New Honda Vfr

visions

Just been told by my Honda Dealer that the Honda VFR 1200 displayed at the MotorShow, will be available for public sale in 3 months. Plus the CB1100 also available. (not just the show bikes, they will be available for general sale)

The VFR is far too big for me but the dealer was trying hard to get me to buy. They know I want a bigger bike than the CBR 150 cuz I am always pestering them about new releases.

I find it very hard to understand why Honda would release for sale, what I would presume, would be very low sales volume models? When there are many people crying out for the smaller more popular bikes. (of all types)

Maybe it is the start of Honda releasing further models on the Thai market (lets hope) but seems arse about face to me??

LOL- is this the same dealer that let you order the non-existant VTR250 many months ago?

I'm willing to bet you a case of beer that the VFR 1200 will NOT go on sale in Thailand within the next 3 months.

Honda is still in neutral when it comes to their big bike operation in Thailand- they started building the Big Wing showroom in Bangkok and then mothballed it. It's a shame as I am a huge Honda fan, but it would seem they are still not interested in the Thai big bike market.

Hey, I'm six foot tall, and even though I might look a little "outsized" for the bike, I still wouldn't turn my nose up at the Honda CB 150 R.

I'd be using my deposit on the 150, get one right away and start having a ball.

Tell the dealer to use your deposit on the VTR 250 against the VFR 1200.

If I'm not mistaken the OP already has a CBR150 and is looking to add something a bit more 'substantial' to his garage. :)

If he wants a Honda from AP Honda, Thailand I think he'll be waiting a long time...

Hey, I'm six foot tall, and even though I might look a little "outsized" for the bike, I still wouldn't turn my nose up at the Honda CB 150 R.

I'd be using my deposit on the 150, get one right away and start having a ball.

Tell the dealer to use your deposit on the VTR 250 against the VFR 1200.

I asked at the motorshow 'when are Honda big bikes available' and was told maybe next year. I would have thought if they were going to be available within 3 months then Honda would have advertised the fact at the show as Suzuki did last year.

I asked at the motorshow 'when are Honda big bikes available' and was told maybe next year. I would have thought if they were going to be available within 3 months then Honda would have advertised the fact at the show as Suzuki did last year.

Did you by any chance asked about the future of the Honda CBR 150R?

Did you by any chance asked about the future of the Honda CBR 150R?

The 'staff' at the Honda booth were even MORE clueless this year than they were last! What a strange operation they have going here in Thailand... :)

If Honda AP where to introduce big bikes in LOS this year, emmisiontests and homolegalisation processs would have been started. Not seen any such sign. Importing a few "grey" units for show and then selling them as oneoffs works, but volume sale is complicated in LOS with the worlds most stringent emissionrequirements

Looked at the DN 01 at Phuket Bikeweek, a rider from Vietnam, and still dreaming this would be officially available here

Edited by katabeachbum

The 'staff' at the Honda booth were even MORE clueless this year than they were last! What a strange operation they have going here in Thailand... :)

Would have to agree with that statement 100% !!

There must be "someone" in Honda Thailand that actually knows what is happening?? It seems such simple PR to make a statement outlining their general business direction. They must be aware (or should be anyway) about the uncertanty and confusion of Honda bike lovers of the ifs and whens of new models.

Honda are missing many sales for sure. With somwhere about 1000 CBR150s being sold per month in Thailand I would think logical that a percentage would move up in size on a regular basis.

Like one of the replies mentioned above... I was told of the 250 being available early this year...turned out not to be true.....I wasnt holding my breath anyway...... last Sunday the dealer manager told me about the VFR 1200 being available.......true or not I have no idea ...I just reported what I was told as some on this forum may be interested.

What I did take from the conversation..... right or wrong.....is, if it is true.... it is a strange model to introduce here?? But that just maybe.......and I did say "maybe" that it is the start of Honda introducing new models here. Why would they show a CBR 600 on the show stand and no CBR150..... The whole Honda bigger bike scene is a confusion. Honda are not doing themselves any favours by letting that continue.

I am in the process of bringing my '08 Honda Hornet 600 into bkk.

Will let you know how it goes but have a very good company doing it, all legit.

and tell the truth DON'T gloss over anything. good luck. i hope things have changed at Customs.