Thai Authorities To Arrest Red Shirts Protesters

webfact

The Nation (noted for its biased reporting) said that Arisman was seen under the red shirt stage late at night. I wonder if they've rigged some kind of 'surprise' in case the authorities move against them,with the intent of blaming the govt. for anything that happens. Of course it might not have been him, and could be perfectly innocent.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this instance, I believe you guys talking about the prospect of the Red leaders quickly bailing out, in the event they are really arrested, are wrong.

You're forgetting this would be under the declared state of emergency, which gives the govt. the right to hold people even without formal charges, up to 7 day stretches at a time, and then can extend for another 7, I believe, up to a month.

So they wouldn't necessarily be walking as quick as you'd think, under the normal rules.

I doubt very much that the government or military wants to be seen as having political prisoners, or worse - martyrs. That would give an even stronger focal point for anti-government protesters and the inevitable unfavourable comparisons with a certain neighbouring country. It is much easier to make announcements and then not take any action - the Thai way of doing things.

In this instance, I believe you guys talking about the prospect of the Red leaders quickly bailing out, in the event they are really arrested, are wrong.

You're forgetting this would be under the declared state of emergency, which gives the govt. the right to hold people even without formal charges, up to 7 day stretches at a time, and then can extend for another 7, I believe, up to a month.

So they wouldn't necessarily be walking as quick as you'd think, under the normal rules.

I doubt very much that the government or military wants to be seen as having political prisoners, or worse - martyrs. That would give an even stronger focal point for anti-government protesters and the inevitable unfavourable comparisons with a certain neighbouring country. It is much easier to make announcements and then not take any action - the Thai way of doing things.

Several of these people are already out on bail for similar acts, there is no question that

releasing them yet again only would allow them to continue flouting the law and causing insurection.

So the special forces arrested Arisman today but let him go because there were too many red shirts around the hotel.

Who is really running this country now?

And once again we have it. The loyal, low class Red Shirts willing to give up all they know for their leaders who stay in plush hotels while the "people" live n hot, dirty city streets. They are again being tricked, this time by different people.

So the special forces arrested Arisman today but let him go because there were too many red shirts around the hotel.

And once again we have it. The loyal, low class Red Shirts willing to give up all they know for their leaders who stay in plush hotels while the "people" live n hot, dirty city streets. They are again being tricked, this time by different people.

And once again the Thai Police show themselves to be an embarassment to Thailand - if there was no collusion (unlikely) then their incompetence is stunning. This was supposedly an elite unit. Well if this is the best Thailand has to show to the watching world, then they had better hand over the rest of their weapons now to make the humiliation complete.....

What a surprise, the police botched the operation. Another surprise, gunfire, hostage-taking, cowardly escape and violence. This country is descending into pure lawlessness.

Thailand has lots of laws - and produces endless reams of arrest warrants and court orders and sentences. What Thailand does not have is anyone to enforce any of it (without suitable payment).

If there were ever any doubt that Thailand's police and military are the most inept in the world, let there be no further doubt! I'm NOT criticising the soldiers and police on the fronlines. It's a leadership problem:

-Inability to prevent Yellows from camping out in the street blocking traffic for months.

-Inability to prevent Reds from blocking Rathaprasong and Ratchadamnoen for months.

-Inability to protect Government House

-Inability to protect the airport.

-Inability on Bloody Saturday

-Inability to protect the TV satellite company.

-Ineptitude in murdering hundreds of Muslims in that incident where they packed them like sardines in the trucks a few years back.

-Inability to control drunk driving, unsafe driving/motorcycling (probably the WORST offence,... at least it's resulted in the most deaths)

-Inability to manage equipment purchases on an enormous scale

Can anybody point out a significant accomplishment of the police/military in the past few years?

Edited by FreedomDude

The arrests were released in order to preserve the lives of the policeman that the red shirts had taken hostage.

With their penchant for mayhem, threats had to be taken seriously.

If there were ever any doubt that Thailand's police and military are the most inept in the world, let there be no further doubt! I'm NOT criticising the soldiers and police on the fronlines. It's a leadership problem:

-Inability to prevent Yellows from camping out in the street blocking traffic for months.

