Vat Tax On Gold

swissie

Apparently according to some of the dreamers on this site, you can walk into a bullion bank and exchange cash for gold on spot. No tax, no commissions, no premium and no receipt.

Funny how I can't exchange BHT for CAD without paying commission and getting receipt but whatever.

want to answer the OP's question..or what ?

oK, so you said there is no vat tax on gold.. Did you buy bullion recently ? If you did then lets see the receipt, and if you didn't then I have no faith in your answer.

want to answer the OP's question..or what ?

oK, so you said there is no vat tax on gold.. Did you buy bullion recently ? If you did then lets see the receipt, and if you didn't then I have no faith in your answer.

the OP didnt ask about bullion !

Apparently according to some of the dreamers on this site, you can walk into a bullion bank and exchange cash for gold on spot. No tax, no commissions, no premium and no receipt.

Funny how I can't exchange BHT for CAD without paying commission and getting receipt but whatever.

some dreamers pay commission and even taxes in far away countries. realists who buy bullion in Thailand pay the ask price and when they sell they receive the bid price. the difference in nearly all thai gold shops is 100 Baht per baht weight (bid/ask difference on gold jewellery is higher). no tax, no commission, receipt issued only on demand. why anybody would ask for a receipt on bullion purchase is beyond normal comprehension.

beyond comprehension is also that those dreamers who pay tax and commission and doubt what others tell him don't have the guts to simply walk into one of the thousands of thai gold shops and find out themselves instead of bitching around and indirectly calling others liars. could the reason be that they can't read the signs which gold shops have quite often displayed?

Edited by Naam

No VAT on any gold products sold at the many gold shops.

The sell price is the price you pay per baht weight....period

The buy is the price they give you per baht weight for yours...period

Here is a baht weight conversion table too

http://www.thaibahtgold.com/weight.html

Don't know about pure (96.5%) thai gold but,But there is VAT on gold 24K or less with diamonds semi precious or precious stones.

Don't know about pure (96.5%) thai gold but,But there is VAT on gold 24K or less with diamonds semi precious or precious stones.

:) Yes & also if you buy a gold watch in Robinsons....But this is not the same as buying gold :D

what about 99.% gold ?I kinda need to know, I was going to go to Scotia tomorrow to buy more gold but I might wait till I get to BKK.

what about 99.% gold ?I kinda need to know, I was going to go to Scotia tomorrow to buy more gold but I might wait till I get to BKK.

I do not know if all shops treat it the same there as I buy my 9999 stuff locally in the US

but I do see a small difference according to this on 96 vs 99 there in LOS...but again do not know that it holds true at all shops

http://www.ausiris.co.th/en/index.php

Thai gold is 96.5 % pure gold and not 99%.

Gold trade, close to Jewelry trade Center, Silom Road next to Holiday inn hotel.

Im sure this has been covered extensivly.

NO tax.

NO commision.

No receipts, unless u want one.

NO 'where did u get this cash' Questions asked.

ef

I have no faith in people who guess and assume stuff incorrectly , repetitiously.

and u can buy 96.5%(thai standard or 99.99% if u like.

PPS - 'I was going to go tomorrow' ??? so ur not? or weren't?

i thought u 'were' heading to BKK to have ur eyes opened?