PM Abhisit's Minefield

webfact

^funny thing is if Khun T ever was PM again, nothing much would change. :) However as I have stated prior I think he will never be PM again that boat has sailed. :D

Red apologists will however strive mightily to bring him back.

Saying oh, I don't think he is coming back and oh, it won't make much difference.

Is just a sleight of hand.

Try another con.

Regarding "Abhisit's Minefield" I am curious to know that if Abhisit was merely a puppet, as he has so often been tagged, who is the puppet master? And why isn't the puppet master doing anything to take back control of the country?

I repeat, no one seems to be fully in charge of this country today. This is a very dangerous situation, surely?

Edited by samtam

Regarding "Abhisit's Minefield" I am curious to know that if Abhisit was merely a puppet, as he has so often been tagged, who is the puppet master? And why isn't the puppet master doing anything to take back control of the country?

I repeat, no one seems to be fully in charge of this country today. This is a very dangerous situation, surely?

It certainly is.

However the subject of the puppet master (or these days, the puppet master's family) can neither be discussed on Thai Visa, nor more generally in Thailand. Which of course is one of the great structural deficiencies of the so called Thai democratic political system.

It's amazing what a billion can buy these days. A whole country. Thailand R.I.P.

No less wily a commentator then ex-Democrat Samak Sundaradej said it himself, back before the TRT bought him: "Anyone with that kind of money [referring to Thaksin Shinawatra] can buy the whole country anytime he wants.

"

However, the possibility of another menacing red-shirt rally may not be as scary as the threat of a legal clampdown similar to the one that sent "pro-Thaksin" commissioners to jail a few years ago. Election commissioners may have a prestigious job but, politically and legally speaking, they are among the most vulnerable.

Bit by bit, the admissions are coming out.

Once again the Thaksin haters will have to go into denial mode and lie. I cannot wait for Anotherpeter to show up and claim that Thaksin was not overthrown and that there was no intereference in respect to the Thaksin proceedings.

Looks like you missed the term "legal," kid. You gotta roll with the game even when it doesn't suit your argument.

^funny thing is if Khun T ever was PM again, nothing much would change. :) However as I have stated prior I think he will never be PM again that boat has sailed. :D

I agree, Thaksin should come back as President instead and be the saviour that Thailand needs

Why does all the topic turn into Thaksin argument. This topic is not about him at all.. :D

I speak of this in the other topic and the post just disappeared. My other post that questioned also disappear. Yea.. without any reason given.

Maybe.. just maybe Thaksin is what bring a huge amount of traffic to TV and the members are not allowed to speak against?? :)

Why does all the topic turn into Thaksin argument. This topic is not about him at all.. :D

I speak of this in the other topic and the post just disappeared. My other post that questioned also disappear. Yea.. without any reason given.

Maybe.. just maybe Thaksin is what bring a huge amount of traffic to TV and the members are not allowed to speak against?? :)

Oh yes it is.

You might not like others to talk about it.

And you would prefer not to mention that he is financing the red campaign to return him to power.

Maybe you would like Thaksin to disappear from the discussion because you are ashamed.

But I doubt it.

Hey.. yoshi, you have a nice avatar.. It makes it easier for me to skip your posts on TV. :D

Seriously, man, why are you so obsessed with Thaksin. If you are anti-red, you can talk the thousands other reasons why they are bad without bringing Thaksin every time. And, there are also topic on TV that are not about Thaksin or the Red. Don't you think your obsession with Thaksin make it hard to have a proper discussion here? :)

The most common insult I have heard here directed against Abhisit, is that he is Oxford-educated. Ignoring for a moment the fact that most Asia-pac nations prize higher education for their own children as an almost divine force, including South Korea where the push to get all children into the best Universities is causing a near crisis, and the obvious fact that education for a leader is a *good* thing, one point really strikes me about this ridiculous red-propaganda slur on Abhisit's education, and it comes to the fore now in these events.

Why would a man, an Oxford-educated, handsome and by all standards charming & a good multilingual speaker, who could get A LOT of really great jobs, lead a wealthy and comfortable life in any number of fields, choose to be PM in a corrupt and vested-interests addled, poverty-afflicted, socially unequal, and so forth nation, if he did not passionately care about that nation and want to actually help make it more equal and modernised?

Given that his chosen job is : stressful, unhealthy, and flat-out dangerous. He could have, with his education and his persona, got a top-flight job in any number of positions where he wasn't in danger or having to deal with stress of this nature.

I may be repeating what others have said here, but it is just that I keep seeing this 'he is Oxford-educated' used as a slur and it is self-contradictory, the very fact he is well educated and is still working as PM must mean he actually cares about this nation, I know I'm educated & I wouldn't want that job in a million years.

Hey.. yoshi, you have a nice avatar.. It makes it easier for me to skip your posts on TV. :D

Seriously, man, why are you so obsessed with Thaksin. If you are anti-red, you can talk the thousands other reasons why they are bad without bringing Thaksin every time. And, there are also topic on TV that are not about Thaksin or the Red. Don't you think your obsession with Thaksin make it hard to have a proper discussion here? :)

:D:D:D Good one . Wonder as well .

The writer seems to be into conspiracy theories - I wonder if he has considered: the court just did their job, made a decision based on the facts presented and pushed forward the date due to the current political chaos.

Not really all that complicated.

It does produce a "minefield" for Abhisit to tackle though - I agree. He is in for a very hard decision making time.

Given the present circumstancs, it is most likely that the court did its job. There is no way that the A-G is not going to support the case against the democrat party. Bureacracy is the universal constant. The Mandarins are protecting their position and will leave it to the courts to make the final decision.

Where does that leave Khun Abhisit? My guess is that he will try to hold out untill the Attorney General makes a decision on the case. If the A-G supports the case as I believe they will do, then Abhisit will disolve Parliament and resign as PM. I doubt very much he will risk his party being dissolved and the government being handed over to his political foes. In the meantime, watch out for the emergence of a new political party.

Does anybody have a clear logical picture of what charges the EC are suggesting and therefore, if found guilty, what the likely outcome would be.

Does party dissolution automatically mean all current members of parliament in the Democrat party are banned for 5 yesrs, or what?

- Party dissolution