Thai Authorities Shut Down Red-Shirts Protesters Tv Station

webfact

Her voice conjures up images of living in hel_l for an eternity. Possibly this is how some of the local residents feel.

Booooooooooooooooooooo!! Get off the stage, you old bat!

Jeez ... she needs locking up more than all the others put together, or she could be trained by the military to deter protesters from storming into government locations. Give her a microphone and you have an instant weapon.

Edited by Sunderland

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i must admit watching all this thai tv its improving my thai. by she,s a old badger

I'd rather listen to ...

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

badger! badger! badger! badger! badger! badger! badger! badger! mushroom! mushroom! ..... snake! snake!

... than this old badger badgering on.

I don't usually speak impolitely to women, nor disrespect my elders ... but I would like to say, "Ya daft witch, do us all a massive favour and hoy yourself off the nearest tall tower ... Baiyoke Tower will do."

Edited by Sunderland

i must admit watching all this thai tv its improving my thai. by she,s a old badger

I'd rather listen to ...

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

badger! badger! badger! badger! badger! badger! badger! badger! mushroom! mushroom! ..... snake! snake!

... than this old badger badgering on.

Imagine that after the revolution, you are arrested, placed in a re-education camp, and made to listen to this old bat all night.

She's using some right foul language as well. I'd provide a literal translation, but I'd risk being banned.

Have to admit that her crown inspired headwear is interesting. Certainly beats a boring old Mao cap.

Edited by bubba

Well, my Internet d/c for a couple of minutes and since I came back online I've had a blue screen on the PTV channels. Couldn't take any more of that woman anyway.

I'm off to bed. Let's see which circus prevails tomorrow.

Goodnight all ....

Edited by Sunderland

According to the 'manager' (Thai) website the army moved back into the Thaicom compound in Pathum Thani and disconnected the main signal (although some of us were still able to get clear signals on the Internet until at least 1:45 am).

The government also asked the media to try and avoid disclosing movements of military troops, through photos and live TV.

Unless britmaveric confirms differently, I think the last signals from PTV on the Internet have definitely gone, so we are back to where we were at this time yesterday.

Will the reds go back to Thaicom or do they have a different plan?

See you all later ...

Just saw the footage on TNN24 from yesterday afternoon again. Anyone remember the photo of a bloke with a plane on his head? He was clearly visible at Thaicom ... haha. What a fruitcake!

Takes all sorts, but not quite sure what connection an airplane has with any of the protests.

uddthailand.com just come back on

Can confirm bright and clear and presume all freedom loving Expat Thais tuned in around the World.....well at least wiffee and her mates are back on again. :):D

uddthailand.com just come back on

Can confirm bright and clear and presume all freedom loving Expat Thais tuned in around the World.....well at least wiffee and her mates are back on again. :D:D

uddthailand.com is not on in Thailand :)

But at least the rest of the world can see :D

The singing lady on the list of leaders to be arrested is on stage at the moment talking about her day out at Thaicom in Pathum.

Now she is singing.

I haven't seen this guy before (speaking from Phan Faa). Perhaps one of the 2nd/3rd generation of leaders?
Is he one of those Reds who have been indicted/convicted of a felony? Seems like a badge of recommendation - for being a speaker at a Red rally.
Perhaps I haven't followed the news in other countries closely enough, but is there any other country where they have poltical rallies where people sing and dance so much??? The yellows were very similar. Very Thai :)
I went to anti-war rallies in Wash.D.C. in late 1960's early '70's ...some of the best rock groups I've ever heard - at least I think I was there, not sure, ....there was a haze in the air which smelled like rope burning.

post-10297-1270858883_thumb.jpg

Thai govt take red TV off air again

BANGKOK: -- Red shirts' TV station was off the air again late Friday after soldiers re-occupied the ThaiCom satellite station in Pathum Thani.

The People TV's signal was blocked again, hours after the protesters had stormed the station and forced the authorities to reverse an earlier decision to ban it.

Army spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd on Saturday confirmed the move, saying said security forces had returned to the station late Friday after Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva had ordered that People Channel be blocked.

"We had retreated on Friday because we did not want any loss of life or to hurt anyone," Sansern said. "But the station is inciting violence and spreading false and provocative information and rumours to the detriment of the country."

On Friday, thousands of protesters had moved to the Thaicom earth station in Pathum Thani's Lat Lum Kaeo district, to force the station to reconnect their satellite-linked channel after the government had unplugged it on Thursday.

A brief clash with the soldiers guarding the area left 15 people, including five officials, slightly injured as they tried to get into the station compound.

However, the red victory lasted only a few hours.

A few minutes after former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra phoned in to the rally, People Channel was off the air again. The government deployed troops at the earth station in Pathum Thani again last night

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-10

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I'm in Thailand and UDD Thailand's website is back on at the moment. Looks quiet down there right now.

Nuttawut is currently speaking, but sitting down on a chair at a table flanked by 2 other red shirt people and there are at least 6 journalists standing near him busy scribbling notes. Looks like he is under a tent or covering away from the stage.

It sounds to me like he is trying to encourage red shirts to spend Songkran in Bangkok.

Edited by Sunderland

Well, the Reds shouldn't be too concerned about it being off the air. The fact that they've doubled the number of troops up their means that it will take them 20 minutes to storm the Thaicom station instead of 10 minutes. Also, they will be able to seize twice the number of weapons from the police.

:)

Well, the Reds shouldn't be too concerned about it being off the air. The fact that they've doubled the number of troops up their means that it will take them 20 minutes to storm the Thaicom station instead of 10 minutes. Also, they will be able to seize twice the number of weapons from the police.

:)

Absolute radio silence re troop movements today otherstuff1957. Given yesterday's action (or complete lack of it) one could be fooled into thinking the reds have the upper hand...

Incredible sense of deja vu here.