Farang Total Disinterest In Red Shirts

yabaaaa

well lets do a little math, to date i have lost through the current closures due to red occupation

30,000 a day location 1 in ctw x 6 180,000

40,000 a day location 2 in ctw x 6 240,000

100,350 canceled event revenue

175,500 canceled event revenue

145,000 spoiled product

6 days wasted salary x 24 employees: estimated 60,000

6 x 2 days wasted rent: 20,000

restock re opening costs: estimated 200,000

lets just say i have 1,120,850 problems with the reds.... :)

Edited by tb86

Well, I wouldn't say disinterest, but the lies, rhetoric and calls to shocking levels of violence coming from the red stage are getting boring. Its reminding me of those dolls with the pull string in the back that then repeat the same phrase over and over. "Thaksin! Money! Democracy Ooops, I mean, whatever WE want! Kill all dissenters!"

Funny, I see the same thing with the red apologists as well, but theirs is totally delusional. "Non-elected government! Suvarnabhumi! It's not about Thaksin!"

Boring. :D:)

The "REDS" (leaders) are nothing but "TERRORISTS".......... same as BIN LADIN, nothing more - nothing less............. think about it and if you cant figure it out, then go ahead and think that they have a cause and say good things about them......... "Taksin's Puppets" and Bin Ladin's kin-folk..................

Has there been a red shirt leader on stage yet who has gone 10 minutes without peddling some sort of bullshit or another?

And why haven't any foreign journos picked up on this?

A Twitter from Newley Purnell:

"Please tell your country Thailand's government is a tyrant," #redshirt woman tells me.

9:35 PM Apr 5th via mobile web

Yet moments before there were reports from other sources of that manipulated audio clip was being played to the crowds! No mention of this from him however.

Absolutely piss poor coverage.

็Having been told on numerous occasions, by several different people, "You don't understand, this is not your country, you only read the western news and they don't tell the real story, it is not your business".

I am now enjoying my apparent right to not give a monkey's and watch the country tear it's self in two.

As someone else has already said, nothing we can do about it because nobody really cares what we think. Ahh the cold Leo has arrived, cheers.

We now have a thread where everyone is not interested..........but we must have 20 threads some of which run to 40+ pages on this very subject.

You mean everyone is finally giving up on opinions, solutions, advise for the PM....calling Thaksin names...and generally talking nonsense?

The state of emergency seems to be having more effect on the ex-pats than on the Redshirts.. :)

What are we going to fight over when this all ends.....?

Have no interest in politics whatsoever.

I only become interested when their activities personally affect me.

Red shirts, yellow shirts, pink with blue spots shirts, who cares?

These people are just a load of morons and they`re supporters a bunch of prats.

Personally I also couldn't care less about the political goings on. I find it all a bit amusing really. Getting big belly laughs from all the rhetoric, name calling and the blatant hypocracy on both sides.

Overall, my life is unaffected by it all except if there is a street or a department store I want to use is closed etc.

And, more importantly, I don't have any spirituality or emotional ties with Thailand. It's just a place to live and use for my convenience and lifestyle.

This attitude is as a result of Thais not allowing me to assimilate and be part of THEIR country such as the multutude of restrictions placed on me particularly in property and business. The almost impossibility of becoming a citizen and voter, one law for them and another for me, little justice and little protection under the law, duel pricing, xenophobia and racism.

I care as much about Thailand as it cares about me.

Personally I also couldn't care less about the political goings on. I find it all a bit amusing really. Getting big belly laughs from all the rhetoric, name calling and the blatant hypocracy on both sides.

Overall, my life is unaffected by it all except if there is a street or a department store I want to use is closed etc.

And, more importantly, I don't have any spirituality or emotional ties with Thailand. It's just a place to live and use for my convenience and lifestyle.

This attitude is as a result of Thais not allowing me to assimilate and be part of THEIR country such as the multutude of restrictions placed on me particularly in property and business. The almost impossibility of becoming a citizen and voter, one law for them and another for me, little justice and little protection under the law, duel pricing, xenophobia and racism.

I care as much about Thailand as it cares about me.

Well said Barky…. I couldn’t have put it better myself… but what I really find comical are all the “non-thai” wannabe political analysts on this forum with nothing better to do than to pontificate at nauseam about one side or the other as if what they say/write actually makes a difference.

well lets do a little math, to date i have lost through the current closures due to red occupation

30,000 a day location 1 in ctw x 6 180,000

40,000 a day location 2 in ctw x 6 240,000

100,350 canceled event revenue

175,500 canceled event revenue

145,000 spoiled product

6 days wasted salary x 24 employees: estimated 60,000

6 x 2 days wasted rent: 20,000

restock re opening costs: estimated 200,000

lets just say i have 1,120,850 problems with the reds.... :)

Sounds like you are now in the red. Hope it you sort it out fella.

I'm afraid I have to respectfully disagree.

I've not yet met a Thai man who can grow quite as impressive a beard at Bin Ladin.

The "REDS" (leaders) are nothing but "TERRORISTS".......... same as BIN LADIN, nothing more - nothing less............. think about it and if you cant figure it out, then go ahead and think that they have a cause and say good things about them......... "Taksin's Puppets" and Bin Ladin's kin-folk..................

midlife crisis?

I don't care one way or the other. They could make some Bar Girl prime minister and I wouldn't give a shit. I just want this to be over with. I don't like not being able to go to Siam Paragon, I don't like these crazy people driving all over the city screaming, I don't like this government BS finally effecting my life for the first time, I don't like being scared this might end very, very badly (i.e. violence).

I do have a question though. As somewhat of a joke I have thought about buying a red-bandana and wearing it around until this is all over with. What are peoples thoughts on how both Yellow and Red Shirt thai's would perceive this? I'm not looking to get into any fights over it, is the point.