Saving Water During Songkran.

elkangorito

3 photos of my truck turned water carrier with a 1,300 litre tank and a chinese/honda water pump on the back.

How does your truck handle with aprox 13oo Kg of weight on ? Did you have to install overload springs ?

It makes me drive with great care especially if the tank is less than full as the water sloshing around in the tank makes driving "interesting".

I haven't upgraded the springs as the journey is only about 3km loaded and about 5 minutes in time and I only do it every 3 or 4 years.

I have 20 ongs out the back of the kitchen for water storage.

post-5614-1271409977_thumb.jpg

That was taken in 2006 as was the next one of the klong across the road from the house.

post-5614-1271409894_thumb.jpg

Today the klong is virtually dry.

Only saw this topic today. Water shortage? What water shortage?

Look at the level of the Ping river, it's super high for this time of year.

This alleged drought thing used to be all the rage to whine about, but it never actually materialized. Also the water-shortage-whine-window has been eaten into from the haze-whine before it and the 'Songkran is out of control'-whine after. Nice though to revive it briefly, sort of like a retro-whine of old times sake.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

It makes me drive with great care especially if the tank is less than full as the water sloshing around in the tank makes driving "interesting".

I haven't upgraded the springs as the journey is only about 3km loaded and about 5 minutes in time and I only do it every 3 or 4 years.

I have 20 ongs out the back of the kitchen for water storage.

post-5614-1271409977_thumb.jpg

That was taken in 2006 as was the next one of the klong across the road from the house.

post-5614-1271409894_thumb.jpg

Today the klong is virtually dry.

Many thanks for the reply - and the pics. Great way to store water. Do you have some sort of a system to fill with rain water during the 'Wet' ??

I normally use the village water and run 4 ongs at a time, change to the next set when they run low, and then refill them.

This year is only the second time since 2003 the water level has been this low.

Later this year after the rains I am planning to dig a water tank of about 6 x 4 x 3.5 metres and concrete line the walls about 15 cm thick and the base 25cm thick with concrete pillars to support the roof structure of perhaps 10 cm thick.

It should give me perhaps another 75 cu/m of water and more than double that which I now have.

Granted that I will use more village water until the tank is full but after that it will be normal usage.

I can then move some 8 ongs to my wife's shop/restaurant and increase her storage as well then leave the rest here and keep hers topped up if necessary.

I normally store rainwater in 2 x 3,000 litre stainless steel storage tanks for drinking only.

These are my fresh water storage tanks though I have moved them since the photo was taken. It is also where I plan to put my underground tank.

post-5614-1271578620_thumb.jpg

In the rainy season I can fill a 3,000 litre tank from the roof in 2 days.

I have been offshore for a long while so this year I will top one tank from the other, take it off the stand and find a small person to climb inside (or not) to clean it then do the other tank the same way.