Ebay Thai Account

I have registered with Ebay but need to open a bank account to fulfill Ebay's requirements to receive and send funds. I have a regular savings account in Thailand but want to keep this Ebay account seperate from that. How do I do this? I want to be able to send funds through my Ebay account to purchase goods in the US.

Thanks for any help,

Kringle

Hi Kringle

I in the process of doing the same. I take it you are based in Thailand?

If so then it is easy for you to open another account. The problem you may find is you may also have to set up Paypal register in Thailand and for that you will need a Thai visa from a Thai bank.

TAF

If you want to transfere funds from Paypal you must have an address and bank account in one of these countrys.>> Spain, Australia, Belgium, Germany, Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, and you must have a Credit or Debit card linked to that account. If this seems very confusing IT IS. I have been trying to organise something for four months and I think I have found the answer. If I can help any more send me an email: [email protected]

I have a type O marriage visa and a Thai bank account with a debit card but need to setup a Paypal account so I can transfer monies via another account. It's all getting really hard to do anything here.

Thanks for the info and I'll email you PattayaTony.

Cheers,

Kringle

Edited by Kringle

If you want to transfere funds from Paypal you must have an address and bank account in one of these countrys.>> Spain, Australia, Belgium, Germany, Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, and you must have a Credit or Debit card linked to that account. If this seems very confusing IT IS.

I can confirm that. Registration was a pain in... very confusing.

I've been trying the same, with a uk bank account - got as far as them saying they wanted me to be at home so they could phone me and check that I was there.... As I live in Thailand, that was kinda tricky... :o

As far as I could tell, there's no work around...

Beware of "good guys" who help to open CC account in EU or US. 99% its a perfect fraud - for some CC tricks, money theft and so.

Easy way is go to search and find EU bank who will open account with CC remotely. few banks in Spain do so, no hassle and easy.

Kringle, I have just replied to your email that should help. Forget the banks in Thailand, I have been to all and they dont have a proper Debit card but they call it a Debit card you can't use it online. Dont fall for these guys that will set up offshore accounts or the ones that sell the Virtual credit Debit cards as you cant use them on ebay or paypal, I have been through the hoops trying to get this going and got burnt for $400. Its not easy to set up a bank A/C online now ever since the 9/11.

You can only get a paypal Debit card if you are in the US.

Singapore is not on the list of countrys.

For most of the countrys that are not on the list paypal will send you a check, in Thailand it takes about 6 weeks for that check to clear plus the time for it to arrive here.

To open a verified paypal account on E-bay, they will need your issuing bank, to become varified you will need a credit card, once you have registered with them they will pay 2 small deposits into your current account, you must remember these when going back into paypal, enter these amounts and you can receive or send money, to become varified like myself they will do the same thing on your credit card statement, by them paying into your card $1.95, by the side of this there is a varication code, you must enter this into the relevent box when next logging into paypal,you can then accept and send larger amounts of cash, the only banks you can send cash into are UK, EUROPE, JAPAN USA, and maybe a couple more, it is a damm pity you cannot pay money from paypal into a Thai account, at the moment i have a big problem with E-Bay and the relevent parties in the UK, so have not used it for a month, my mate Kringle knows about this.

Am I correct in thinking that if you have managed to legitimately set up a paypal account in the UK, then you subsquently move to Thailand, Paypal will disallow you access to your own account as it will recognise a 'foreign' IP address.

Am I correct in thinking that if you have managed to legitimately set up a paypal account in the UK, then you subsquently move to Thailand, Paypal will disallow you access to your own account as it will recognise a 'foreign' IP address.

I think maybe you will be ok, if there is a problem with the ip address in thailand, keep your ip address in the Uk, and log onto it from Thailand, that does work, as i tried it in a internet shop in Buriram, to see if i had any new feedback left me, you can still keep your UK bank account then, transfer your money from Paypal into your UK bank and take it out in Thailand with a ATM Card. be a small charge, if you are selling add a couple of quid to the postage costs to cover this and your commision to paypal.

I checked my paypal account from the same internet shop, if doing this from an internet shop make sure you delete all your details when signing off.

