not doing so and not publicly denouncing his actions, they are seen to be supporting him and putting the whole red movement in jeopardy

if you are a red supporter who wants to achieve democrasy by peaceful non violent means , then common sense says you should denounce him too

Edited by timekeeper

I am sorry if watching the rally is causing you to experience hysteria. Please take a chill pill.

may be you need a chill pill or you should follow events more closely without the red tinted glasses

a wanted criminal (bail revoked Arisaman who promised to turn himself in on April 1st but didn't) leads an intimidating group of protesters into two government buildings on two seperate occasions (EC commission and Parliament house) without any invitation, forces his way past police and security by threatening violence and is at the very least guilty of trespassing on Government property and he is not arrested?

if the reds leaders were really committed to a peaceful rally to try bring about their version of democrasy then they should turn over Arisaman to the authorities

he does them no good turn by his rampant displays of violent rhetoric and breaking into premises to try to provoke a violent response from the government

by not doing so and not publicly denouncing his actions, they are seen to be supporting him and putting the whole red movement in jeopardy

if you are a red supporter who wants to achieve democrasy by peaceful non violent means , then common sense says you should denounce him too

looks like someone reads TV :

TAN Network: police seek arrest warrant against Arisman and group for intrusion into Parliament; 19 summoned for for closing Ratchaprasong intersection

MCOT: Red Shirt leaders face arrest warrants after storming Parliament, court summons 19 Red Shirt leaders at Ratchaprasong to acknowledge charges

I'm sure I'm missing something here - but why do posters keep getting irate about Thailand's politics?

We have NO voice or say here (for right or wrong - that's a different argument) - so talking about it on TV will change nothing.

Yes, its possible that some party may make life so difficult here for farang (as a populist move) that we have to leave. There's NOTHING we can do about that as far as I can see.

dam_n it!

those red shirt leaders are reading my posts!!!

THE NATION: Weng on the Reds raid Parliament "It is Arisman's own act and decision without consent of other leaders."

I'm sure I'm missing something here - but why do posters keep getting irate about Thailand's politics?

We have NO voice or say here (for right or wrong - that's a different argument) - so talking about it on TV will change nothing.

Yes, its possible that some party may make life so difficult here for farang (as a populist move) that we have to leave. There's NOTHING we can do about that as far as I can see.

do you have any financial interests here?

i am British and i do

Kuhn Thaksin has made it abundantly clear that he will reek revenge on us Brits for the British governments revoking of his passport, his visa and freezing some funds in UK as well as being forced to sell Manchester City.

if i recall the last time he had a clampdown, 2500 suspected drug dealers were summarily executed to meet quotas he set for local policeman to earn extra budgets or to lose, if those quotas were not met

thats not a clampdown i want to be on the wrong side of and as a result i do not want to see Thaksin return to Thailand (except in a box) and i do feel passionately about politics, whether i have an official voice or not

TV gives me that voice and an opportunity to express my concerns as an investor here.

if you feel its better to breeze along, shrug your shoulders and ignore it then thats your choice

i respect it and your entitled to it

just as you should respect mine and other posters choices

peace!

Farangs like to think they have a say - just basic venting. :)

1) Throwing blood on Abhisit's private residence and government house

2) Shutting down one of the busiest intersections in BKK for several days

3) Commandeering fire trucks and military vehicles and damaging them

4) Instilling fear in the hearts of large segments of the population in BKK

5) Storming the EC offices

6) Storming Parliament and declaring that they would take hostages by blockading the building to prevent people leaving.

7) Calls for violence against police or military who are required to ensure public order

8) Whipping protesters into a frenzy by playing doctored audio tapes

9) Attacking a mother trying to get her child to hospital

10) Physically assaulting soldiers

11) Likely the perpetrators of various bombings around the city

12) Causing traffic mayhem in various parts of the city

13) Threats of violence toward the PM

14) Threats of violence toward Chulalongkorn University

15) Threats of violence toward doctors who tested blood

16) Threats of violence toward anti-protest groups

17) Threats to invade the home of the PM

18) Publishing the private address and phone number of the EC with threats to his life

19) Threats to engage in guerrilla warfare

20) Assault and battery on BMTA sanitation workers

Is this enough or shall I go on?

