Diligent Worker

thymode91

Which nationals you prefer to work with you? why?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My blue collar workforce is basically Thai with Philipino supervision... and it works well. It gets rid of the Thai "senior" problems.

My white collar workforce is totally Thai... d@mn good workers too.

You should have had Nepalese (or, Nepali) on your list. These guys are awesome ! We have here (at various times), Canadians, Americans, Brits, Aussies, South Africans, Afghanis, Indian and Nepalese workers.

Of ALL of them, the Nepalese are the hardest workers and the cheeriest people (and the 2nd lowest paid).

I can pretty much gaurantee that if this company were to set up another operation anywhere in the world, they would try their best to bring in Nepalese workers.

Why not Thai supervise by Thai as well? :o

We tried that 3 years ago... it didn't work. :D

We have over 1500 blue collar workers.

got it.. :D so, are you satisfied with the Filipino performance handling people?

Yes, they're all very experienced... and the Thais seem happy with the arrangement too.

Definitely Chinese from the Mainland ! Hard and smart working, highly educated, quick thinking on their feet, flexible, outspoken.

Yep...I agree for this..but some of them like the tecnician/Engineer from Guangzhou who build our test lab, they work very hard from 8 AM to 9 PM but seems to be poor workmanship, some installation are out of standards. :o (I don't know the reason probabaly due to cost reduction) :D

In terms of cooperative and diligent I'd have to put Filipinos at the top.

There's more to being just "hard-working" to get the job done successfuly.

that's great! :o so I have to tell my filipino friends about it. thats why plenty of them in blue collar job around the world.

Cheers! :D

I said Indian. Several reasons.

Firstly, I have not worked with all on the list, so discounted them as I would be streotypical impression rather than working knowledge.

Of those I have worked with. I suppose it depends if I'm working with, working for, or they are working for me. I took the former and latter as the basis for my discission (don't think I have ever worked for anyone in the list - ignoring British born Indians that I count as British and as such excluded).

I find Indians easier because there is no 'face' problems. They tend to get the humour. Their English is usually excellent. They work well, for long hours, are dedicated and hard working.

Also, from a purely selfish standpoint (and almost definatly contencious) - are generally of a lower standard than me. I work in IT as a self-employed contractor, so it is important to me that I do not loose out to the cheaper alternative. Japanese IT workers that I have worked with in the UK are often very good in addition to the qualities I attributed to the Indains. Chinese (incl. Hong Kong and Taiwanese - simple because I could not tell the difference so have had to metally lump them together) and Vietnamese born/educated in Britain are also very good, but would want the same money I do, so are less of a threat.

I realise this may come across as bigotted, but I don't mean it too. I am currently in the UK working for a major international company's IT division, and 90% of the IT workforce is off-shored to India (though many are on-site in the UK on 6 month rotations). I have had good exposure to them, manage many of them and work with others. Some are very good, most are certainly not - I put it down to the fact that big companies go off-shore for cost and the good Indians are contracting in the USA where the money is big and not working for suppliers that pay peanuts. Anyway, my Hindi is coming along well!

Hum Honge Kanyab Eg Din

Edited by wolf5370

thai over local (israeli)any day but then i'm predjudiced and spoiled: kibbutz (worst), arab local (awful), beduins (even worse), chinese (very hard to work with and bad farmers, good with buildings); european gap year kids (brits and south africans especially, awful awful awful) other euros: awful and have bad attitude, finnish, great !!), romanian, forget it... filipina (here they work with old people and handicapped people so i dont really know but heard plus and minuses... the thai workers are mostly only in agriculture, the indians in care giving like the filipinas, romanains and chinese are the builders along w/the arabs... beduins are in the farm areas w/the thai but the thai workers hate them... etc etc etc....

no offense to any of these groups specifically but from what i;ve worked with for the past twenty years.... give me a thai worker any day: no yelling, no hassle, once u let them know u want them to take on some responsibiblty, they do, no fuss no muss, no attitude problems , work hard, good endurance level accurate, inventive but employers must understand thai culture a bit or there are major problems...social people, loyal to good employer w/ not wonderful pay as opposed to bad employer and good pay