Why Can't We Discuss Non-los Topics?

I'm perfectly happy with the way things are but it might work to have a forum consisting of only one topic entitled "Talk about anything here".  And then let them talk about anything they want...in the one topic only.

We talked about that before , we agreed on it. it's already implemented.

You'll see it when you reach 500 posts , it's called "Bedlam"

So hold your horses for a while.

ok then, why would you close an old top like "how long have you been in Thailand" - was that really warranted?

why start a new thread, when all the old members have voted before and the new ones havent?

even your smilie was offish - bad day?

ok then, why would you close an old top like "how long have you been in Thailand" - was that really warranted?

why start a new thread, when all the old members have voted before and the new ones havent?

Cause the last reply before your was one year old. The older posters like the OP "the gentleman" have been banned :o

Most replies are from people that haven't posted for a while..

So , start a new one ..

No i'm not having a bad day :D

Cause the last reply before your was one year old. The older posters like the OP "the gentleman" have been banned :o

Most replies are from people that haven't posted for a while..

So , start a new one ..

No i'm not having a bad day :D

sorry my mistake, I didnt realise the OP had been banned :D:D:D

Happy with the way the forum is but maybe a lightly moderated section for other topics could be an idea to keep the chaps happy.The range of topics to do with LOS must be finite.

Exists already - its called Hong Khlaay Khriat (or Bedlam once you qualify)

So are we allowed to talk about rugby,UK.Spanish,Polish football,cricket,aussie rules etc?

Sport is worldwide and the ones discussed in the sports forum generally have a strong following in Thailand. For that reason, and the shortage of indiginous Thai sports, we allow pretty open discussion of sport in general in that forum.

As for the OP, its giving me a big yawn to be called "power hungry" for the millionth time. If you wish to express dissatisfaction with someone saying no to you, perhaps you could at least consult a thesaurus next time. Reading the same insults over and over is causing my own vocabulary to shrink, and new insults would indeed provide some much needed intellectual stimulation that Thai television robs me of. :o "wanton control freaks" or unholy deliverers of of oppressive keystrokes" may be a good start as I haven't seen those in years.

Cheers

cv

I cant remember a topic being iced in the sports section torny and in theory this one crosses the line, but it lives still.

:D

Probably because it's actually still on topic to its topic!

Holy **** it hasn't been hijacked!! :D

Really, as a relative newbie here, but a long time member of many professional and interest-oriented forums and newsgroups, I can say I drop off a topic as soon as someone starts waving a flag or ranting some personal bent which hijacks a thread. :D

Quite simply, most forums that have information and exchange as one of their principles have moderators who simply 'delete' OT posts, thus preserving the topic. I have no problem with that. :D

What I do find discouraging is the topic dying because one or two or five or more posters hijacking a thread because they have a knot in their pants over issues they obviously don't know how to direct elsewhere. :D

Forums survive by their relevance to their participants. IMO :o

I cant remember a topic being iced in the sports section torny and in theory this one crosses the line, but it lives still.

Really, as a relative newbie here, but a long time member of many professional and interest-oriented forums and newsgroups, I can say I drop off a topic as soon as someone starts waving a flag or ranting some personal bent which hijacks a thread. :D

Quite simply, most forums that have information and exchange as one of their principles have moderators who simply 'delete' OT posts, thus preserving the topic. I have no problem with that. :D

What I do find discouraging is the topic dying because one or two or five or more posters hijacking a thread because they have a knot in their pants over issues they obviously don't know how to direct elsewhere. :D

I totally agree...... did you see the Formula 1 on Sunday last?

Yes, did you?

Happy with the way the forum is but maybe a lightly moderated section for other topics could be an idea to keep the chaps happy.The range of topics to do with LOS must be finite.

Exactly - why does this fact keep having to be repeated?

The VIP room was ditched becaused newer members felt it alienated them, now now we have two rooms for talking about whatever we want.

HKK - For anyone and Bedlam for those more prolific posters with 500 posts or more on thee clock.

I don't understand the problem.

The VIP room was ditched becaused newer members felt it alienated them, now now we have two rooms for talking about whatever we want.

HKK - For anyone and Bedlam for those more prolific posters with 500 posts or more on thee clock.

And yet, when I PM a mod about an off-topic-section I get replied with:

We don't have an off topic board as such.

for political discussions you can use www.bearpit.net one of our partners

for discussions about nightlife there's www.barladies.com

If mods don't know about the off-topic-sections, how can new users?

And yet, when I PM a mod about an off-topic-section I get replied with:

We don't have an off topic board as such.

for political discussions you can use www.bearpit.net one of our partners

for discussions about nightlife there's www.barladies.com

If mods don't know about the off-topic-sections, how can new users?

OMG.... get a life... :o If you really want to talk about anything join a specific forum.... there's probably a "train spotting" forum or an "Eastenders" forum if that's what you want. :D

Nobody is saying there is an off topic section.... however in the Bedlam it seems like you can talk about pretty much anything... it is not an off topic forum as such though.

totster :D

Edited by Totster

No, but I watched the Indianapolis 500 where that chick came in 4th.

Next is NASCAR where she'll give 'em he11 too! :D

CMT,

I can understand your concerns to some point. We simply want to concentrate on Thailand related topics. If it is a Bali or Australian topic, then they can do it better than us.

Well, I've just had a post deleted for the first time. I'm really quite upset about it.

Yes, it was indeed a controversial subject, but surely intelligent people can have intelligent debate.

And yes, it was an 'international' story, but it had huge implications for Thai tourism. LOTS of internetional subjects must surely have an impact on Thailand.

So, yes, I am upset . . . but I'm not angry. Being a moderator on ANY board is a tough job - I wouldn't do it!

Still, I think perhaps I'll not post again for a while . . .

Well, I've just had a post deleted for the first time.  I'm really quite upset about it.

Yes, it was indeed a controversial subject, but surely intelligent people can have intelligent debate.

And yes, it was an 'international' story, but it had huge implications for Thai tourism.  LOTS of internetional subjects must surely have an impact on Thailand.

So, yes, I am upset . . . but I'm not angry.  Being a moderator on ANY board is a tough job - I wouldn't do it!

It wasn't deleted Judy... just merged here.

CMT,

I can understand your concerns to some point. We simply want to concentrate on Thailand related topics. If it is a Bali or Australian topic, then they can do it better than us.

Well, I've just had a post deleted for the first time. I'm really quite upset about it.

And yes, it was an 'international' story, but it had huge implications for Thai tourism. LOTS of internetional subjects must surely have an impact on Thailand.

So, yes, I am upset . . . but I'm not angry. Being a moderator on ANY board is a tough job - I wouldn't do it!

Your post has not been deleted , it has been moved.

it's in the news section now.

As it is contreversial and about phedofiles again , we will watch it closely and if it turns into a lynch mob (as so many posts of this nature did before) we will close it

DK

Think best to summerize:

If you need a litlle less moderation use Hong klaay kriat. Basic moderation rules of content and no flaming still apply, it's still a part of thaivisa.

If you make it to the advanced member stage you can use bedlam which is even less moderated.

If you need to talk politics not related to thailand: www.bearpit.net

If you need to talk nightlife in thailand: www.barladies.com

I hereby declare all has been revealed, and will close this topc :o

Thanks for your attention :D

DK