Just put a note in my diary never to question any of your post's

Surely people can discuss it though, right? It'd be a weird world if you only ever discussed things that you directly had a voice in or could influence. I mean, do you ever discuss sports, or movies, or books, or politics, or hundreds of other topics that you have interest in but no direct influence over? :)

dam_n it!

those red shirt leaders are reading my posts!!!

THE NATION: Weng on the Reds raid Parliament "It is Arisman's own act and decision without consent of other leaders."

Weng says Arisaman should not have stormed inside Parliament

BANGKOK: -- Weng Tojirakarn, a red-shirt leader, said Arisaman Pongruangrong, another leader, should not have led protesters to storm inside Parliament Wednesday afternoon.

Weng said storming inside Parliament was a nonviolence way.

But he said Arisaman made the decision on his own without consulting the red-shirt movement so the action was Arisman's personal action, not related to the group's decision.

-- The Nation 2010-04-07

do you think if i tell them they should pack up and go home, they will?

Surely people can discuss it though, right? It'd be a weird world if you only ever discussed things that you directly had a voice in or could influence. I mean, do you ever discuss sports, or movies, or books, or politics, or hundreds of other topics that you have interest in but no direct influence over? :)

Good point. I stand corrected.

^discussing politics/religion always brings the worst out in people hence its better to avoid it because your opinion will offend someone.

and who gives a shit about offending people?

its your life, live it as you please not to please others

a man with no enemies never made a stand about anything

Kuhn Thaksin has made it abundantly clear that he will reek revenge on us Brits for the British governments revoking of his passport, his visa and freezing some funds in UK as well as being forced to sell Manchester City.

Link please. :)

What do you have to do? History shows that you can invade the government house and loot it. Who has paid the damages for that? History also shows that you can take over the airport and not suffer any consequences. One of the ring leaders is then appointed as foreign minister. How could the government possibly try to punish the red shirt?

too busy, find it yourself lazy arse......LOL

What do you have to do? History shows that you can invade the government house and loot it. Who has paid the damages for that? History also shows that you can take over the airport and not suffer any consequences. One of the ring leaders is then appointed as foreign minister. How could the government possibly try to punish the red shirt?

i think you will find the yellow shirt leaders are out on bail awaiting trial......

Just a quick question, off topic; If the man who never made a stand about anything, has no enemies but many friends would they be considered fair weather friends?

true mates definitely not fair weather. :)

typical generalisation from you Brit

Agree mca; some of the comments being attributed to various people via newspaper, journalist, and the private sector are getting a tad unbelievable. What is T's plan prohibit the family from traveling to Harrods to go shopping, thus strengthening the economic problems? Maybe a navel blockade?

Link please. :D

So I take it you're not a prosecution lawyer by trade then?

" Mr timekeeper. You've had ample opportunity to present to the court your case for proceeding with the prosecution. Are you ready to submit your evidence? "

" Find it yourself lazy arse. "

:) And that's a real LOL!

Agree mca; some of the comments being attributed to various people via newspaper, journalist, and the private sector are getting a tad unbelievable. What is T's plan prohibit the family from traveling to Harrods to go shopping, thus strengthening the economic problems? Maybe a navel blockade?

look, its clear either or both of you want to contest the statement for whatever your own reason.

so do the legwork, go find the quote and then come back and contest it

its a discussion board after all

Link please. :D

So I take it you're not a prosecution lawyer by trade then?

" Mr timekeeper. You've had ample opportunity to present to the court your case for proceeding with the prosecution. Are you ready to submit your evidence? "

" Find it yourself lazy arse. "

:) And that's a real LOL!

thanks you have obviously not made my Thai lawyers acquintence then?

if you want to contest the statement do the legwork........

oh and please do not call me Mr , you make me sound respectable

Edited by timekeeper