The#1 Steak Place In Chiang Mai Now !

zuzkate

The Marco restaurant introduced aged filet beef steak last week which is to die for!! A huge upgrade from the previous at the same price!

The taste of this beef is incredible! I cut some of the filets with my fork.

Once You add the custom sauses..... can not be beat near or far!

Even though he doubled the size of the place reservations are still a good plan .

A good alternative choice close by when Marcos is full is the La Terrasse it is good and no doubt will get even better as time passes but the steak is not the same yet.

Edited by zuzkate

I had the pleasure of having the Thai filet from Marko's the other day and it was worth every bit of 380 Baht.

As far as The #1 Steak in Chiang Mai, The Kantary Hills and The Steakhouse by Le Crystal make that claim.

I had the pleasure of having the Thai filet from Marko's the other day and it was worth every bit of 380 Baht.

As far as The #1 Steak in Chiang Mai, The Kantary Hills and The Steakhouse by Le Crystal make that claim.

KH and The Steakhouse IMO are going on past reputation only.

Don't go to Le Crystal steak house if you're hungry. The portions are tiny. I had a steak there when it first opened and had to go for a burger afterwards as I was still hungry.

Never again....

Don't go to Le Crystal steak house if you're hungry. The portions are tiny. I had a steak there when it first opened and had to go for a burger afterwards as I was still hungry.

Never again....

For you, TH, a 500 gram T-bone would be a small portion......... :)

I can take a shoe and throw it in a crock pot and it will come out as tender as a babies arse. Cheap meat cheap results. :)

The Marco place will not cook a steak pass medium -medium rare.If you need it toasted eat elsewhere i have been told.

I order my steak at Marcos bloody rare .

For the people saying for 380 baht steak not bad ...

This taste and texture is better than many at any pricing her in Chiang Mai.!

NOTE: the guys selling steaks for 550-750 and more may well be selling the same beef or lessor beef for double, triple ! Buyer beware!

!

This Marco place is honest @ 380 baht for the best tasting steak in Chiang Mai

We have been to The Kantary Hills very nice but EXPENSIVE! More expensive than the Dukes steaks.

The Steakhouse by Le Crystal .... at least the entertainment is good but the steaks are not.... plus they changed menu and pricing.

People talking up this place have not been there lately.!!!

Edited by zuzkate

Never again....

For you, TH, a 500 gram T-bone would be a small portion......... :)

Cheers BB..... I do like a nice big steak, got to get my protein intake. I usually get my steaks from Northern Farm and get the wife to cook them coz I'm a lazy git.

Getting peckish now, toodle pip :D

Fillet Steak at The Olde Bell British Pub

(as you like it - even well done - we don't tell our customers how they should eat their food)

295 baht!

(minus 10% discount = 270 baht if you're a local and apply for a Gold Card)

(as you like it - even well done - we don't tell our customers how they should eat their food)

295 baht!

You are throwing your hat into the ring by saying you have the best steak,the #1 steak in chiang mai for less @ 270baht?

or does this post above mean perhaps " The olde bell bar has once of the cheapest steaks in town?

not sure....

Same here I thought he was talking about eating at the supermarket.
I must be getting dyslexic, I read this as the Macro Restaurant! It was only when it was advised that booking was necessary I read it again!

Not just dyslexic, I cant spell Makro!

295 baht!

Should that not be 265.50 baht....... :)

I second the motion!

Marco Place? Marco Thai? Cannot anyone be specific? Makros, Macros, and Mongols?? (IS IT Chez Marco, which almost certainly was meant by OP?).

Irrefutable that a fine steak must be expensive here, the end of a long or difficult supply line (as noted earlier by M_Fan), and a tough steak can be made tender by cooking it into gruel (and that I don't need a steak for good health).

Oddly enough, Chez Marco's is one of the few places in town where I might not pay for a fine cut, as his sauces are stellar, evocative on cardboard if he served it, and when I slice thinly from a lesser cut of beef (NOT overcooked), it answers very well for texture and flavor - flavour, if you like.

Franco Thai has very good steak, as was mentioned above.

If one can cook, Rimping sells local Thai beef tenderloin- I think I saw a price of about 280, maybe 290 B/kilo- yesterday. Definitely under 300. And of course they have about 4 or 5 other lines of beef, imported or high quality local.

The Thai ribeye from Northern Farms (Charolai French cattle breed) is excellent value at 455 B/kilo.

I perfectly understand that these threads are mostly started by, and responded to, by people who don't cook.

Poor sods.

There's little doubt that Franco-Thai's sauces are excellent. I'm there 2-3 times a month and, imho, they're the best in CM, better than Chez Marco. But the beef at Franco-Thai is pretty bad. If good beef costs a minimum of 280 baht per kilo, it's pretty hard for a restaurant to make a profit selling a steak, salad, potatoes and bread for 159 baht. They're buying cheaper beef and marinating for so long that it no longer has the right texture.

Go for a pork dish with one of those great sauces, or the duck confit.

Ah, but their mashed potatoes are perfect!

Steak with green peppercorn sauce, ordered rare....little red wine on the side. Not bad at all at Franco-Thai. Dukes also very good;

when I go out for a steak, these are my fav 2 places.

My point was, you can cook way better steak at home, for less baht...and prepared to your perfect preference.

If you can cook, that is.

Jeez, cooking a steak has to be one of the simplest things to do.....after maybe boiling an egg. :)