Edited by Thaicoon

I think maybe you will be ok, if there is a problem with the ip address in thailand, keep your ip address in the Uk, and log onto it from Thailand, that does work, as i tried it in a internet shop in Buriram, to see if i had any new feedback left me, you can still keep your UK bank account then, transfer your money from Paypal into your UK bank and take it out in Thailand with a ATM Card. be a small charge, if you are selling add a couple of quid to the postage costs to cover this and your commision to paypal.

I checked my paypal account from the same internet shop, if doing this from an internet shop make sure you delete all your details when signing off.

Thanks for the advice guy's.

If I have a Thai Bank account and credit card then I can set up an ebay account and use pay pal?

Question is :D once I start (hopefully to do business, how do I try transfer my funds from pay pal to a uk bank account if I can not transfer them to Thailand. Sorry for sounding :o but this is the first time I would have used pay pal.

Cheers

TAF

Sorry, E-Bay or paypal will not let us use a Thai Bank Acount, this is the problem, if you sell from Thailand and get paid through paypal, the funds will have to be transfered to a UK, USA, JAPAN, EUROPEAN bank account. please check it out i may be wrong.

It is possible to use online debit cards, but only of a certain type... ie ones with a full e-con number, CCV digits etc. I bought one from a chap in Bangkok recentlyand have used it for several online payments of about $300,and I have had no trouble so far. As you can determinethe billing addressand name, it seems logical you could use it with Ebay and Paypall. I shall investigate further and let y'all know.

I tried to set up an e-bay account but I use an Offshore Bank and do not use a credit card so I have applied for one.

I hope that e-bay and paypal recognise Offshore Banks such as HSBC!

Anybody know if they do?

Cheers

TP

I tried to set up an e-bay account but I use an Offshore Bank and do not use a credit card so I have applied for one.

I hope that e-bay and paypal recognise Offshore Banks such as HSBC!

Anybody know if they do?

Cheers

TP

I think HSBC is Ok but the important thing is which country the account is in. The US or UK should be OK.

• 2 weeks later...
I have registered with Ebay but need to open a bank account to fulfill Ebay's requirements to receive and send funds. I have a regular savings account in Thailand but want to keep this Ebay account seperate from that. How do I do this? I want to be able to send funds through my Ebay account to purchase goods in the US.

Thanks for any help,

Kringle

Hello,

Most of us have a mail adres in outside of Thailand.

So , if you want to open a ebay account , use this adres.

Later you can change the adres to a Thai adres.

For a paypal account , use a European account.

Then you do not have to ad a credit card.

Oke you are then not a veryfeid user but then you can sent and recieve about 750 euro a month.

When this is not enough , open 10 accounts.

Everything is legal , don't scare.

good luck

dirkthai

About paypal and IP adress :

I just open a few weeks ago a new paypal account and use Dutch for my account.

There is no problem to open this , or send , recieve money.

Allso open some time a german account , same , no problem.

So if you have a German , UK , Dutch or French bank account , there is no problem to open paypal accounts in Thailand.

You can open 10 different accounts , and transfer the money normal to your bank account.

You not have to add a credit card.

When paypal ask to add one , just click CANSEL.

Allways open a premier account ( it is free )

Good Luck

Dirkthai

• 2 weeks later...

Thailand is an allowed country since June 2005, however, if you use a proxy server your account will be limited.

It is possible to use online debit cards, but only of a certain type... ie ones with a full e-con number, CCV digits etc. I bought one from a chap in Bangkok recentlyand have used it for several online payments of about $300,and I have had no trouble so far. As you can determinethe billing addressand name, it seems logical you could use it with Ebay and Paypall. I shall investigate further and let y'all know.

What do you mean you bought one? Is it stolen?

About paypal and IP adress :

I just open a few weeks ago a new paypal account and use Dutch for my account.

There is no problem to open this , or send , recieve money.

Allso open some time a german account , same , no problem.

So if you have a German , UK , Dutch or French bank account , there is no problem to open paypal accounts in Thailand.

You can open 10 different accounts , and transfer the money normal to your bank account.

You not have to add a credit card.

When paypal ask to add one , just click CANSEL.

Allways open a premier account ( it is free )

Good Luck

Dirkthai

Paypal only allow one account per person and you can only use your card or bank for one account, it is possible to open more by keeping it a FREE account and not accepting credit card payments and then sending the funds to another account, I did this and 99% of the payments I received came from credits cards, after I refused about 10 of them the account was put on limit.