-Inability to prevent Reds from blocking Rathaprasong and Ratchadamnoen for months.

-Ineptitude in murdering hundreds of Muslims in that incident where they packed them like sardines in the trucks a few years back.

-Inability to control drunk driving, unsafe driving/motorcycling (probably the WORST offence,... at least it's resulted in the most deaths)

Can anybody point out a significant of the police/military in the past few years?

They manage the traffic well in our area during the peaks. :)

It's almost anarchy on the streets.

Civilians (reds) setting up road blocks and stopping and searching people. The police doing nothing at all.

What happened to Martial Law? State of Emergency? All words and no action.

We need a coup to bring some kind of law and order to the country.

<deleted>. The court again. It seems we have only the court to rule and the Government or others have to ask the court to do anything, but no one to enforce the ruling after the court has ruled, especially if you don't like the ruling that has come down

Can anybody point out a significant accomplishment of the police/military in the past few years?

Stoping motorists at tolls for speeding and asking for tea money ?

Well lets not be too harsh on them , cheaper to pay tea money :)

Now this operation will of course calm things down and make the red shirt leaders more ready to believe the governments sincere will to negotiate ... NOT!

Maybe Abhisit wants to arrest them to negociate with em ?

Else looks like they not so keen :)

Don't get my Red Shirt 'updates': 'Red Shirt Leaders arrested', followed shortly by: 'Red Shirt Leaders arrest attempt failed' <deleted>?... if they were arrested, then how did it fail? Did they let them go again? Or was the first report just crap/misinformed??

Edited by leebeeUK

The situation is spiralling quickly out of control.

My wife went to donate blood yesterday and had her car looked into by the Red security guards... they then politely held traffic as she needed to do a U-turn to get to where she wanted to go.

Don't get my 'Red Shirt' update: 'Red Shirt Leaders arrested', followed a shortly by: 'Red Shirt Leaders arrest attempt failed' <deleted>?... if they were arrested, then how did it fail? Did they let them go again? Or was the first report just crap/misinformed??

Just normal reporting here, at one point The Nation stated that the arrested 3 were on their way to the 11th infantry division, and to think that some people still believe the garbage written in this rag.

Don't get my 'Red Shirt' update: 'Red Shirt Leaders arrested', followed a shortly by: 'Red Shirt Leaders arrest attempt failed' <deleted>?... if they were arrested, then how did it fail? Did they let them go again? Or was the first report just crap/misinformed??

Just normal reporting here, at one point The Nation stated that the arrested 3 were on their way to the 11th infantry division, and to think that some people still believe the garbage written in this rag.

Except everything reported by The Nation on this morning's arrests is all over the television. Watch it with your own eyes. Please take your propaganda elsewhere.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

<deleted>. The court again. It seems we have only the court to rule and the Government or others have to ask the court to do anything, but no one to enforce the ruling after the court has ruled, especially if you don't like the ruling that has come down

Stoping motorists at tolls for speeding and asking for tea money ?

Well lets not be too harsh on them , cheaper to pay tea money :D

That's a selfish attitude. This practice that saves you money results in thousands of unnecessary deaths. I actually don't even find it funny. :)

the SC Park Hotel

http://www.scparkhotel.com/

this hotel is known to be owned by the fugitive Thaksin

it should be closed forthwith for harbouring wanted fugitives

if they refuse to close then cut the power, water supplies, revoke all the drink, dining and dancing licenses and arrest the management for aiding and abetting fugitives

send the staff home on full pay at the hotels expense

this is a message that should be relayed to all other hotels anywhere in the kingdom, that accept red shirts under arrest warrant as hotel guests

if the red leaders want to be at one with their red brethren then let them sleep on the floor in the street with them instead of bunking up in a 4* hotel

Except everything reported by The Nation on this morning's arrests is all over the television. Watch it with your own eyes. Please take your propaganda elsewhere.

What propaganda? are you saying the nation did not report this and suggesting I am making it up? the only propaganda here sunshine is from the nation, printing garbage as usual. As for watching television, we already know what side they are on so I have no doubt they reported the same garbage as the nation, there is no need to watch it.