Thai Authorities Shut Down Red-Shirts Protesters Tv Station

webfact

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well this is just un <deleted> believable. On the TV, the soldiers who had a narrow easy road to hold, just moved backwards and allowed the protestors to push through. Why the Army and police have even bothered to deploy is beyond me, they are a waste of Oxygen. This country will never ever get on its feet until they findleaders, including military ones with an ounce of moral courage. I despair!

Looks like they're going to need Prem's troops again :)

Maybe the security forces are not all utterly useless. Maybe it was a strategic master stoke to allow the protesters in to the compound and now seal them off and hold them there!! Thailand--------Strategic Master Stroke-------nah! That just doesn't work does it. They have f****d up..again!

Jayboy --- again you are using the past government's failures as a measuring stick for what the current government should do. Sadly the past government was a Red government that couldn't find it's butt with both hands. ASTV didn't tell lies --- they let the people on stage tell lies. People TV added lies to the bottom of the screen. One is biased reporting and the other is making the news.

I have heard plenty of nasty racist remarks from the reds (and the red farang on this board) about Sino-Thai elites etc ... not to mention the non-defined word "elite" tossed around just to mean Thai Chinese. Plenty of racism visible there ..

So please share with the rest of us .... what does "elite" mean and then explain to me how Thaksin doesn't fit your definition.

No I'm not using the past government as a measuring stick.I'm saying the yellow movement began the street activism in Thailand as a means to blackmail the authorities.How much the reds copied that example is a matter for debate I agree.

Reality check: It doesn't matter a flying wotsit what farang on this board are saying.The racism of the PAD movement is a matter of record (although of course not every PAD member is a racist)

No I won't open another discussion what the "elite" means.It's been flogged to death already.If you are saying that the struggle is actually between two elites that's a subject for discussion.

get ready for a TV free weekend. Goodness, I can imagine your girls going mad because of this.

On a more serious note. It could be that the reds are allowed by the troops to shut down so that they can't be blamed themselves.

This is ridiculous.

Could be a coup,, or part of it. Curfew over the weekend and no TV I think. :)

Soldiers walking through the crowds, being greeted and slapped on the back by the smiling reds!.....................

Game over for Abhisit?

FF

I'd say much of the army deserted today, so it would seem to me game over.

Troops are now wearing red bands on their uniforms as they are greeted by the red shirts.

get ready for a TV free weekend. Goodness, I can imagine your girls going mad because of this.

On a more serious note. It could be that the reds are allowed by the troops to shut down so that they can't be blamed themselves.

This is ridiculous.

I watched it when it started. Everything was over in about five minutes. Something like this makes me believe that it wasn't just the troops on the ground. It looks like at the very least the command structure on the ground at Thaicom ordered the troops to cease and withdraw...if not higher up.

We may have just seen a coup.

This is ridiculous.

Maybe... they went thought the barricades like butter.

I watched it when it started. Everything was over in about five minutes. Something like this makes me believe that it wasn't just the troops on the ground. It looks like at the very least the command structure on the ground at Thaicom ordered the troops to cease and withdraw...if not higher up.

This is ridiculous.

no what you have just seen is a commitment to not use force against it's own citizens. capturing a satellite uplink station (where in most probability it has already been dismantled beyond usefulness) may look like victory for the reds but...stay tuned.

I think too many people here believe the Yellow newspapers and media.

They have got far too opinionated on the anti-Thaksin rhetoric and propaganda.

This government was appointed after unjust actions by the Yellow controlled elite. Its not wanted, Abhisit is not wanted, the people have spoken and they want this bunch of corrupt human rights infingers kicked out.

The Army and Police are not going to disagree with that.

Abhisit has had how long to change the constitution and ready the country for elections ? And now he claims be needs 9 months more. Why did he not do it already ? Because he has no intention of returning democracy to the people.

The Yellows have committed since the coup far worse things than Thaksin ever did, and not its time for the Yellow Elite to fall on their own sword and get their hands off of power.

Elections for the people, now !

Problem now is that both sides have had a go, and been unable to control the army while thugs ran around causing chaos. This means that Thailand is ungovernable. We all know if the reds win, the yellows will come out, etc. Until one side can actually control the army it's all fuc_ked. Time to make exit plans guys, cos things could get ugly.

This is ridiculous.

Huh? Troops during a State of Emergency protect the populace and you call this a coup?

I think too many people here believe the Yellow newspapers and media.

They have got far too opinionated on the anti-Thaksin rhetoric and propaganda.

This government was appointed after unjust actions by the Yellow controlled elite. Its not wanted, Abhisit is not wanted, the people have spoken and they want this bunch of corrupt human rights infingers kicked out.

The Army and Police are not going to disagree with that.

Abhisit has had how long to change the constitution and ready the country for elections ? And now he claims be needs 9 months more. Why did he not do it already ? Because he has no intention of returning democracy to the people.

The Yellows have committed since the coup far worse things than Thaksin ever did, and not its time for the Yellow Elite to fall on their own sword and get their hands off of power.

Elections for the people, now !

I think you're taking your rants straight off Red TV.